Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst statement (merged)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Paul Hurst statement (merged)

This thread currently has 5,554 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 6, 2023, 5:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,411
Gold Stars: 534
https://www.leaguemanagers.com/latest-news/paul-hurst-statement

Nothing but admiration for him, classy till the end

Always welcome back here Paul
Logged Online
Private Message
BenBB
November 6, 2023, 5:14pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 30
https://www.leaguemanagers.com/latest-news/paul-hurst-statement

Quoted Text

Paul Hurst Statement
STATEMENT RELEASED ON BEHALF OF PAUL HURST:

"It is with deep sadness that I write this after leaving Grimsby Town Football Club. The club has been a big part of my life, as I have spent almost eight and a half years there over two spells.

"People often say that you shouldn’t go back in life but I’m glad I ignored that! Since re-joining the club at the beginning of 2020, it has been mainly a successful time. There has been many highlights and I feel very privileged to have been part of those. It is difficult to enjoy them fully when you are in the job but I am now able to reflect and look back at some incredible moments. On returning to the club I spoke about creating more memories and we certainly did that.

"The play-off campaign which culminated in promotion back to the Football League was the most extraordinary set of games I have ever been involved in. I am not sure many people will ever experience such a dramatic run of games.

"Our first season back in the EFL saw us achieve our best league position in 17 years, finishing in 11th place, this is something I am very proud of. However, that paled into insignificance with our history making FA Cup run. Reaching the quarter-finals of arguably the biggest cup competition in the World was an outstanding achievement from the players. We became only the sixth fourth tier club to reach that stage and the first team in history to beat five teams from higher divisions along the way.

"Those experiences were fantastic but were only made special by sharing them with a number of people, who I would like to thank.

"Firstly, a big thank you to the owners Jason and Andrew. Along with Chief Executive, Debbie Cook, they have given me great support during my tenure and I am thankful for the faith they put in me. As Grimsby Town fans, they have the best interests of the club at heart and will continue to improve it.

"Secondly, I would like to thank the staff, both football and club, that have made the experience both successful and enjoyable. I have to give special mention and thanks to Dave Moore, Steve Croudson, Ben Davies, Shaun Pearson, Greg Howard, Joe Hutchinson, Ben Mortlock, Ollie Howard and Mason Cook for all their hard work, providing much laughter along the way. There are so many other good people at the club and I will miss them.

"To the players, I hope you prove me right and show people that you are a talented squad. I am sure you will climb the table and bring happiness to those that follow you. Also, a special mention to all the players that I have worked with during my time at GTFC. It was a pleasure to be your manager and get to know you all.

"Thank you to the fans who are the constant and make the club what it is. I know how much the club means to its supporters and they make the highs more enjoyable. When I first came back it was during COVID times and playing games with no fans was not an enjoyable experience. I have received some very nice messages from fans which I am very grateful for. We have had some great times together and have memories which will last a lifetime.

"Last but not least, a massive thank you to my assistant Chris Doig. I couldn’t ask for a more dedicated person and he has played a big part in the success we have all enjoyed.

"Now for me it is a time for reflection and to see what the future holds. I am sad to leave but also extremely proud of my time at GTFC. With the help of many of the people I have mentioned, the club has significantly improved since I returned, and I am sure it will continue to do so.

"I will always call myself a Mariner and I wish the club every success in the future. I am sure there will be exciting times ahead. Up The Mariners!"

Whatever your opinion, classy statement. All the best Paul.

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 57
Poojah
November 6, 2023, 5:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,540
Gold Stars: 1,500
Echo those thoughts. Nice statement that he didn’t have to make. Always welcome back as you say, and I’m sure we’ll see him again at BP one day (though not necessarily in the home dugout).

Wish the bloke all the best. Created memories that I’ll take with me to my cold, cold grave.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 57
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 6, 2023, 5:22pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,835
Gold Stars: 178
I know there’s a certain band of supporters that never warmed to PH but, he has given the club far many more highs than some clubs will ever experience.

I hope it works out for him, and CD, in their next venture into football management.

Thankyou

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 57
headingly_mariner
November 6, 2023, 5:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
What a thoroughly decent bloke. Not an ounce of bitterness. Sure he'll get another job soon.

