4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
October 30, 2023, 6:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Standing still is effectively going backwards so i always hope/ expect to move forward....however never really believed under Hurst that we would move forward that much...obviously hoped we would with the benefit of a full pre season, seemingly bigger budget and getting targeted players in early....  but there was enough on view last season to show some of his fundamentals just get in the way of really pushing forward.

That is now history , what i want now is entertaining whilst achieving League Two status comfortably....obviously i would take the latter over the former if i couldnt have both but something to get me out my seat , to make me feel happy and looking forward to the game as a spectacle.

An organised , structured team , style of play that is less entertaining but effective in achieving the status would also do....as long as i know when i turn up i dont have to wonder just what the hell we are doing from one minute to the next.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
toontown
October 30, 2023, 7:19pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
My expectation for thisb season was we would be challenging for the playoffs even if we couldn't actually finish in them, basically still being in the fight till the end of the season.

Now my hope is we can finish top half, I'd take that, and we pull away from another flippin relegation battle!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
Zmariner
October 30, 2023, 9:20pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
Happy to stay up as we look like a relegation team, at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
lukeo
October 31, 2023, 5:46am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,375
Gold Stars: 148
Mid table. Anything between 9th and 14th.
I'd love another fa cup run, don't expect the same because that was a 1 in a 100. But if we can drag ourselves through round 1 and 2 who knows what could happen. Man utd away round 3 would be a great opportunity to progress to round 4  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
dapperz fun pub
October 31, 2023, 6:37am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,956
Gold Stars: 82
3rd from bottom, something clearly went wrong behind the scenes
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
rancido
October 31, 2023, 8:57am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,572
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from buckstown
I expect a new coach/manager to identify a way of playing, then identify the best line up and get them doing simple things well
If that happens the people we signed in the summer will start delivering their potential
This season has probably gone but there’s two thirds of it left.

I don't think this season has gone.  I'm sure there are many examples of other teams being in a similar league position at this stage of the season and then finishing in the play-offs. Then again my glass is always half full, never half empty. Whoever comes in, if he has anything about him , he will " burn the midnight oil" looking at the recordings of this season's games to identify why we have declined so quickly.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
Swansea_Mariner
October 31, 2023, 9:05am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,455
Gold Stars: 63
No way can you write off a season in October. Let's get a new Manager/Head Coach/DOF and put the wheels back on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Expectations

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.