Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Town manager ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
1mickylyons, 99agrant, acko338, AncientExiledMariner, AndyDarloFC, aussiej, bartgtfc, Bawmariner, bedders78, BeijingMariner, Belfast Town, benny1618, biggleswademariner, BruceytheFish, BulkyMariner, Captaincod, chelseacity, chipsandgravy, Chrisblor, cjbill, CodHead, Craigy01, Crumbcrusader, crusty ole pie, Crystal, CSLM, DaleGTFC, DB, devs, Dick Johnson, Doctor Sanchez, Epworth Mariner, EvilFish, forza ivano, Gainsbro_Mariner, Gill, GollyGTFC, Grant Baily, Grantley, grassbandits, GrimExile, GrimRob, grimsbybrown, gtfc_chris, Gyranger.2, gytone, Hagrid, Heswall Mariner, HistonMariner, HoratiusEberlin, horsforthmariner, IlkleyMariner, Jackal, Jackie Lewis, jamesgtfc, jonnyboy82, kafunanapar140909, Knut Anders Fosters Voles, krispy84, Les Brechin, Limerick Mariner, Lincspoacher, LivvosRomanNose, LocalLadGTFC, louth_in_the_south, MaccasBoots, Madeleymariner, Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, Mappers, Mariner John, Mariner Timsky, Mariner16, mariner91, Mariner93er, MarinerDevil, marinerjase, MarinerMal, MarinerRob, Maringer, Matthew, Meza, Mighty_Mariner, mike502, Milky Bar Kid, mimma, MNH1972, mr b, Neilo83, Nelly GTFC, nigelh, nomorefourfiveone, Northbank Mariner, NorthseaMariner, Northy81, OZMAN, PaceyMariner, Parkooo, paulmblythe, Peeler_Crab, percentagefootball, pontoonlew, Poojah, Roast Em Bobby, Rodley Mariner, Running like emson, Ruston AT, sam gy, ScottyUTM, scott, smokin joe, Southwark Mariner, Spidey, SpiritOf98, Stew0_0, Stranger in the Park, SWMariner, Tavistock Mariner, Teesknees, thevera, Tinymariner, Tom13, TonySmith, Total Hawsehole, Town Monkey, Townforlife, TownSNAFU5, TwoLeftFeet, UTMAdinfinitum, Vigo_Mariner, Wedidntdidwe, Wemble1998, wembley_double98, WesternMariner, WOZOFGRIMSBY, Zmariner and 661 Guests

Next Town manager ?

This thread currently has 324,056 views. Print
204 Pages Prev ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... Next All Recommend Thread
LocalLadGTFC
November 26, 2023, 1:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 137
So let me get this right, the people that knew absolutely nothing over the 4 weeks about anything managerial related, about canidates, who we was talking to or who is in the running... now know everything in regards to the deal supposedly falling through? Gotcha.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1930 - 2034
Freemoash88
November 26, 2023, 1:24pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +893
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
So let me get this right, the people that knew absolutely nothing over the 4 weeks about anything managerial related, about canidates, who we was talking to or who is in the running... now know everything in regards to the deal supposedly falling through? Gotcha.

^^ This
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1931 - 2034
November 26, 2023, 1:34pm
Guest User
Quoted from 123614
What has shocked me during these posts on several threads is the agenda that some people seem to have with our owners.  Firstly they are Grimsby born and bred and massive Grimsby Town supporters, who are putting in large sums of their own money to try and achieve some measure of success for the club.

However, this doesn't seem to be enough for some people, and they resort to making snidey remarks about JS Guardian articles and B Corp.  I have no idea what difference they think that makes to the every day running of GTFC, none as far as I can see.

We should be grateful that we have such good owners and are still not beholden to the whims of our previous owner.

Some people just need a target. Once they’ve got rid of one, they move on to the next. It never ends.
Reply: 1932 - 2034
MuddyWaters
November 26, 2023, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,288
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from 140381

Some people just need a target. Once they’ve got rid of one, they move on to the next. It never ends.

No one should need a target, nor should anyone think that a situation is perfect because it never is.

The chairman correctly made a point about many variables on Friday night, and that’s the issue. He can’t control what happens on the pitch and he can’t control what’s happening in a potential manager’s mind. It’s not his fault but it’s probably more difficult to control the number of variables that might occur in a football club compared to some of his previous business ventures.

There’s many of us who were on to Fenty from a very early stage. The current owners are way more capable than JF but there has to be a point where people can at least question what’s going on. I’m sure they know that they’re open to scrutiny without someone putting a target on their back.
Private Message
Reply: 1933 - 2034
Jarmo.Is.God
November 26, 2023, 1:54pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Someone will be at training tomorrow, not sure if it's Artell or someone else unfortunately at this stage.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1934 - 2034
ROKERITE
November 26, 2023, 1:55pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +425
Gold Stars: 5
Given the choice of managing Grimsby Town or Morecambe most people would surely choose The Mariners, particularly with the new owners at Blundell Park and the instability at Morecambe.
There are only two things that might have swayed Artell; he played over one hundred times for The Shrimps and Crewe to Morecambe is an hour less journey time than Crewe to Cleethorpes.
I still hope David Artell will be announced as the new Grimsby Town Manager within the next few days.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1935 - 2034
GrimPol
November 26, 2023, 1:56pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +5 / -6
Approval: -787
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from pen penfras

People have been criticising the time and process since about the day Hurst got sacked. To say that you've been talking about sacking him for 6 weeks, when we were doing OK at that time, and not have had a single consideration for who or what you want next sounds stupid at best.

We've not lost since PH went.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1936 - 2034
November 26, 2023, 2:02pm
Guest User
Quoted from 123614
What has shocked me during these posts on several threads is the agenda that some people seem to have with our owners.  Firstly they are Grimsby born and bred and massive Grimsby Town supporters, who are putting in large sums of their own money to try and achieve some measure of success for the club.

However, this doesn't seem to be enough for some people, and they resort to making snidey remarks about JS Guardian articles and B Corp.  I have no idea what difference they think that makes to the every day running of GTFC, none as far as I can see.

We should be grateful that we have such good owners and are still not beholden to the whims of our previous owner.

One of the (many) disappointing aspects of human nature is that some people, who have achieved very little in their lives, like to
criticise those who have been successful because it makes them feel more important.

I think that comes into play here for some.
Reply: 1937 - 2034
DB
November 26, 2023, 2:46pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.41
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,053
Gold Stars: 391
JS & AP are both successful businessmen in their own right. I do recall Lord Sugar saying some years ago that he regretted buying Spurs, him being another very successful businessman.

At the start of their tenure, both JS & Ap and DC all said that they were on a steep learning curve about running a football club. I suspect that the curve is steeper than they thought and like, Lord Sugar, have found out that is totally different to any business's they have experienced before.

With this in mind, it is probably the reason why the delay in a new manager is taking so long. Perhaps the shaking of the hand means to1878 a deal has been done, but to the other party "Good to see you and we''ll talk again".

If there isn't an announcement next week then the Christmas period will be nerve-racking for all concerned.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1938 - 2034
ginnywings
November 26, 2023, 2:55pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
This thread is mental.

People are making disparaging posts based on absolutely no knowledge of what the facts are behind the scenes.

I think some people wake up in the morning and think "what can I get annoyed about today?"

I recommend a 7 mile walk along the beach, preferably with a dog, to work off those negative thoughts. Worked wonders for me this morning.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1939 - 2034
204 Pages Prev ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Town manager ?

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.