Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst statement (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Paul Hurst statement (merged)

This thread currently has 5,562 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 6, 2023, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,433
Gold Stars: 536
https://www.leaguemanagers.com/latest-news/paul-hurst-statement

Nothing but admiration for him, classy till the end

Always welcome back here Paul
Logged Online
Private Message
BenBB
November 6, 2023, 5:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
https://www.leaguemanagers.com/latest-news/paul-hurst-statement

Quoted Text

Paul Hurst Statement
STATEMENT RELEASED ON BEHALF OF PAUL HURST:

"It is with deep sadness that I write this after leaving Grimsby Town Football Club. The club has been a big part of my life, as I have spent almost eight and a half years there over two spells.

"People often say that you shouldn’t go back in life but I’m glad I ignored that! Since re-joining the club at the beginning of 2020, it has been mainly a successful time. There has been many highlights and I feel very privileged to have been part of those. It is difficult to enjoy them fully when you are in the job but I am now able to reflect and look back at some incredible moments. On returning to the club I spoke about creating more memories and we certainly did that.

"The play-off campaign which culminated in promotion back to the Football League was the most extraordinary set of games I have ever been involved in. I am not sure many people will ever experience such a dramatic run of games.

"Our first season back in the EFL saw us achieve our best league position in 17 years, finishing in 11th place, this is something I am very proud of. However, that paled into insignificance with our history making FA Cup run. Reaching the quarter-finals of arguably the biggest cup competition in the World was an outstanding achievement from the players. We became only the sixth fourth tier club to reach that stage and the first team in history to beat five teams from higher divisions along the way.

"Those experiences were fantastic but were only made special by sharing them with a number of people, who I would like to thank.

"Firstly, a big thank you to the owners Jason and Andrew. Along with Chief Executive, Debbie Cook, they have given me great support during my tenure and I am thankful for the faith they put in me. As Grimsby Town fans, they have the best interests of the club at heart and will continue to improve it.

"Secondly, I would like to thank the staff, both football and club, that have made the experience both successful and enjoyable. I have to give special mention and thanks to Dave Moore, Steve Croudson, Ben Davies, Shaun Pearson, Greg Howard, Joe Hutchinson, Ben Mortlock, Ollie Howard and Mason Cook for all their hard work, providing much laughter along the way. There are so many other good people at the club and I will miss them.

"To the players, I hope you prove me right and show people that you are a talented squad. I am sure you will climb the table and bring happiness to those that follow you. Also, a special mention to all the players that I have worked with during my time at GTFC. It was a pleasure to be your manager and get to know you all.

"Thank you to the fans who are the constant and make the club what it is. I know how much the club means to its supporters and they make the highs more enjoyable. When I first came back it was during COVID times and playing games with no fans was not an enjoyable experience. I have received some very nice messages from fans which I am very grateful for. We have had some great times together and have memories which will last a lifetime.

"Last but not least, a massive thank you to my assistant Chris Doig. I couldn’t ask for a more dedicated person and he has played a big part in the success we have all enjoyed.

"Now for me it is a time for reflection and to see what the future holds. I am sad to leave but also extremely proud of my time at GTFC. With the help of many of the people I have mentioned, the club has significantly improved since I returned, and I am sure it will continue to do so.

"I will always call myself a Mariner and I wish the club every success in the future. I am sure there will be exciting times ahead. Up The Mariners!"

Whatever your opinion, classy statement. All the best Paul.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 57
Poojah
November 6, 2023, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,610
Gold Stars: 1,503
Echo those thoughts. Nice statement that he didn’t have to make. Always welcome back as you say, and I’m sure we’ll see him again at BP one day (though not necessarily in the home dugout).

Wish the bloke all the best. Created memories that I’ll take with me to my cold, cold grave.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 6, 2023, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
I know there’s a certain band of supporters that never warmed to PH but, he has given the club far many more highs than some clubs will ever experience.

I hope it works out for him, and CD, in their next venture into football management.

