November 8, 2023, 9:22am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
I would be flabbergasted if Swindon don’t win comfortably

I am well and truly gasted. How can they win 3-1 with only two shots on target?

Maybe if we keep the ball and pass sideways just outside the Morecambe penalty area, one of their defenders will hoof in an own goal to let us win 1-0 with no shots on target?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 30
mariner91
November 8, 2023, 9:40am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,658
Gold Stars: 262

Maybe if we keep the ball and pass sideways just outside the Morecambe penalty area, one of their defenders will hoof in an own goal to let us win 1-0 with no shots on target?

We'd have to get close to it first.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 30
LocalLadGTFC
November 8, 2023, 10:06am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.37
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,223
Gold Stars: 137

Colchester did that for us and we still lost  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 22 - 30
TheRealJohnLewis
November 8, 2023, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
I love the way the 4 points gap above us is insurmountable but the 4 points below us to the relegation spots is a foregone conclusion!
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 30
arryarryarry
November 8, 2023, 1:40pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis
I love the way the 4 points gap above us is insurmountable but the 4 points below us to the relegation spots is a foregone conclusion!

Did you say similar when Paul Hurst took over in January 2021.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 30
diehardmariner
November 8, 2023, 3:18pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539

It certainly is insurmountable based on how we're playing.  I think that's the point.

The table isn't lying at this stage, fully accepting there's a lot of games to play.  We're in the excrement and we need a marked improvement in our performances to stand a chance of turning it around.  

It feels a bit 2003/04 to me, albeit from a lower base position in the table.  Hopeful glances up the table thinking that's where we should be looking, when in fact we're dire and it's not going to take much to drag us down.   If memes were a thing 20 years ago it would that one with the cartoon dog  that's saying everything is fine as the room is burning down around them.

With FGR and Sutton to come in the very near future, I'm desperately hoping we can rediscover some confidence.  Starting with a performance and result on Saturday ideally!
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 30
GrimPol
November 8, 2023, 3:31pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -674
Gold Stars: 69

Our next game is against Morecambe, and who on this forum would put their mortgage on us winning? I don't know what result I wish for from Forest GF and Tranmere. We are a 1/3 of the way into a season and now in the land of hoping that certain results go our way, and we are not in control. Yet people on this forum still don't get it, never have and never will. We are in deep poo
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 30
White_shorts
November 8, 2023, 3:52pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Maringer
'Bleak'? Over-egging it a bit, with two thirds of the season remaining? A couple of wins in a row would probably be enough to close up to mid-table. Not saying a couple of wins are necessarily going to materialise immediately, but we're a long way away from the outlook being bleak yet. Sutton only managed one win in their first 11 games, yet are still in touch with the clubs above, which unfortunately includes us at the moment.

Poojah over-egging? Never!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 30
White_shorts
November 8, 2023, 4:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -647
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Poojah
Just the one game, Colchester v Swindon. A Colchester win would mean there’s a 4 point gap between us and Newport who would drop to 20th place, with Forest Green below us having a game in hand. Still early days, but a Colchester win makes the complexion of the bottom end of the table look rather bleak from our perspective.

It doesn't matter to me that Colchester won.  All I'm concerned about now are the teams below us.  If we beat FGR and Sutton, I'll sleep a little easier.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 30
Poojah
November 8, 2023, 4:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,580
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from White_shorts

Poojah over-egging? Never!

Ouch! Gonna need some cream for those burns.

Anyway, I’ve read this whole thread from start to finish and there’s no reference to Freeman Street or a new stadium, nor has the thread been dormant for a good three months. What are you even doing here!?

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 30
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › League Two tonight

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.