Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: BradtheMiller, November 13, 2023, 5:07pm
Hi Mariners;
I vlogged this game for our Over the Bar YouTube channel & thought you'd like to see the video.
Hope you look at it & enjoy it.

please tell me what you think.
All the best;

Ian
Posted by: golfer, November 13, 2023, 5:39pm; Reply: 1
Very interesting - well done son.
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 13, 2023, 6:38pm; Reply: 2
I have been to hundreds of games over the years, and that’s the first time I’ve seen that there’s a ‘club shop’ next to the Main Stand!!
Posted by: Yoda, November 13, 2023, 6:45pm; Reply: 3
Great thanks for that Brad really enjoyed it.
Posted by: Croxton, November 13, 2023, 7:42pm; Reply: 4
Thanks for that. Not quite New York Stadium is it!
Posted by: heppy88, November 13, 2023, 7:53pm; Reply: 5
Thanks Ian enjoyed that. We all needed that win and performance! Just to mention you only saw the entrance to the fans zone, as it extends around the corner. The area has a few stalls selling food and local ale. There is often a local musician on the mini stage. Take a proper look next time you visit.
Posted by: TAGG, November 13, 2023, 7:57pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from BradtheMiller
Hi Mariners;
I vlogged this game for our Over the Bar YouTube channel & thought you'd like to see the video.
Hope you look at it & enjoy it.

please tell me what you think.
All the best;

Ian

Enjoy that mate.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, November 13, 2023, 8:04pm; Reply: 7
Very good shame you didn’t go into the fan zone and tried a pint of docks beer and you sampled papas next time go for the best STEELS
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 13, 2023, 8:55pm; Reply: 8
Good stuff that. Not sure if you went that way but if you face the sea and turn left it’s a cracking walk to the ground along the sea wall. Also Papas… Steels, Ernie Becketts or the Ocean next time. Much better.
Posted by: Heisenberg, November 13, 2023, 9:16pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Good stuff that. Not sure if you went that way but if you face the sea and turn left it’s a cracking walk to the ground along the sea wall. Also Papas… Steels, Ernie Becketts or the Ocean next time. Much better.

I’ve been going to games since 1989 and I have NEVER been along the sea wall! It’s weird how habits just stick with you without even realising.
Posted by: moosey_club, November 13, 2023, 9:21pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Heisenberg

I’ve been going to games since 1989 and I have NEVER been along the sea wall! It’s weird how habits just stick with you without even realising.

Full of dog sh1t so not worth it ....but you do get the option to cross over the hideous blot on the landscape , Cllr John Fenty Memorial footbridge at Suggits Lane should you choose.
Posted by: RonMariner, November 13, 2023, 9:43pm; Reply: 11
Really enjoyed that. A very fair presentation. Thanks fro sharing.
Posted by: Maringer, November 13, 2023, 9:43pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

I walked it once... and arrived 5 minutes late as I hadn't realised it was quite a bit further than the usual route if I walk to a game!
Posted by: DB, November 13, 2023, 10:15pm; Reply: 13
Well done Ian it was most enjoyable to watch, particularly as we won.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 13, 2023, 10:36pm; Reply: 14
Nice watch mate .
Posted by: chelseacity, November 13, 2023, 10:43pm; Reply: 15
I watched it earlier today, really enjoyed it, i think if you had maybe done a couple of minutes interviewing a few fans after the game along with your personal opinion which i believe would have made it a lot more interesting rather than just cut out at the end of the match, also a snip of your visit to papas before and after just to finish it off, other than that Ian, it was excellent & i followed you.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, November 13, 2023, 11:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Heisenberg

Lived in Tetney late 70’s Early 80’s. When the place was rammed it was a quick getaway . You used to be able to nip through the passages right up to the back of the Osmond too so a bit shorter than now.
Posted by: BradtheMiller, November 14, 2023, 3:49am; Reply: 17
Thanks for the comments guys, In all of my 50+ years as a fan I've always rated the Mariners fanbase very highly, I'm a rank amateur at this, I dont earn anything, just do it for the love of the sport. I always say I'm a football fan first & a Millers fan second, I'm too old to be tribal anyhow. If you're REALLY BORED my last two season's playlists are below.

Posted by: Spurn boy, November 14, 2023, 10:53am; Reply: 18
After videoing this game and watching us score 3 goals and get 3 points I think you should do more often. Good watch UTM
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 14, 2023, 1:35pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Maringer

I walked it once... and arrived 5 minutes late as I hadn't realised it was quite a bit further than the usual route if I walk to a game!

Depends where you're coming from and where your destination is I guess.  But from a centralish point in Cleethorpes, say Wetherspoons on the High Street, to the Main Stand car park it's bang on the same distance if you go Sea Wall as it down Grimsby Road.  I only know this from the many hours of running round the streets of Clee and GY, you develop a near perfect concept for accurate distance between any two points.

I think the Sea Wall route is far more enjoyable, just very bracing in the winter!  It's once you get past Blundell Park and head through the ABP gates (if they're open) when it gets less enjoyable as the stench from the factories gets you.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, November 14, 2023, 2:29pm; Reply: 20
If we go for Steels before a game, always walk along the seawall and over the old bridge (why do dogs choose a step on a bridge to have a Crape, or maybe its a local) Much more enjoyable even in gale force winds (keeps you fit) than walking down Grimsby Rd which often has just as much dog muck anyway.
Posted by: Mayaman, November 14, 2023, 4:31pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from diehardmariner

Depends where you're coming from and where your destination is I guess.  But from a centralish point in Cleethorpes, say Wetherspoons on the High Street, to the Main Stand car park it's bang on the same distance if you go Sea Wall as it down Grimsby Road.  I only know this from the many hours of running round the streets of Clee and GY, you develop a near perfect concept for accurate distance between any two points.

I think the Sea Wall route is far more enjoyable, just very bracing in the winter!  It's once you get past Blundell Park and head through the ABP gates (if they're open) when it gets less enjoyable as the stench from the factories gets you.

Running from what or whom, I wonder?
Posted by: Mayaman, November 14, 2023, 4:34pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Madeleymariner
If we go for Steels before a game, always walk along the seawall and over the old bridge (why do dogs choose a step on a bridge to have a Crape, or maybe its a local) Much more enjoyable even in gale force winds (keeps you fit) than walking down Grimsby Rd which often has just as much dog muck anyway.

Man's best friend.  They know if you tread in it, you can scrape if off on the next step up
Posted by: BradtheMiller, November 15, 2023, 5:16pm; Reply: 23
Here's one I did earlier.....well a few seasons back from BP

Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 12:59pm