5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Stew0_0
October 18, 2023, 8:32am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +1,195
Gold Stars: 35
Ok. We have to accept there will be no managerial changes before Saturday and personally I hope Hurst comes out of this run and we start picking up points and performances, starting Saturday.

Tough game against league leaders but we have a good record in picking up points at Edgeley and went last year when we won 3-1.
Would like to see us be bold and brave but also plug our leaky defence so was thinking could we line up something like this...

Eastwood

Mullarkey.    Rodgers.    Maher
Efete.                                                             Amos

Clifton.        Conteh.      Holahan

Rose.          Eisa

Wingbacks when attacking, solid back 5 when under pressure.
Bring back in your experienced heads Maher and Holohan whilst still offering there defence with something to think about with 2 up top, Eisa with a free roam between midfield and attack. Wilson on mid-2nd half to add energy and pace.
Logged Offline
Private Message
ska face
October 18, 2023, 9:03am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Stockport 14 - 0 Grimsby Town

Can’t see anything else I’m afraid.

Unbelievable that the away end was sold out before the weekend.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 46
denni266
October 18, 2023, 9:07am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from ska face
Stockport 14 - 0 Grimsby Town

Can’t see anything else I’m afraid.

Unbelievable that the away end was sold out before the weekend.

Its a good day out  weather permitting  and where else are you going to see 14 goals on saturday  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 46
IlkleyMariner
October 18, 2023, 9:30am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
Think 14-0 might be tongue in cheek.

4-0 or 5-0 possible
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 46
devs
October 18, 2023, 10:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,983
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from Stew0_0
Ok. We have to accept there will be managerial changes before Saturday and personally I hope Hurst comes out of this run and we start picking up points and performances, starting Saturday.

Tough game against league leaders but we have a good record in picking up points at Edgeley and went last year when we won 3-1.
Would like to see us be bold and brave but also plug our leaky defence so was thinking could we line up something like this...

Eastwood

Mullarkey.    Rodgers.    Maher
Efete.                                                             Amos

Clifton.        Conteh.      Holahan

Rose.          Eisa

Wingbacks when attacking, solid back 5 when under pressure.
Bring back in your experienced heads Maher and Holohan whilst still offering there defence with something to think about with 2 up top, Eisa with a free roam between midfield and attack. Wilson on mid-2nd half to add energy and pace.

I think you mean no managerial changes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 46
diehardmariner
October 18, 2023, 10:27am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
The Accrington game is still lingering like a excrement from a heavy curry the night before I'm afraid.

I've got a ticket but genuinely have zero desire to go and watch us if we're going to put in anywhere near as abject a display as we did at the weekend.

I do admire the enthusiasm and hope of the original poster but I'm struggling to see how any change of formation will make us more solid, I get the idea behind wingbacks but have no confidence in anyone we deploy out wide offering an attacking outlet so it'll just a permanent back 5.

I think our best chance of getting something, even if just a bit of pride, comes from grinding something out in a typical Hurst performance.  With that in mind I probably wouldn't start either Conteh or Eisa.  On paper two of our better players but each has contributed diddly-squat in recent weeks.  The bar is low but if you're underneath that bar at the minute then you definitely don't deserve to play.

I hope we go with the intent to attack and take the game to Stockport, but instead I think we'll go with one up top (Rose).  He'll be ridiculously isolated and then with 20 minutes to go Hurst will throw Wilson and Pyke on (Rose and Eisa coming off, moving to a 5-3-2 formation) with some delusional belief that they'll be able to turn it round from 3-0 down. Around this time Holohan will come on for Conteh who hasn't been within 10 yards of the ball since picking up a 12th minute booking.  With Stockport already having made 5 subs and their foot well and truly off the gas, we might snatch a consolation goal late on.  Post game Hurst will say we were the better team despite the fact Stockport had 37 shots on goal to our 2 efforts (1 on target).
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 46
pontoonlew
October 18, 2023, 10:41am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,034
Gold Stars: 176
The fact we’re talking about playing for pride in our 14th game of the season is a damning insight into the current state of affairs. I’ll be there, but I’m really regretting getting a ticket based on Saturdays shambolic performance.

Even IF we pick up anything on Saturday, how many of us are confident that’ll somehow be a catalyst to turn us into play-off hopefuls?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 46
HerveJosse
October 18, 2023, 11:29am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
With any luck there ground my be blown away in the upcoming storm and it gets postponed until early May when a last minute winner seals our automatic promotion under the current Gateshead manager.
Sorry I was dreaming again
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 46
Poojah
October 18, 2023, 11:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,539
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from HerveJosse
With any luck there ground my be blown away in the upcoming storm and it gets postponed until early May when a last minute winner seals our automatic promotion under the current Gateshead manager.
Sorry I was dreaming again

It’s a bit soon for that; Rob Elliot hasn’t even had a single game in management yet.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 46
HerveJosse
October 18, 2023, 11:36am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

It’s a bit soon for that; Rob Elliot hasn’t even had a single game in management yet.

OMG missed that MKD Ffs . Another dream shattered.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 46
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Stockport

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.