3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Grantham_Mariner
November 12, 2023, 10:30pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Tweet 1723825806953103654 will appear here...

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
mimma
November 13, 2023, 12:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
Rose is also gets the player of the week award
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 26
livosnose
November 13, 2023, 12:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +14 / -9
Approval: +1,168
Gold Stars: 15
Best striker in the league since Wes Thomas .

[img][/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 26
It Bites
November 13, 2023, 7:25am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,168
Gold Stars: 264
Rose and green make the team tick .
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 26
mariner91
November 13, 2023, 8:19am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,651
Gold Stars: 261
Rose is a fantastic striker for this level and it's one of Hurst's major failings this year that he didn't get a system set up to get the best out of him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 26
Sandford1981
November 13, 2023, 10:55am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
I know it’s not a universally held opinion but I think Town are a much better side with Green in it and have done since he signed.
A lot of people highlight his supposed weaknesses but I prefer to see the positive effect he has on others individually and collectively as a team.
His work rate, willingness to tackle anything that moves, his fight and attitude are first class and he gives us a stronger defensive base from which to operate.
Every team (especially at this level) need that unsung hero who will do the dirty work and scrap from minute one to ninety-five.
I think he could be a positive influence on Conteh too and could unlock a more box to box type player in him.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 26
bradzmilne
November 13, 2023, 12:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,422
Gold Stars: 30
When you’ve got your back against the wall & results aren’t going your way… Green is exactly the type of player you need.

I still want to see a midfield of; Conteh, Green & Hunt at some point. On paper they compliment each other really well.

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 26
diehardmariner
November 13, 2023, 12:33pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from bradzmilne
When you’ve got your back against the wall & results aren’t going your way… Green is exactly the type of player you need.

I still want to see a midfield of; Conteh, Green & Hunt at some point. On paper they compliment each other really well.

I'm in agreement with this, or at least would like to see it tested out.  I think you've got a bit of everything in there.  I've long said I think Hunt is more effective further forward and I think Conteh is too good a footballer just to be screening the back four, I want to see him dominate teams rather than just wait for the play to come to him.

I also agree about the value Green brings to the team.  He's got limitations, as has virtually every other player at this level, but I think if you put him in the midfield it should allow you to play two others who have the freedom to be far more attacking and maybe even take more risks.  
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 26
LocalLadGTFC
November 13, 2023, 1:23pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,211
Gold Stars: 137
Biggest change was you heard voices, when your in the trenches you need leadership and clear communication. We lacked that in the first half at the back, it improved in the second half as Maher seemed to take a grip and come and attack things. Anytime the ball was within 5 yards of Greeny you could hear him screaming making sure they knew it was his ball, something we've massively missed. I personally think Green, Conteh and Gav are our best midfield 3. I don't see how you can leave Gav out anymore and I was one of those that thought he'd be moving on at the start of the season. He improves everyone around him and is a leader in the same way Stevie G was at Liverpool. Not the most vocal but he leads through his performances and the way he demands 100% from everyone.  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 26
toontown
November 13, 2023, 1:32pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Biggest change was you heard voices, when your in the trenches you need leadership and clear communication. We lacked that in the first half at the back, it improved in the second half as Maher seemed to take a grip and come and attack things. Anytime the ball was within 5 yards of Greeny you could hear him screaming making sure they knew it was his ball, something we've massively missed. I personally think Green, Conteh and Gav are our best midfield 3. I don't see how you can leave Gav out anymore and I was one of those that thought he'd be moving on at the start of the season. He improves everyone around him and is a leader in the same way Stevie G was at Liverpool. Not the most vocal but he leads through his performances and the way he demands 100% from everyone.  

I certainly agree that Gav needs to be in there. I'd try conteh further forward before Hunt too.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 26
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Green & Rose

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.