Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Town manager ?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Next Town manager ?

This thread currently has 325,210 views. Print
204 Pages Prev ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Simon
November 18, 2023, 9:30pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +234
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Simon

Lad that works in our office has been today, just posted in our works group chat that he saw danny cowley at the game all i'm asking is did anyone else see him there? He's a good lad so i will be amazed if he's wrong but i wasn't there so just asking the question

Forget that, just been shown a photo and its nothing like him ffs

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1440 - 2034
HertsGTFC
November 18, 2023, 9:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,076
Gold Stars: 238
Quoted from ancientmariner54

Why does a new manager have to come in ? Instead of throwing money at a "NAME "  manager who will need time to take stock of the present squad and still not be able to guarantee success (remember Hollowhead ).why not invest in a seasoned centre back , the only position we need to improve in at the moment imo. Although at the start of the season we were quite solid at the back. I suppose with our more attacking attitude of late something had to give.

Because though Ben & Shaun have done well they haven’t got the experience to fit the role profile Jason described on RH before the Slough game, plus though there’s still a lot of games to play as it stands we’re under threat of relegation, again other than beating a PT side in the cup and 4 points from 6 in the league there’s nothing to tell us they’d keep us up as are p1ssing goals still.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1441 - 2034
Poojah
November 18, 2023, 9:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,050
Gold Stars: 1,535
Nathan Rooney still third favourite according to the bookies. I posted some context previously about the size of Gibraltar and the likely standard of football there, but the ‘national’ team are currently losing 13-0 to France. Assuming it gets no worse, it equals the biggest defeat in European qualifying history (Germany v San Marino in 2006).

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1442 - 2034
Poojah
November 18, 2023, 9:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +30,050
Gold Stars: 1,535
Finished 14-0, so the record. A goal roughly every 6 minutes.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1443 - 2034
RichMariner
November 18, 2023, 9:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,171
Gold Stars: 212
I don't think Pearson and Davies will get the job, nor do I think they should.

But that doesn't mean we can't say they're doing a decent job. They can be good enough to steady the ship and even get us moving up the league, but also not be appropriate for the full time role.

What we're not privy to is the extent to which the club is being sold by JS, AP and DC. It's a very different beast from when Hurst returned.

We know how much 1878 have invested in the 'little' things around the club. They have also invested in data and may be able to show managers like the Cowleys something that Bradford couldn't, for example. Who knows what Gareth Jennings has implemented or said behind the scenes.

Basically, we feel more like a 'project' than we've ever done before. We're set up for someone to come in and be given the time to implement their ideas.

I can't say for certain what's going on at Bradford but they seem to a be a club with no real plan, and just flit from one manager to the next hoping to strike it lucky at some point.

We don't want to be like that. We've got solid foundations now, and the opportunity is bigger than our current league position. We are probably more attractive to a half decent manager now than we've ever been.

That's putting the positive spin on it. I also thought today's result at Forest Green was decent. We keep them at arm's length (when it looked like they were closing the gap on us) and fighting back from 2-0 down showed bottle.

Would've been nice to have not been 2-0 down in the first place, but their first was never a pen.

We were in freefall but SP and BD have improved us in most areas bar defence. If I knew what I know now, back on the day when Hurst was sacked, I'd have taken it.

In that respect, we're taking baby steps in the right direction. I don't think it's anything more than that, for now. We certainly haven't got worse, even if some fans like us to think that.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 1444 - 2034
LocalLadGTFC
November 19, 2023, 1:04am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +4,419
Gold Stars: 142
We battered the most in-form team in the division, they’ve made pro active and early changes in every game that have changed the game and we’ve shown heart and desire to come from behind and win points.. Something that wasn’t happening.. they’ve done a good job in the circumstances. The defence is a huge concern but that’s not a quick fix. We’ve got a right back and two centre half’s really really low on confidence, I imagine if Michee was fit then he’d be starting. We need a Danny Collins to come in and grab the rest of the back 4 by the balderdash and take charge of it.  
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 1445 - 2034
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2023, 8:31am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Because though Ben & Shaun have done well they haven’t got the experience to fit the role profile Jason described on RH before the Slough game, plus though there’s still a lot of games to play as it stands we’re under threat of relegation, again other than beating a PT side in the cup and 4 points from 6 in the league there’s nothing to tell us they’d keep us up as are p1ssing goals still.

Nope, nothing at all that would suggest they could keep us up! oh apart from 4 points in 6!

Private Message
Reply: 1446 - 2034
November 19, 2023, 11:24am
Guest User
Quoted from Teestogreen
Lew - your first sentence 🤙 - end of.
Don’t think we need a ‘superstar ‘ manager.
Our current guys are doing a good job - hope they get rewarded.

Not for me, we are in too precarious position to take a chance on two coaches with next to no managerial experience.  We need an experienced manager who knows League Two, and hopefully has the wherewithal to move us up the table.

Reply: 1447 - 2034
MuddyWaters
November 19, 2023, 11:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.59
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,291
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from TheRealJohnLewis

Nope, nothing at all that would suggest they could keep us up! oh apart from 4 points in 6!

We're conceding goals for fun and a change from caretaker to permanent would certainly bring added pressure. Shaun and Ben have done great in steadying the ship but I don't think you would ever forgive them (or the owners) if they took over and we got relegated again.
Private Message
Reply: 1448 - 2034
TheRealJohnLewis
November 19, 2023, 11:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Rep Score: +13 / -8
Approval: +2,308
Gold Stars: 39
Quoted from MuddyWaters

We're conceding goals for fun and a change from caretaker to permanent would certainly bring added pressure. Shaun and Ben have done great in steadying the ship but I don't think you would ever forgive them (or the owners) if they took over and we got relegated again.

I wasn't suggesting we take a punt on the caretakers, I was mainly pointing out how ridiculous the argument was!

Private Message
Reply: 1449 - 2034
204 Pages Prev ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Next Town manager ?

Thread Rating

There have been 1 votes for this thread.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.