I will always remember him fondly for making us a professional outfit again. Gutted it didn't work out for him and us this season.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 57
DB
November 6, 2023, 5:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,019
Gold Stars: 386
Written by a true gentleman. Where ever he goes I wish him success and believe Grimsby Town will always be close to him.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 57
Blundellite
November 6, 2023, 5:30pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Very good statement 👏👏👏👏👏
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 57
grimsby pete
November 6, 2023, 5:30pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Thank you paul that was very  generous of you. I wish you all the best and like many feel sorry it did  not work out for you.we see you soon i am sure you can not keep a good man down .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 57
grimsby pete
November 6, 2023, 5:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from grimsby pete
Thank you paul that was very  generous of you. I wish you all the best and like many feel sorry it did  not work out for you.we will see you soon i am sure you can not keep a good man down .

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 57
Mariner John
November 6, 2023, 5:32pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +629
Gold Stars: 51
Paul Hurst Statement
STATEMENT RELEASED ON BEHALF OF PAUL HURST:

"It is with deep sadness that I write this after leaving Grimsby Town Football Club. The club has been a big part of my life, as I have spent almost eight and a half years there over two spells.

"People often say that you shouldn’t go back in life but I’m glad I ignored that! Since re-joining the club at the beginning of 2020, it has been mainly a successful time. There has been many highlights and I feel very privileged to have been part of those. It is difficult to enjoy them fully when you are in the job but I am now able to reflect and look back at some incredible moments. On returning to the club I spoke about creating more memories and we certainly did that.

"The play-off campaign which culminated in promotion back to the Football League was the most extraordinary set of games I have ever been involved in. I am not sure many people will ever experience such a dramatic run of games.

"Our first season back in the EFL saw us achieve our best league position in 17 years, finishing in 11th place, this is something I am very proud of. However, that paled into insignificance with our history making FA Cup run. Reaching the quarter-finals of arguably the biggest cup competition in the World was an outstanding achievement from the players. We became only the sixth fourth tier club to reach that stage and the first team in history to beat five teams from higher divisions along the way.

"Those experiences were fantastic but were only made special by sharing them with a number of people, who I would like to thank.

"Firstly, a big thank you to the owners Jason and Andrew. Along with Chief Executive, Debbie Cook, they have given me great support during my tenure and I am thankful for the faith they put in me. As Grimsby Town fans, they have the best interests of the club at heart and will continue to improve it.

"Secondly, I would like to thank the staff, both football and club, that have made the experience both successful and enjoyable. I have to give special mention and thanks to Dave Moore, Steve Croudson, Ben Davies, Shaun Pearson, Greg Howard, Joe Hutchinson, Ben Mortlock, Ollie Howard and Mason Cook for all their hard work, providing much laughter along the way. There are so many other good people at the club and I will miss them.

"To the players, I hope you prove me right and show people that you are a talented squad. I am sure you will climb the table and bring happiness to those that follow you. Also, a special mention to all the players that I have worked with during my time at GTFC. It was a pleasure to be your manager and get to know you all.

"Thank you to the fans who are the constant and make the club what it is. I know how much the club means to its supporters and they make the highs more enjoyable. When I first came back it was during COVID times and playing games with no fans was not an enjoyable experience. I have received some very nice messages from fans which I am very grateful for. We have had some great times together and have memories which will last a lifetime.

"Last but not least, a massive thank you to my assistant Chris Doig. I couldn’t ask for a more dedicated person and he has played a big part in the success we have all enjoyed.

"Now for me it is a time for reflection and to see what the future holds. I am sad to leave but also extremely proud of my time at GTFC. With the help of many of the people I have mentioned, the club has significantly improved since I returned, and I am sure it will continue to do so.

"I will always call myself a Mariner and I wish the club every success in the future. I am sure there will be exciting times ahead. Up The Mariners!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 57
crusty ole pie
November 6, 2023, 5:32pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,328
Gold Stars: 66
Brilliant statement from a class bloke such a shame things did not work out this year ultimately he seemed not too sure what the best team was and the constant swapping of the team either bu choice or injury lead to failure . I am sure he will bounce back again and prove his worth elsewhere
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 57
ginnywings
November 6, 2023, 5:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,132
Gold Stars: 548
Classy until the end.

