Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), October 24, 2023, 10:13pm
Well that was the most obvious must win for some time. God knows what happens now. My guess is we chased a few too many players over summer who didn’t come and had to make up the numbers at the last minute. It didn’t work, the squad was stretched and the constant losses destroyed their confidence. Gutted.

The only thread of comfort is that it won’t be Fenty choosing the next manager. But even then I don’t envy either the owners or the potential new recruit the size of the task ahead.

I have been optimistic for some time now. Today it evaporated.

I’m very very worried. I think we’re done. We’ve a shocking history of appointing managers. History suggests it’ll be 17/18 years before we appoint one who’ll get us promoted again.
Posted by: DB, October 24, 2023, 10:18pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 140381
Well that was the most obvious must win for some time. God knows what happens now. My guess is we chased a few too many players over summer who didn’t come and had to make up the numbers at the last minute. It didn’t work, the squad was stretched and the constant losses destroyed their confidence. Gutted.

The only thread of comfort is that it won’t be Fenty choosing the next manager. But even then I don’t envy either the owners or the potential new recruit the size of the task ahead.

I’m very very worried. I think we’re done. We’ve a shocking history of appointing managers. History suggests it’ll be 17/18 years before we appoint one who’ll get us promoted again.

I thought made a few signings at the start of the window.

Posted by: 140381 (Guest), October 24, 2023, 10:21pm; Reply: 2
It’s clear that there are a few gaps. And there was an attempt to fill these late on. They already admitted we tried for a number of players.
Posted by: petethemariner, October 24, 2023, 10:29pm; Reply: 3
We may have tried for many players, but its what you do with them when you get them  that matters, Hurst
has a decent eye for a player, but when he gets them their ability seems to drain away game by game, its
just bizarre and so consistent, i just do not know what happens to them.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, October 24, 2023, 11:08pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from petethemariner
We may have tried for many players, but its what you do with them when you get them  that matters, Hurst
has a decent eye for a player, but when he gets them their ability seems to drain away game by game, its
just bizarre and so consistent, i just do not know what happens to them.

This is absolutely the thing for me. He collects what seems to be good players and then manages to coach everything out of them; they are then discarded so the process starts all over again.

I think his luck has run out this time. These are players who should be performing a lot better than this, and the keeper signings are unfathomable.

It's a great shame but the club must come first.
Posted by: BobbyCummingsTackle, October 24, 2023, 11:32pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from 140381

Get some perspective man. This is like a post from Marvin The Paranoid Android.
Print page generated: May 12, 2024, 5:01am