Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Must win
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Must win

This thread currently has 945 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
October 24, 2023, 10:13pm
Guest User
Well that was the most obvious must win for some time. God knows what happens now. My guess is we chased a few too many players over summer who didn’t come and had to make up the numbers at the last minute. It didn’t work, the squad was stretched and the constant losses destroyed their confidence. Gutted.

The only thread of comfort is that it won’t be Fenty choosing the next manager. But even then I don’t envy either the owners or the potential new recruit the size of the task ahead.

I have been optimistic for some time now. Today it evaporated.

I’m very very worried. I think we’re done. We’ve a shocking history of appointing managers. History suggests it’ll be 17/18 years before we appoint one who’ll get us promoted again.
DB
October 24, 2023, 10:18pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from 140381
Well that was the most obvious must win for some time. God knows what happens now. My guess is we chased a few too many players over summer who didn’t come and had to make up the numbers at the last minute. It didn’t work, the squad was stretched and the constant losses destroyed their confidence. Gutted.

The only thread of comfort is that it won’t be Fenty choosing the next manager. But even then I don’t envy either the owners or the potential new recruit the size of the task ahead.

I’m very very worried. I think we’re done. We’ve a shocking history of appointing managers. History suggests it’ll be 17/18 years before we appoint one who’ll get us promoted again.

I thought made a few signings at the start of the window.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
October 24, 2023, 10:21pm
Guest User
It’s clear that there are a few gaps. And there was an attempt to fill these late on. They already admitted we tried for a number of players.
Reply: 2 - 5
petethemariner
October 24, 2023, 10:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +36 / -2
Approval: +1,011
Gold Stars: 16
We may have tried for many players, but its what you do with them when you get them  that matters, Hurst
has a decent eye for a player, but when he gets them their ability seems to drain away game by game, its
just bizarre and so consistent, i just do not know what happens to them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
lew chaterleys lover
October 24, 2023, 11:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from petethemariner
We may have tried for many players, but its what you do with them when you get them  that matters, Hurst
has a decent eye for a player, but when he gets them their ability seems to drain away game by game, its
just bizarre and so consistent, i just do not know what happens to them.

This is absolutely the thing for me. He collects what seems to be good players and then manages to coach everything out of them; they are then discarded so the process starts all over again.

I think his luck has run out this time. These are players who should be performing a lot better than this, and the keeper signings are unfathomable.

It's a great shame but the club must come first.
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
BobbyCummingsTackle
October 24, 2023, 11:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,279
Gold Stars: 306
Quoted from 140381

Get some perspective man. This is like a post from Marvin The Paranoid Android.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Must win

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.