Such a shame he couldn't get us going this season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 57
It Bites
November 6, 2023, 5:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,170
Gold Stars: 264
Wow , in this day where loyalty in football is as rare as hens teeth , that is a moving and incredible humbling statement.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 57
Yoda
November 6, 2023, 5:40pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
It’s a shame he just couldn’t change his defensive mindset and take the handbrake off and go for it in games.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 57
forza ivano
November 6, 2023, 5:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,179
Gold Stars: 265
i can only echo the sentiments already expressed. Good luck in the future PH, those play off and FA Cup campaigns have gone down in history
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 57
Ruston AT
November 6, 2023, 5:58pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +431
Gold Stars: 10

Wow , what a guy. Thanks Paul , great times.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 57
toontown
November 6, 2023, 6:04pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah, what a classy guy, the sort of sentiments in a statement you usually get from a player who has been sold on to a higher club, not from a manager who has just been sacked.

It's been a really disappointing season but those memories from the previous two will truly last a lifetime. Thanks Hursty.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 57
Simon
November 6, 2023, 6:06pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
Classy statement, he clearly enjoyed his time here just a shame he was so stuck in his ways. He became so obsessed with not losing and being all defensive the polar opposite happened we ended up leaking goals for fun

In one off must win games like the FA Cup last year & the National League playoff games the season before we were unstoppable, the level of opposition was irrelevant we played on the front foot and took the game to them and just swept sides aside so why so defensive in the league

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 57
Grantham_Mariner
November 6, 2023, 6:07pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,185
Gold Stars: 51
Can't wait for Paul Hurst III

Thanks Paul

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 57
fishcake63
November 6, 2023, 6:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Hoping he gets back in shortly a thoroughly decent chap with not an ounce of malice towards anybody at the club , thanks for some of my best memories watching town paul
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 57
November 6, 2023, 6:09pm
Guest User
Quoted from Yoda
It’s a shame he just couldn’t change his defensive mindset and take the handbrake off and go for it in games.

He's gone and this thread is about his statement which is quite touching and very heartfelt.

Yet you still think it's ok to post something negative without any positives.
Reading through your previous posts it doesn't surprise me but in future try thinking before you type.
Reply: 20 - 57
Simon
November 6, 2023, 6:10pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Yoda

Why red cross this, some proper sad feckers on this board

I agree with you, i don't understand why he didn't just go for it and set up up to really get at the opposition especially at home  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 57
November 6, 2023, 6:11pm
Guest User
Quoted from Simon

Why red cross this, some proper sad feckers on this board

Because there's a time and a place and this isn't either to be sticking the boot in.
Reply: 22 - 57
Simon
November 6, 2023, 6:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 141269

Because there's a time and a place and this isn't either to be sticking the boot in.

Go back and read his post, where was he sticking the boot in all he said was its a shame he didn't let the handbrake off and play a little more open which i agree with or are we no longer allowed an opinion

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 57
lew chaterleys lover
November 6, 2023, 6:17pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,712
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from Yoda

It is a great shame I agree. I can't understand why together the coaching team and manager couldn't understand that playing a lone striker especially at home would not be met with universal approval.

If it worked, with runners getting close to the one striker then great but we never looked comfortable playing that way. Had he gone more attacking he might still be our manager but alas it is all water under the bridge.
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 57
davmariner
November 6, 2023, 6:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,931
Gold Stars: 79
A thoroughly decent man who has given us so many happy moments over the years. Wish him and his family well, and look forwarding to seeing what’s next for him.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 57
November 6, 2023, 6:38pm
Guest User
Quoted from Simon

Go back and read his post, where was he sticking the boot in all he said was its a shame he didn't let the handbrake off and play a little more open which i agree with or are we no longer allowed an opinion

Does it really need saying on a thread discussing Paul's parting statement?
No.
Now go and read all the other posts by Yoda.
Reply: 26 - 57
Simon
November 6, 2023, 6:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from 141269

Does it really need saying on a thread discussing Paul's parting statement?
No.
Now go and read all the other posts by Yoda.

Go stick your head in the oven

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 57
November 6, 2023, 6:45pm
Guest User
Quoted from Simon

Go stick your head in the oven

^^Yoda Mk 2

Reply: 28 - 57
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 6, 2023, 6:48pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +844
Gold Stars: 117
Doigy released a statement too.

