Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back ( youth edition )
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Just back ( youth edition )

This thread currently has 5,076 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
December 6, 2023, 12:31pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
A good headline missed:

“Forest fire extinguished”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 49
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 6, 2023, 12:34pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,275
Gold Stars: 306
I don't want to fixate on the disappointment of a young lad, but...

The Forest player closest to the camera's response is gold dust, his reaction to the goal is almost in slow motion and you can see him thinking 'how....have....we lost...to...Grimsby'

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 49
forza ivano
December 6, 2023, 12:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,178
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from It Bites
We bossed the game playing a high intensity and very aggressive style . We set up how all youth teams should imo . Forest were tidy but gave the ball away a lot and lacked intensity. Forest number 9 needs calming down a bit , he was the biggest drama queen at BP since Fenty

Think the no. 9 is a lad called Connor from Lincoln. Very 'well known' in local circles , so his disgraceful/ pathetic behaviour came as no surprise to those itk
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 49
Poojah
December 6, 2023, 1:05pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from forza ivano

Think the no. 9 is a lad called Connor from Lincoln. Very 'well known' in local circles , so his disgraceful/ pathetic behaviour came as no surprise to those itk

It’s not quite Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, but that’s a cool name all the same.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 49
Abdul19
December 6, 2023, 1:15pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,565
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from Poojah

It's a bit 'Popmaster caller' for my liking.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 49
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 6, 2023, 1:46pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,275
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from Poojah

I always though 'Hesselink' sounded like a bad planner's name for the road between Hull and Goole.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 49
HerveJosse
December 6, 2023, 2:01pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from forza ivano

Sent off against Tottenham and Man City in similar circumstances in their league this year. Shame he is a head case because he was at Lincoln and obviously has ability. Someone needs to sort him out was suprised their coaching staff showed no reaction to his behaviour even when he kicked the water bottle when he left the pitch and it brushed Neil Woods.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 49
DaleH
December 6, 2023, 3:48pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +816
Gold Stars: 168
My son is an under 16 at the academy, and has been there for two seasons. It has been a truly brilliant experience for him, in which he has developed well as a player, grown in confidence, and made a lot of super friends.

Sadly for him, we know that he won't have a scholarship with the youth team come next season, but even so we wouldn't have swapped the last two seasons for anything in the world. Every other one of the 9x u16's not getting scholarships left the club immediately upon being notified on 28 October, to continue playing football elsewhere. And believe me, the decision making process must have been really difficult, as the under 16's were a fantastic group of players. But my lad decided to stay until the end of the season, as he wants to keep training and playing at the highest level that he can to assist him further in trying to make his football career elsewhere. And I cannot speak highly enough of how supportive Neil Woods and his staff have been in supporting him, in what is a difficult time for a young footballer. They have been terrific with him. On a personal note, we are very proud of our lad for showing the strength of character not to give up and keep pitching up three nights a week from Skegness and on matchdays. His hard work and Neil's support has already resulted in him getting an offer of a scholarship with a National League club, as well a strong possibility of a second opportunity with Chesterfield if they get promoted back to the EFL.  None of this would be possible without the support of Neil and the guys at the Grimsby Town Academy, and we will be forever grateful to them.

I hear lots of horror stories about kids released from academy's, getting cast aside etc. And I have also read that book "No Hunger In Paradise" by Michael Calvin (and seen the documentary around it). All I can say is this. This certainly hasn't been the case for my boy at Grimsby Town Academy, this really has not been our experience. Quite the opposite, where he has been looked after brilliantly, with a high degree of compassion and care. I'd actually say that it has been managed in such a way that has quite possibly spurred him on even more to try and succeed.

It came as no surprise to me that the Youth Team turned Forest over last night, and I am absolutely buzzin for them all. Especially for the two boys from little old Skegness, Billy Bradley (capt) and Jack Collins. Billy and his family are good family friends of ours, and that lad is an absolute diamond of a boy. He is the most delightful kid you could ever wish to meet, who is mature beyond his years, caring, and with the most impeccable manners you could ever imagine. I am thrilled for both of them, but particularly for Billy.

Well done to all of the lads in the Youth Team. And well done to Neil Woods and Callum Lester, and everyone else in the academy who can also take credit for getting these lads to where they are.

Time to resurrect my Fishy signature again. So here goes.

"BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 49
TownSNAFU5
December 6, 2023, 4:12pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
That Forest player was (wrongly) thinking how they had just lost to the likes of Grimsby, when they had very recently won 4-3 at Man City.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 49
Les Brechin
December 6, 2023, 4:19pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,710
Gold Stars: 174
The kids might need teaching a bit of attitude.

It wouldn't surprise me if most of their lads turned up thinking the game was already won!

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back ( youth edition )

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.