3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Mappers
November 22, 2023, 12:54pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119
Maybe I am in the minority but I think Carwright has a far higher ceiling than Crocombe .

That's not dissing Max , as he did a decent enough job and he has done better than most probably thought he would at Burton.

But I think after the last 5 performances from Cartwright its hard to say 100% it was a mistake letting Crocombe go , would he have done any better ?

I doubt it myself ,  I suppose it's down to whether Cartwright can keep this up for 25-30 games to judge one way or another .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
LocalLadGTFC
November 22, 2023, 1:13pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,228
Gold Stars: 137
Opportunity is a fine thing isn't it, because Crocombe is the master of it. He took the chance when Macca was out the side here and Macca never found his way in.. He only found his way into the Burton side due to Blackman getting injured and now he's there number 1. The ultimate opportunist? I agree Mappers, I think Cartwright has a higher ceiling, you don't play for England in a generation of golden talent for our youth that are winning world cups and european championships if you aren't special.  I think we're starting to see a bit of arrogance coming out of Cartwright which is what every top keeper has, you saw it from Deano straight away. He believed he was better than everyone so he'd come and collect everything and had the swagger of a top talent. Harvey is coming off the back of 2 loan spells where things hadn't gone his way and then come here and found himself behind Eastwood, probably very low on match confidence. Starting to see the signs of a very very good keeper.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 28
toontown
November 22, 2023, 1:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Madeleymariner

I get a feeling Eastwood was lined up already

That was a poor decision by Hurst has to be said. I wouldn't be surprised if Eastwood doesn't even see out his contract here.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
Maringer
November 22, 2023, 2:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,562
Gold Stars: 185
One thing about Crocombe is that when he came for crosses, he managed to catch them or get a decent punch in pretty much all the time. Very important at this level when you have a lot of balls slung into the box, often hopefully.

Cartwright looks to have potential but, when all is said and done, he is still a pretty skinny kid and not nearly as dominant under the high ball or from crosses as Crocombe was. Something which he can work on in future years and he'll hopefully improve in this regard if he keeps his place in the team with us this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
Abdul19
November 22, 2023, 2:12pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,564
Gold Stars: 216
Needs to be doing some bench presses with big Steve.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
fishcake63
November 22, 2023, 5:23pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Should have been kept a fantastic keeper at this level  & proving himself at league above in an average side , was amazed when we let him go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
Mike_67
November 22, 2023, 7:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +52
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from Simon
Has he had cramp yet

That comes on when they get a 1 goal lead.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
Grim up north
November 22, 2023, 8:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +689
Gold Stars: 1
The club knew Max was away weeks before the end of the season and we weren’t going to be able keep him with a big increase in his wages, a move to a league higher and nearer to his girlfriends desired location.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
Grimal
November 22, 2023, 9:34pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,876
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Grim up north
The club knew Max was away weeks before the end of the season and we weren’t going to be able keep him with a big increase in his wages, a move to a league higher and nearer to his girlfriends desired location.

His Girlfriend not like Habrough then ?. 😉
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
Northbank Mariner
November 23, 2023, 7:22am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,495
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from Grim up north

Nothing to do with only being offered a one year deal, being told he wouldn't be number 1 then?
Crocombe thought he was worth more, and fair play to the bloke, took a risk turning us down as he had nothing lined up at the time.
He did an interview just after rejecting us, abd he openly says he was open to staying, just the deal was crap.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Max Crocombe

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.