Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Oxford pre match.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Oxford pre match.

This thread currently has 3,330 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
December 1, 2023, 7:45pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Loved Artell’s interview  on BBC and club website. Interesting ,open ,informative honest all the things that Hursts interviews were not. Loved his answer to question about Amos injury what is it? Sorry I forgot I did know on Tuesday but I have forgotten he’s out for 2 weeks. Can see why the owners went for him. Nice to have someone with a brain and no bull excrement in the role
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
DB
December 1, 2023, 10:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from ginnywings
Very interesting interview by Matt Dean, that goes off on some random tangents. Tolstoy's War and Peace anyone?

Passing mention of the transfer window, without any detail.

Matt also asks about Alex Hunt and why he hasn't been included thus far, among many other points raised.

Well worth a listen.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0gwx69l

I'd stop listening to pre match interviews, as Hurst's were more or less the same. As you pointed out it was worth a listen, very honest and didn't evade Matt Dean's questions.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll start listening to them again.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Mighty_Mariner
December 1, 2023, 10:34pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from ska face

Interesting story about keeping a player engaged on the bench, very smart.

Interested to hear him say he’ll be meeting with Joe to “see how far down the line the club was with certain things”. Inference there being the recruitment work has been ongoing since the end of the transfer window and probably still carrying on with targets that had been identified through the summer. Saves him coming in and having to start from scratch which will be a big plus.

Can’t see anything doing with Murphy from Newcastle now given he came on against Chelsea last week.

We expect that would happen as common practice with most clubs planning for the next window just as the last one shuts, particularly when the club has a recruitment lead!

The issue might be the ones Joe had identified and researched don’t fit with the new way of playing?! I’d imagine the profile of players we have been looking at is very different to what Artell wants!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Oxford pre match.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.