2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 28, 2023, 9:57pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
played brilliantly tonight - hadn't realised he was at Crewe as a youngster when Artell was at the Academy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
November 28, 2023, 9:58pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,437
Gold Stars: 536
Thought it was his best game for us. Cruel that his slip allowed MK In for the goal
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
fishcake63
November 28, 2023, 10:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Still think hunt finished  hagrid
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Epworth Mariner
November 28, 2023, 10:16pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +654
Gold Stars: 57
I thought Hunt did well……
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
smokin joe
November 28, 2023, 10:39pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +0 / -1
Approval: -128
i thought hunt played well when he come on held on to the ball well and some good passing
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
Kris2
November 29, 2023, 9:04am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Toby Mullarkey was the main one Artell came and spoke to when he decided against watching and got involved in coaching. He looked very animated so would love to know what was said because he got an awful lot out of a player who has fell by the wayside in recent times. We saw early on what he's capable of and Artell clearly knows it because he lit a fire under his bottom after the first 5 minutes when he showed up on the touchline.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
forza ivano
November 29, 2023, 9:11am

Exile
Quoted from Kris2
Toby Mullarkey was the main one Artell came and spoke to when he decided against watching and got involved in coaching. He looked very animated so would love to know what was said because he got an awful lot out of a player who has fell by the wayside in recent times. We saw early on what he's capable of and Artell clearly knows it because he lit a fire under his bottom after the first 5 minutes when he showed up on the touchline.

Interesting point  , must've thought he can make a difference straight away coz he knows what Toby can do
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
SpiritOf98
November 29, 2023, 9:34am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Approval: +281
Gold Stars: 6
There was a buzz going through the team, and in that hairy 30 minutes second half when MK changed the pattern and stopped us playing like we did first half you had to think..this is the point at which we fall away, concede and lose confidence, and maybe lose the game. But the effort we put in to counter that was enormous.

Interesting that Artell often mentions the mental approach,  that it's not just about dutifully sticking to the whiteboard and rigid positioning, summed up for me by Mullarkey and Hunt who both looked like they'd had weights lifted off their shoulders.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 18
forza ivano
November 29, 2023, 10:14am

Exile
Quoted from SpiritOf98
There was a buzz going through the team, and in that hairy 30 minutes second half when MK changed the pattern and stopped us playing like we did first half you had to think..this is the point at which we fall away, concede and lose confidence, and maybe lose the game. But the effort we put in to counter that was enormous.

Interesting that Artell often mentions the mental approach,  that it's not just about dutifully sticking to the whiteboard and rigid positioning, summed up for me by Mullarkey and Hunt who both looked like they'd had weights lifted off their shoulders.

In other sports , sports pyschology is used widely, and I've always thought that a number of our players (Michee being the prime example) could benefit from it. Can imagine that Artell is far more open to that than Hurst
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
devs
November 29, 2023, 10:36am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,982
Gold Stars: 30
Take your point about Mullarkey
Great energy, strength etc
But his crossing is shocking 90% of the time - hardly ever gets it above knee high

I think that need to improve from both flanks before we start winning more matches

Hunt is an Artell type player - I expect him to be given a good run of games cos his technical skill is excellent
Conteh was class last night
I like the look of Ainlee - comfortable on the ball

I'm thinking players like Holohan, Green, Amos and Andrews might struggle in a football-playing team
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Toby Mullarkey

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.