Private Message
chaos33
October 28, 2023, 8:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I must say, and I really like Jason, but this is mostly word salad and not particularly cogent. I think it’s because he wanted to be respectful to Paul, which I completely get, and also, that’s quite a high-pressure, emotionally charged interview, but it is, if we’re honest, characterised by contradictions, masking, and a sort of vaguely expressed part acknowledgement of facts, complicated by loyalties and emotions. I really do get why, but it doesn’t make that much empirical sense.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Spurn boy
October 28, 2023, 8:55pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from chaos33
I must say, and I really like Jason, but this is mostly word salad and not particularly cogent. I think it’s because he wanted to be respectful to Paul, which I completely get, and also, that’s quite a high-pressure, emotionally charged interview, but it is, if we’re honest, characterised by contradictions, masking, and a sort of vaguely expressed part acknowledgement of facts, complicated by loyalties and emotions. I really do get why, but it doesn’t make that much empirical sense.

Jason Stockwood has to deliver a statement that not only informs us he has sacked our manager but also pays respect to PH for what he has achieved, it was not easy and it was probably something he was hoping he would never have to do. His statement was delivered shortly after the game had ended so probably didn’t have a lot of time to prepare so I think he could be forgiven if his interview was not up to the standards some expected.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
moosey_club
October 28, 2023, 9:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from chaos33

A bit like your post......you are Jason Stockwood and I claim my prize !!!!

It's an interview literally 15 mins after he has sacked what must feel like a member of his family.
The main points were made very clear,  the manager had been talking about rub of the green,  performances are good but not getting results but in reality ...we are flirting with relegation and the table (biggest data indicator) doesn't lie....Jason said about not waiting for luck to change but effecting it.....anything after that pretty much irrelevant.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
ska face
October 28, 2023, 9:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from chaos33

Seemed fine to me? Not sure what the contradictions were that you’ve mentioned - said the underlying performances haven’t been bad but there’s something that the data isn’t telling us, as you can see from the results, and you can’t just sit around hoping for your luck to change (which seemed to be Hurst’s approach).
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Croxton
October 28, 2023, 9:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Spared the Doig hairdryer perhaps but gets double lawnmower instead!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
chaos33
October 28, 2023, 9:24pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from ska face

Seemed fine to me? Not sure what the contradictions were that you’ve mentioned - said the underlying performances haven’t been bad but there’s something that the data isn’t telling us, as you can see from the results, and you can’t just sit around hoping for your luck to change (which seemed to be Hurst’s approach).

Ok. I can accept that. Maybe it’s just how I’m hearing it. I’m maybe not perceiving or interpreting it clearly.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
99agrant
October 28, 2023, 9:27pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +128
Gold Stars: 4
I can’t hear much because of the lawnmowers!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
RonMariner
October 28, 2023, 11:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,719
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from 99agrant

Its a bit clearer on the BBC site. the link is in the Jason Interview thread.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
arryarryarry
October 29, 2023, 12:27am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from 99agrant

I think they should sack the data analyists and with the money saved buy a camcorder with better sound recording and a light.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockwood Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.