"grunt grunt wotchasen' al feckin nutya"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 57
Cambs Mariner
November 6, 2023, 6:48pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +1,233
Yoda and Simon are the same person. Simon often responds to Yoda's posts.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 57
lukeo
November 6, 2023, 6:49pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Classy bloke, always came across well. Very well put statement and I wish him all the best in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 57
November 6, 2023, 6:49pm
Guest User
A good manager and a thoroughly decent man.  Many thanks for the memories you gave us Paul, I wish you good luck in your future endeavours', you will never be forgotten at GTFC.  UTM!
Reply: 32 - 57
Ashby mariner
November 6, 2023, 7:05pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 8
Very well written statement. Hope he gets a good job somewhere. I'm still gutted it never worked out this season. He created the best memories I can remember in his time here. Thanks Paul.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 57
Simon
November 6, 2023, 7:14pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Cambs Mariner
Yoda and Simon are the same person. Simon often responds to Yoda's posts.

Threads going off on a tangent here but can you show examples where i have "often" responded to Yoda, who for the record i have no idea who it is

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 57
Yoda
November 6, 2023, 7:22pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
Lol me and Simon are not the same person.
In future i’ll pm the voice of reason all my posts just to make sure he agrees with them then if he gives me the green light i’ll post them.

Some members on here are like the East German thought police.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 57
Simon
November 6, 2023, 7:25pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from Yoda
Lol me and Simon are not the same person.
In future i’ll pm the voice of reason all my posts just to make sure he agrees with them then if he gives me the green light i’ll post them.

Some members on here are like the East German thought police.

I nearly replied to this post but thought better of it  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 57
GrimRob
November 6, 2023, 7:30pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Top bloke. He lasted longer than 95% of other managers across the industry.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 37 - 57
Withnail
November 6, 2023, 7:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 36
Good on you Hursty. Classy. Best of luck with whatever the future holds.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 57
Mappers
November 6, 2023, 7:39pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
He has closed the chapter himself , probably quicker than him and most of us thought .

I think he himself liked everything about the club and fans as it's an institution similiar to all the values he holds dear .

It's probably a rare thing that a fanbase sticks with a manager so long after such a terrible run and the board gave him every chance .

Good luck Paul , you will be in the novel position of leaving a club with the majority wishing you do well in whatever the future holds .

Thank you for the memories .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 57
HertsGTFC
November 6, 2023, 7:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,934
Gold Stars: 228
A class act that won't be out of work long.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 57
ancientmariner54
November 6, 2023, 7:50pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: -185
Gold Stars: 13
Top man , shame he's not still here.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 57
kevikov
November 6, 2023, 8:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Fair play to PH for that statement. Promotion, highest finish in how long and quarter finals of the fa cup in a little over two years. Shame this season went pear shaped but leaves with a decent return and best wishes.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 57
heppy88
November 6, 2023, 8:07pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +3,079
Gold Stars: 40
Even though I was relieved when he left (On both occasions), I guess that statement reflects the kind of guy he is personally (although I'll never truly know). I think we all saw a different Paul Hurst this time around, a man that was definitely more reflective, considered and who appeared to make more of an effort with "us" supporters. He appears to have integrity and honesty. Seeing him at the last fans forum, I was positively surprised with his candour and dry sense of humour. I think a few warmed to him that evening.

Although personally I believed his tenure had run its course, there is no doubting his successes with two promotions (Including that run of games) and the FA cup run. The camaraderie we felt towards the 2016 winning team, after the bitter defeat by Bristol Rovers the year before, was special and was undoubtedly fostered by Hurst's management style. On reflection, I feel sad that Hurst had to leave after witnessing much of the vitriol towards him after the Doncaster game. Spending so much time applauding the supporters, I guess he new his time was up.

I'm sure as the dust settles and the weeks and months pass, even the most ardent "Hurst Out" supporter will celebrate the fact he has been one of our most successful managers and you could argue he did it both times in difficult circumstances, in the National league and the constraints that brings. I genuinely wish him all the best and hope he can find success, elsewhere, in the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 57
AncientExiledMariner
November 6, 2023, 8:15pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +516
Gold Stars: 59
He's a fundamentally decent person and I wish him well.

