lew chaterleys lover
November 8, 2023, 5:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from diehardmariner

It certainly is insurmountable based on how we're playing.  I think that's the point.

The table isn't lying at this stage, fully accepting there's a lot of games to play.  We're in the excrement and we need a marked improvement in our performances to stand a chance of turning it around.  

It feels a bit 2003/04 to me, albeit from a lower base position in the table.  Hopeful glances up the table thinking that's where we should be looking, when in fact we're dire and it's not going to take much to drag us down.   If memes were a thing 20 years ago it would that one with the cartoon dog  that's saying everything is fine as the room is burning down around them.

With FGR and Sutton to come in the very near future, I'm desperately hoping we can rediscover some confidence.  Starting with a performance and result on Saturday ideally!

I also don't understand why football forums will not see reality. First it is always how good the players are when signed, even though most can't ever recall seeing  them play. Then it's give it 10 games till we know what will happen. Then don't worry we are playing rubbish but we will turn it round when xyz happens. Then it's keep the manager even though he shows no sign of turning it round and now a refusal to accept we are in a relegation fight.

We have won 3 games in 21. We might see an upturn in fortunes but every team in the bottom half will also be straining every sinew to keep out of trouble.

None of us know what will happen but I've seen many relegation seasons when it looked very improbable at the start. I hope we get a new manager in next week to give him as much time as possible.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › League Two tonight

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.