Ruston AT
November 19, 2023, 9:59am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10

Dear Sirs/madam
                             May I make a comment Re your match commentator for the match between FGR and GTFC.

He was bloody awful, I could list plenty of poor comments but the one that amazed me was at the start of the second half. He told us that Green had been subbed for Conteh,  a couple of minutes later we had a shot  only for the commentator to tell us it was Green it was actually Holahan. Not only that , he was irritating as well.

Regards
            XXX

Logged Offline
Private Message
Theimperialcoroner
November 19, 2023, 10:02am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,211
Gold Stars: 102
Cost saving balderdash.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
chaos33
November 19, 2023, 10:14am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,930
Gold Stars: 360
He was poor, but at least that service was sustained as presumably RH had no other staffers who could do it, so……probably a bit petulant to get too cross, especially in the grand scheme of things containing other aspects to get upset about. For instance; I was irritated by the commentator for several reasons, but I was much more angry by our complete failure to put any pressure on the ball and the man with it, in midfield areas time after time yesterday, and pretty f***ing peeved by our weak and clumsy surrendering of possession that led to the second goal.
Just a bit of perspective.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
VinnyGTFC
November 19, 2023, 10:15am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -5
Approval: +124
Gold Stars: 20
Quoted from Ruston AT

Dear Sirs/madam
                             May I make a comment Re your match commentator for the match between FGR and GTFC.

He was bloody awful, I could list plenty of poor comments but the one that amazed me was at the start of the second half. He told us that Green had been subbed for Conteh,  a couple of minutes later we had a shot  only for the commentator to tell us it was Green it was actually Holahan. Not only that , he was irritating as well.

Regards
            XXX

Nothing to do with Radio Humberside, BBC cuts for radio stations means the quality some took for granted will ebb away.Get used to it.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
Hagrid
November 19, 2023, 10:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,402
Gold Stars: 534
Yeah he was excrement but we still got a service, Worse things to be annoyed about
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
lew chaterleys lover
November 19, 2023, 10:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
This happens every season on the odd occasion our regular commentary team can't make it doesn't it?

I guess the RH team sometimes have to reciprocate the favour and I don't suppose they get universal approval or get every name right. It is an irritation for sure but a forgivable one, but as commentators go he did have an odd style, but imagine if you listened to JT for the very first time you would also be perplexed!
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
It Bites
November 19, 2023, 10:38am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,163
Gold Stars: 264
Local radio is on its bottom and will disappear in the next few years . It’s a shame but life moves on .
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
sam gy
November 19, 2023, 10:48am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Assuming none of the regulars could make it for whatever reason and they had to get someone who obviously doesn’t know our team inside out. Cut him and them some slack I say.

I enjoyed Alex Rodman on co comms….knowledgable and called the game really well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
IlkleyMariner
November 19, 2023, 10:52am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from It Bites
Local radio is on its bottom and will disappear in the next few years . It’s a shame but life moves on .

Agreed, it’s not just Radio Humberside, it’s across the BBC as a whole. And it applies to other sports too.

Cricket for another sport. The BBC is driven by ticking boxes to prove they employ the target number of women, trans, gay, ethnic minorities etc.

The number of BBC people shed as part of alleged cost cuts of late is also ridiculous. Sack Lineker, Zoe Ball and other overpaid so called stars.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 26
Grantham_Mariner
November 19, 2023, 11:24am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
It was even worse if you were listening to it with video on Mariners TV. The number of times he mixed up players.

Anyway radio comentry does no work with video when they make coments like "defending goal to our left", "just in front of us", as they are sat the opposite side of the ground to the camera.

Lets hope the changes next season will improve things?

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › " Dear Radio Blunderside"

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.