Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mariners TV - a bit of tech help needed
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Mariners TV - a bit of tech help needed

This thread currently has 2,168 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
November 28, 2023, 2:42pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,605
Gold Stars: 1,503
Right, I’m normally not too bad with this sort of thing, but I’ve pretty much drawn a blank with a frustrating issue I’ve had with Mariners TV this season.

Last season, I had no problem at all using the AirPlay feature on my iPhone to stream to my Apple TV box, which I bought specifically for the reason of being able to watch games on my living room telly without the need for dícking around with cables.

This season, this no longer works. When I try to AirPlay a live game, I just get a little spinning wheel on my TV; no picture or sound. I’ve noticed that it works fine when streaming match highlights / interviews etc., and I can even get it going with a live stream before the game begins, when it alternates between footage of the players warming up in the ground and adverts, but not the game itself.

This leads me to believe that the feed provider is purposely doing something to make it difficult to transmit live games to large screen devices, and I know this was technically verboten (though still possible with workarounds) on the old iFollow platform.

The best workaround I’ve come up with so far is to AirPlay from my desktop computer, as you can do this externally from the video player itself (you just cast the whole screen, so Mariners TV wouldn’t know what you were doing). The problem with this is twofold. Firstly, it’s a bit laggy, possibly because of the distance between my computer and my TV, and secondly it gives the wife an additional opportunity to get stuck into me - “what, so you’re stopping me watching celebrity on the telly, and you’re taking up the computer, you ****!?”.

It’s a long shot, but I just wondered if anyone else had encountered this problem and found a better solution than I have.

Cheers!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
lukeo
November 28, 2023, 2:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,378
Gold Stars: 148
I still pay for mariners player and haven't used it for months. I've tried cancelled through 3 different emails and a Facebook
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 29
Poojah
November 28, 2023, 2:52pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from lukeo
I still pay for mariners player and haven't used it for months. I've tried cancelled through 3 different emails and a Facebook

Speak to your bank, mate.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 29
arryarryarry
November 28, 2023, 3:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from lukeo

Is it a direct debit and do you do on-line banking, I just go into direct debits and cancel any I need to without ever talking to my bank or going in.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 29
SteffiMariner
November 28, 2023, 3:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
More and more broadcasting apps are blocking Airplay to protect the content from piracy and monitor device sign in, they may have a temporary ban on for when the matches are aired, which is a bit of a sodomist.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 29
arryarryarry
November 28, 2023, 3:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
I don't pay a subscription to MP I just pay the £10 for each game if I'm not at the match.

Log on through a laptop and HDMI cable to a large TV.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 29
Son of Cod
November 28, 2023, 3:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Have you tried seeing if it works with Video Lite?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/video-lite/id1598997500?see-all=reviews

Might not even support the Town website but I know you can Chromecast with it and it's supposed to be better than the YouTube app for Apple devices.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 29
Poojah
November 28, 2023, 3:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Son of Cod
Have you tried seeing if it works with Video Lite?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/video-lite/id1598997500?see-all=reviews

Might not even support the Town website but I know you can Chromecast with it and it's supposed to be better than the YouTube app for Apple devices.

I’ve tried different browsers, but not this app specifically. I’ll give it a go; still got a feeling they’re spoken something at the broadcast end to stop it from working, but it can’t hurt trying.  

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 29
LocalLadGTFC
November 28, 2023, 4:11pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
You aren't the only one Poojah, so definitely something they've done to limit it. I now do it as mentioned above, laptop with a HDMI cable into the TV
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 29
Badger57
November 28, 2023, 5:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +1,914
Gold Stars: 30
We were trying on Xbox the other day but definitely not having it.
Solution is as previously pointed out, hdmi from your laptop direct to telly.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 29
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Mariners TV - a bit of tech help needed

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.