I'm still trying to figure out where it's all gone wrong this season. I understand the decision to change, but I also think this won't be a silver bullet and they're going to have the same problems Hurst had. I think some will need transfer activity (new CB, CM, LB as a minimum).

I have a feeling Hurst will find a job before long and turn a club around. He'll no doubt have learnt some lessons from this bizarre season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 57
forza ivano
November 6, 2023, 8:15pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,179
Gold Stars: 265
mods please merge
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 57
chaos33
November 6, 2023, 8:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Classy statement. Really sad it came to this.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 57
Teestogreen
November 6, 2023, 8:59pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Hopefully, he will be in the short list for the job (best profile, credentials and experience) - UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 57
bradzmilne
November 6, 2023, 9:15pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +40 / -7
Approval: +1,421
Gold Stars: 30
What a gent.

After x2 promotions & an FA Cup Quarter Final, he should never buy a drink in Cleethorpes again.

… As a tight Yorkie, he’ll appreciate that more than we’ll ever know  

Sleep well Icey, Matty and Richard. Keep each other company up there xx

4 Relegations in 18 Years - John Fenty’s legacy.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 57
Rick12
November 6, 2023, 9:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good on you Paul. Nothing lasts forever.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 57
November 6, 2023, 10:10pm
Guest User
Dunno what to say. I’m at odds with most. I think this has been a disaster. I wish I knew wtf went on after Bradford.
Reply: 50 - 57
Garth
November 6, 2023, 10:43pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
It needed changing, but sorry to see him go, first class guy
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 57
The_Laughing_Mariner
November 6, 2023, 11:32pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.47
Rep Score: +17 / -5
Approval: +1,041
Not read the full thread, but wow, absolute class

<'(((((<

When I was a little boy
I asked my daddy what would i be
would I be United, would i be Leeds
Here's what he said to me

Oh Grimsby Grimsby
Whatever will be will be
You'll follow then faithfully
Oh Grimsby Grimsby

Tell me Mam me Mam
I dont want no tea no tea
I'm watching the Grimsby
Tell me Mam me mam
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 57
out of town
November 6, 2023, 11:39pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.40
Rep Score: +0 / -2
Approval: +717
Class statement from a great bloke

It’s a shame it hasn’t worked this season but Paul gave us all memories that will last a lifetime and supporters of a lot of other teams will never experience.

Wish him all the best in the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 57
RonMariner
November 6, 2023, 11:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,693
Gold Stars: 226
A great statement from a classy guy.

He has given us all some of our most memorable experiences ever, both in 2016 and in the last two seasons. The play off campaign is simply unforgettable. The cup run magical.

Good luck and all the best Paul. Hope it works out for you in your next job.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 57
Limerick Mariner
November 7, 2023, 12:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from RonMariner
A great statement from a classy guy.

He has given us all some of our most memorable experiences ever, both in 2016 and in the last two seasons. The play off campaign is simply unforgettable. The cup run magical.

Good luck and all the best Paul. Hope it works out for you in your next job.

Yep echo all of that. The run in knockout football from the play offs QF to Brighton was incredible, beaten only by them and Forest, and all were higher league positions / status (maybe not Crewe). Think he’s another promotion from NL in him, (hopefully not Scunny).

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 57
GibMariner
November 8, 2023, 4:26am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from HertsGTFC
A class act that won't be out of work long.

What makes to think that.

He’s on full money. Garden leave unless he agrees a settlement, and there’s no incentive to do that without a very good wage offer elsewhere.

He didn’t mention all the money gone which I spent so don’t worry you great fans I’ll sit it out with no money because with these great achievements I will soon be in a high paid job.

Simple!!! His Stock is not that great if you do the stats. We can blow smoke up his proverbial all we like, but the probability that we will be paying him for some time to come.

Still I think he knew the problem and would have fixed it in the window, but hey Ho, that’s football you can’t go on a run like that and survive and it’s not his first bad run.

Private Message
Reply: 56 - 57
GibMariner
November 8, 2023, 4:31am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21

Private Message
Reply: 57 - 57
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Paul Hurst statement (merged)

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.