3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Madeleymariner
November 14, 2023, 2:29pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
If we go for Steels before a game, always walk along the seawall and over the old bridge (why do dogs choose a step on a bridge to have a Crape, or maybe its a local) Much more enjoyable even in gale force winds (keeps you fit) than walking down Grimsby Rd which often has just as much dog muck anyway.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
Mayaman
November 14, 2023, 4:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from diehardmariner

Depends where you're coming from and where your destination is I guess.  But from a centralish point in Cleethorpes, say Wetherspoons on the High Street, to the Main Stand car park it's bang on the same distance if you go Sea Wall as it down Grimsby Road.  I only know this from the many hours of running round the streets of Clee and GY, you develop a near perfect concept for accurate distance between any two points.

I think the Sea Wall route is far more enjoyable, just very bracing in the winter!  It's once you get past Blundell Park and head through the ABP gates (if they're open) when it gets less enjoyable as the stench from the factories gets you.

Running from what or whom, I wonder?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Mayaman
November 14, 2023, 4:34pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Madeleymariner
If we go for Steels before a game, always walk along the seawall and over the old bridge (why do dogs choose a step on a bridge to have a Crape, or maybe its a local) Much more enjoyable even in gale force winds (keeps you fit) than walking down Grimsby Rd which often has just as much dog muck anyway.

Man's best friend.  They know if you tread in it, you can scrape if off on the next step up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
BradtheMiller
November 15, 2023, 5:16pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +29
Gold Stars: 6
Here's one I did earlier.....well a few seasons back from BP

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Saturdays game as a neutral

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.