Neilo83
October 28, 2023, 5:18pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +17 / -6
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Hagrid
Was a 0-0 game. But of course we shoot ourselves in the foot.

Has to be a change, Because i hated that last 20 mins in the away end with the chanting

Didn’t make today, what was the chanting?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 35
jimgtfc
October 28, 2023, 5:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,092
Gold Stars: 45
Hurst out

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 35
MarinerDevil
October 28, 2023, 5:23pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.38
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,774
Gold Stars: 80
I haven't commented in a while as I can't quite stomach being in this situation again. How on Earth has this happened? Good owners, solid manager, relative stability; all the things we thought we needed.

I'm starting to wonder if our ceiling is now midtable League 2 without significant investment, which hasn't been delivered by 1878 yet (I know they're trying to).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 35
diehardmariner
October 28, 2023, 5:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,622
Gold Stars: 539
Thought defensively we looked pretty much OK, albeit against a bang average side.

It's further forward where we had nothing at all. Just lots of running and determination.

Would be interested to know the reasoning behind keeping a poor Eisa on the pitch with Gnahoua sat again on the bench. Genuinely unsure what Arthur has done wrong of late.

It's the end of the road though. If we don't bite the bullet now we're only heading one way. All but Tranmere of the teams around us picking up 3 points. 4 points off the relegation spots.  If 1878 delay this any further it's just cruel all round.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 35
GibMariner
October 28, 2023, 5:25pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +1 / -4
Approval: -953
Gold Stars: 21
Very sad day. Balls needed anyone.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 35
It Bites
October 28, 2023, 5:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,192
Gold Stars: 265
We look like a relegation team unfortunately. Even with a manager change I can’t see things changing . We must operate within our means and Bp is one hell of a money pit now . Basically BP will look loads better and the team has been neglected again . It’s never going to get better than this unfortunately unless we get an Arab in charge . An FACup qt final and record season tickets and we still look crap because let’s be honest we were poor at home last season .
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 35
IlkleyMariner
October 28, 2023, 5:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Decided not to go today. Crap weather. Two crap sides

Sounds like we were not awful, just bad.

I’d give PH and the team next Sunday to reenergise in the FA Cup at Slough.
If they lose or play badly, PH has to go.

If they win in FA cup I’d give PH two more games. Then no excuses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 35
fishcake63
October 28, 2023, 5:29pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
We are impotent if we had anything about us we win that game but we are urine poor all over the park , sorry hate calling people out but time for change we are heading back to national league
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 35
HatTrickHero
October 28, 2023, 5:30pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +779
Gold Stars: 25
No words left to describe this. This team must now have conjured up every possible way give away a goal/lose a game. Two poor teams. 0-0 all over it but nope.

Footballing-wise we did ok mostly. Much better passing but mostly into dead ends, meaning we really need to get something from set pieces. Ah...

Set pieces - abysmal. Seconds left to salvage a point and Eisa lumps it straight to the keeper.
Not a prayer of scoring from a corner either. The opposition? Sure, stroke your corner kicks to the edge of the box, smack in a shot, we mark up at corners like an under 10's team.
Credit to Cartwright for that save from that corner, feel for him as he did little wrong and should be proudly looking at a clean sheet for his debut.

I'm not gonna get angry, I won't name call and I won't demand Hurst's sacking by Sunday night or whatever but I believe he should go, not for today's defeat but for the whole picture,  for all the stats, for all the points I made above.
We've been very unlucky in some of those games but the table doesn't lie.
3 wins from 16. And at the end of the day all those wayward set pieces in every game, all that falling asleep and conceding, all the conceded possession from the terrible final pass and all those games where we failed to get a shot on target is down to the coaching, or lack of.
It's not a matter of Hurst Out! It's just time for the next phase, let's get it done and stop this before we are in that old familiar territory we thought we'd left behind, that of stagnation.
Forever Up the Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 35
Mappers
October 28, 2023, 5:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,323
Gold Stars: 118
If the lads are not at the races I will whip em , but I ain't whipping them for that tonight . They gave everything .

A lapse of concentration cost yet again .

Hurst properly reverted to type and It should have worked , they were poor, very poor - that one that rolled along the line maybe signified the end for PH , it would have gone in on any other occasion .

Running out of time , getting closer to the drop line , where next for Grimsby Town ?
How do we get out of it ?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just back

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.