supertown
December 5, 2023, 9:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Quoted from Hagrid

Ahh rubbish, he blows the whistle at the point Grealish is through on goal, its horrendously poor officiating and you know full well if it happened against us, you'd be up in arms

I

Poor decision but he still had a lot to do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
ginnywings
December 5, 2023, 9:35am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
I think you can just put the decision down to human error, and those opposed to VAR have said they can live with the odd gaffe from a ref as it evens out over the season.

The reaction of the big babies on the pitch was more horrendous than the genuine mistake by the ref.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Sandford1981
December 6, 2023, 1:44pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from ginnywings
I think you can just put the decision down to human error, and those opposed to VAR have said they can live with the odd gaffe from a ref as it evens out over the season.

The reaction of the big babies on the pitch was more horrendous than the genuine mistake by the ref.

Also the view you get on TV (essentially a Birds Eye view) is totally different to the one you get on the ground in amongst it. The game looks different in the upper compared with the main stand for example. Passing angles, positioning and depth perception are seemingly and markedly different.
I think it would help to have the refs view to show what he saw to highlight the difference between the two. It was a poor call undoubtedly but I think we could try and understand it better.

β€œI know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Football Twit of the Week πŸŽ–

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.