Thankyou

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
headingly_mariner
November 6, 2023, 5:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,381
Gold Stars: 119
What a thoroughly decent bloke. Not an ounce of bitterness. Sure he'll get another job soon.

I will always remember him fondly for making us a professional outfit again. Gutted it didn't work out for him and us this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
DB
November 6, 2023, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,031
Gold Stars: 390
Written by a true gentleman. Where ever he goes I wish him success and believe Grimsby Town will always be close to him.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
Blundellite
November 6, 2023, 5:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Very good statement 👏👏👏👏👏
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
grimsby pete
November 6, 2023, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Thank you paul that was very  generous of you. I wish you all the best and like many feel sorry it did  not work out for you.we see you soon i am sure you can not keep a good man down .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
grimsby pete
November 6, 2023, 5:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from grimsby pete
Thank you paul that was very  generous of you. I wish you all the best and like many feel sorry it did  not work out for you.we will see you soon i am sure you can not keep a good man down .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
Mariner John
November 6, 2023, 5:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
Paul Hurst Statement
STATEMENT RELEASED ON BEHALF OF PAUL HURST:

"It is with deep sadness that I write this after leaving Grimsby Town Football Club. The club has been a big part of my life, as I have spent almost eight and a half years there over two spells.

"People often say that you shouldn’t go back in life but I’m glad I ignored that! Since re-joining the club at the beginning of 2020, it has been mainly a successful time. There has been many highlights and I feel very privileged to have been part of those. It is difficult to enjoy them fully when you are in the job but I am now able to reflect and look back at some incredible moments. On returning to the club I spoke about creating more memories and we certainly did that.

"The play-off campaign which culminated in promotion back to the Football League was the most extraordinary set of games I have ever been involved in. I am not sure many people will ever experience such a dramatic run of games.

"Our first season back in the EFL saw us achieve our best league position in 17 years, finishing in 11th place, this is something I am very proud of. However, that paled into insignificance with our history making FA Cup run. Reaching the quarter-finals of arguably the biggest cup competition in the World was an outstanding achievement from the players. We became only the sixth fourth tier club to reach that stage and the first team in history to beat five teams from higher divisions along the way.

"Those experiences were fantastic but were only made special by sharing them with a number of people, who I would like to thank.

"Firstly, a big thank you to the owners Jason and Andrew. Along with Chief Executive, Debbie Cook, they have given me great support during my tenure and I am thankful for the faith they put in me. As Grimsby Town fans, they have the best interests of the club at heart and will continue to improve it.

"Secondly, I would like to thank the staff, both football and club, that have made the experience both successful and enjoyable. I have to give special mention and thanks to Dave Moore, Steve Croudson, Ben Davies, Shaun Pearson, Greg Howard, Joe Hutchinson, Ben Mortlock, Ollie Howard and Mason Cook for all their hard work, providing much laughter along the way. There are so many other good people at the club and I will miss them.

"To the players, I hope you prove me right and show people that you are a talented squad. I am sure you will climb the table and bring happiness to those that follow you. Also, a special mention to all the players that I have worked with during my time at GTFC. It was a pleasure to be your manager and get to know you all.

"Thank you to the fans who are the constant and make the club what it is. I know how much the club means to its supporters and they make the highs more enjoyable. When I first came back it was during COVID times and playing games with no fans was not an enjoyable experience. I have received some very nice messages from fans which I am very grateful for. We have had some great times together and have memories which will last a lifetime.

"Last but not least, a massive thank you to my assistant Chris Doig. I couldn’t ask for a more dedicated person and he has played a big part in the success we have all enjoyed.

"Now for me it is a time for reflection and to see what the future holds. I am sad to leave but also extremely proud of my time at GTFC. With the help of many of the people I have mentioned, the club has significantly improved since I returned, and I am sure it will continue to do so.

"I will always call myself a Mariner and I wish the club every success in the future. I am sure there will be exciting times ahead. Up The Mariners!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst statement (merged)

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.