immariner
October 7, 2023, 2:52pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from Grim up north
Talking to a Newcastle season ticket holder at work about the atmosphere of the PSG game the other night and all the flags and banners in the stadium and he said it stems from a local craft brewery.
Basically they created a WOR  ( our) Beer and sell it all over the town with a 50p mark up that goes into WOR flags that have free flags and loads of giant banners around the stadium .
Different scale to Town but might be an idea for Docks beers to grab hold of.

Call me a massive SJW snowflake, but all I could think whilst watching that was hasn't that club got a big enough carbon footprint. Not for me, rather have everyone twirling scarves than  waving one-use-and-bin plastic flags
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 13
grimsby pete
October 7, 2023, 5:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
I can remember when I was a teenager I used to have 6 pints at the lifeboat and fish and chips on the way home and still had change from a pound note.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 13
The Caterham Mariner
October 7, 2023, 9:27pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +80
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from Heisenberg

Surely there was something else you could have had?! Carling is literally the last thing I resort to, it’s beyond cack.

CARLING!!! ....MADE FROM "ADBLU" = Pigs Urine
Fermented as far I am concerned give it a massive wide berth  no matter how cheap on offer in  Morrison's.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 13
DB
October 8, 2023, 6:57am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,016
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from grimsby pete
I can remember when I was a teenager I used to have 6 pints at the lifeboat and fish and chips on the way home and still had change from a pound note.  

I remember paying 10 old Pence for a pint, followed by public outrage when it went up to 11 old Pence. Those were the days. The new kid on the block was something called Carling, a tasteless brew that was claimed to come from over the pond, but sold well as it chilled before served whereas our proper ale wasn't. It was also over twice as much which made it 'wealthy persons drink'.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 13
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › WOR Beer/flag campaign

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.