Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
November 11, 2023, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,732
Gold Stars: 237
The Morecambe manager thinks this was Grimsby's Cup final.

I know managers are under a lot of pressure and are gutted after a defeat but that is one of the daftest things I have heard any manager say anywhere ever.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 30
Chrisblor
November 11, 2023, 9:42pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,870
Gold Stars: 237
Yeah with town's poor form I was really umming and ahhing about whether to make the trip to Blundell Park earlier today. It was only when I realised M A S S I V E Morecambe were visiting that I bothered to leave the house, good one Derek you massive dipshit.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 30
forza ivano
November 11, 2023, 9:58pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,208
Gold Stars: 265
love that 3rd goal - great bit of work by Holohan, n what a ball in by Glennon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 30
Heisenberg
November 11, 2023, 10:13pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from Chrisblor
Yeah with town's poor form I was really umming and ahhing about whether to make the trip to Blundell Park earlier today. It was only when I realised M A S S I V E Morecambe were visiting that I bothered to leave the house, good one Derek you massive dipshit.

Come on, Morecambe get crowds of 6000…..well, never, actually!

Good team, Morecambe, but as a club, distinctly non-league whether they’re punching above their weight or not.

It largely means not too much, all this size of club stuff, but there is no comparison - EVERY game they play in the EFL is nosebleed territory for them.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 30
ginnywings
November 11, 2023, 10:26pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,147
Gold Stars: 548
Extended highlights.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 30
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 11, 2023, 10:27pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79

I know managers are under a lot of pressure and are gutted after a defeat but that is one of the daftest things I have heard any manager say anywhere ever.

Just listened to his interview and to be fair he was pretty honest saying we were much the better side who deserved to be ahead at half time and fully merited our victory. Think his Cup Final reference was more that this was a one off match we wanted to win for our temporary management team rather than we were up against the mighty Morecambe, well that’s how I interpreted his comments.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 30
HertsGTFC
November 11, 2023, 11:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Have to say despite Andrews & Holohan not picking up midfield runners for the opening goal Maher needs to do much better with an unchallenged defensive header that led to the goal.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 30
LocalLadGTFC
November 11, 2023, 11:27pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,229
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Have to say despite Andrews & Holohan not picking up midfield runners for the opening goal Maher needs to do much better with an unchallenged defensive header that led to the goal.

Was confused why he even came for it if i’m honest when Glennon was in the area already and left us out numbered in the middle.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 30
chaos33
November 11, 2023, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360

Absolute bell. Cup final my @rse. It was just a game we needed to win, and we did. Deluded wazzock. As if Morecambe can claim that when playing a club more than twice it’s size. Fair play to them for being in L2, but they’re punching way above their natural weight if you want to judge it by the ‘how many people are interested in you, and what have you ever achieved in football’ arbitrary metric. Sour grapes. Say you were beaten by a better team, say you’re disappointed and a bit cross; then sit down with your 139 fans and shut up.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 30
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Morecambe highlights

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.