Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Spidey, October 28, 2023, 8:09pm
Posted by: chaos33, October 28, 2023, 8:20pm; Reply: 1
I must say, and I really like Jason, but this is mostly word salad and not particularly cogent. I think it’s because he wanted to be respectful to Paul, which I completely get, and also, that’s quite a high-pressure, emotionally charged interview, but it is, if we’re honest, characterised by contradictions, masking, and a sort of vaguely expressed part acknowledgement of facts, complicated by loyalties and emotions. I really do get why, but it doesn’t make that much empirical sense.
Posted by: Spurn boy, October 28, 2023, 8:55pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from chaos33
I must say, and I really like Jason, but this is mostly word salad and not particularly cogent. I think it’s because he wanted to be respectful to Paul, which I completely get, and also, that’s quite a high-pressure, emotionally charged interview, but it is, if we’re honest, characterised by contradictions, masking, and a sort of vaguely expressed part acknowledgement of facts, complicated by loyalties and emotions. I really do get why, but it doesn’t make that much empirical sense.

Jason Stockwood has to deliver a statement that not only informs us he has sacked our manager but also pays respect to PH for what he has achieved, it was not easy and it was probably something he was hoping he would never have to do. His statement was delivered shortly after the game had ended so probably didn’t have a lot of time to prepare so I think he could be forgiven if his interview was not up to the standards some expected.

Posted by: moosey_club, October 28, 2023, 9:00pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from chaos33

A bit like your post......you are Jason Stockwood and I claim my prize !!!!

It's an interview literally 15 mins after he has sacked what must feel like a member of his family.
The main points were made very clear,  the manager had been talking about rub of the green,  performances are good but not getting results but in reality ...we are flirting with relegation and the table (biggest data indicator) doesn't lie....Jason said about not waiting for luck to change but effecting it.....anything after that pretty much irrelevant.

Posted by: ska face, October 28, 2023, 9:02pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from chaos33

Seemed fine to me? Not sure what the contradictions were that you’ve mentioned - said the underlying performances haven’t been bad but there’s something that the data isn’t telling us, as you can see from the results, and you can’t just sit around hoping for your luck to change (which seemed to be Hurst’s approach).
Posted by: Croxton, October 28, 2023, 9:09pm; Reply: 5
Spared the Doig hairdryer perhaps but gets double lawnmower instead!
Posted by: chaos33, October 28, 2023, 9:24pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ska face

Seemed fine to me? Not sure what the contradictions were that you’ve mentioned - said the underlying performances haven’t been bad but there’s something that the data isn’t telling us, as you can see from the results, and you can’t just sit around hoping for your luck to change (which seemed to be Hurst’s approach).

Ok. I can accept that. Maybe it’s just how I’m hearing it. I’m maybe not perceiving or interpreting it clearly.
Posted by: 99agrant, October 28, 2023, 9:27pm; Reply: 7
I can’t hear much because of the lawnmowers!!
Posted by: RonMariner, October 28, 2023, 11:24pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from 99agrant

Its a bit clearer on the BBC site. the link is in the Jason Interview thread.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 29, 2023, 12:27am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 99agrant

I think they should sack the data analyists and with the money saved buy a camcorder with better sound recording and a light.
Print page generated: May 12, 2024, 1:04am