Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Grim up north, October 6, 2023, 7:58pm
Talking to a Newcastle season ticket holder at work about the atmosphere of the PSG game the other night and all the flags and banners in the stadium and he said it stems from a local craft brewery.
Basically they created a WOR  ( our) Beer and sell it all over the town with a 50p mark up that goes into WOR flags that have free flags and loads of giant banners around the stadium .
Different scale to Town but might be an idea for Docks beers to grab hold of.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 6, 2023, 8:17pm; Reply: 1
Price they charge per pt they could afford to give us all 2 flags each.
Posted by: Grim up north, October 6, 2023, 8:44pm; Reply: 2
Haha I popped in with the Mrs last Friday and nearly £8 for a pint and half !  ;D Was decent though
Posted by: aldi_01, October 6, 2023, 8:53pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Price they charge per pt they could afford to give us all 2 flags each.

Literally the going rate for that type of ale…paid flipping £4 for a shite Carling not so long back…
Posted by: ginnywings, October 6, 2023, 9:12pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from aldi_01

Literally the going rate for that type of ale…paid flipping £4 for a shite Carling not so long back…

Really?

Paid less for better beer in York recently, and that isn't a cheap place. Was also in Scarborough at the North Riding brewery pub last month, and the dearest ale was £3.90, with some cheaper than that.

Docks is over rated and over priced in my opinion.
Posted by: Heisenberg, October 6, 2023, 11:52pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from aldi_01

Surely there was something else you could have had?! Carling is literally the last thing I resort to, it’s beyond cack.
Posted by: mimma, October 7, 2023, 12:37pm; Reply: 6
£1.95 for a pint of Worthy in the Tivoli Tavern
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 7, 2023, 1:45pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

Really?

Paid less for better beer in York recently, and that isn't a cheap place. Was also in Scarborough at the North Riding brewery pub last month, and the dearest ale was £3.90, with some cheaper than that.

Docks is over rated and over priced in my opinion.

Is that the one next to the little cinema?
Cracking boozer, with good cask ales and craft beers
Posted by: ginnywings, October 7, 2023, 2:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Is that the one next to the little cinema?
Cracking boozer, with good cask ales and craft beers

Dunno on the cinema. Just up the hill from Peasholm  Park, near the cricket ground.
Posted by: DB, October 7, 2023, 2:12pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ginnywings

Dunno on the cinema. Just up the hill from Peasholm  Park, near the cricket ground.

There is a small cinema next to it., across the road from the bowls club, which was built when they pulled down the Floral Hall Theatre.

https://www.google.com/maps/@54.2902939,-0.4058856,3a,60y,99.32h,109.26t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUicQpAjLmUwGqbWA_pXRwQ!2e0!7i16384!8i8192?entry=ttu

Posted by: immariner, October 7, 2023, 2:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Grim up north
Talking to a Newcastle season ticket holder at work about the atmosphere of the PSG game the other night and all the flags and banners in the stadium and he said it stems from a local craft brewery.
Basically they created a WOR  ( our) Beer and sell it all over the town with a 50p mark up that goes into WOR flags that have free flags and loads of giant banners around the stadium .
Different scale to Town but might be an idea for Docks beers to grab hold of.

Call me a massive SJW snowflake, but all I could think whilst watching that was hasn't that club got a big enough carbon footprint. Not for me, rather have everyone twirling scarves than  waving one-use-and-bin plastic flags
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 7, 2023, 5:33pm; Reply: 11
I can remember when I was a teenager I used to have 6 pints at the lifeboat and fish and chips on the way home and still had change from a pound note.  :K)
Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, October 7, 2023, 9:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Heisenberg

Surely there was something else you could have had?! Carling is literally the last thing I resort to, it’s beyond cack.

CARLING!!! ....MADE FROM "ADBLU" = Pigs Urine
Fermented as far I am concerned give it a massive wide berth  no matter how cheap on offer in  Morrison's.
UTM

Posted by: DB, October 8, 2023, 6:57am; Reply: 13
Quoted from grimsby pete
I can remember when I was a teenager I used to have 6 pints at the lifeboat and fish and chips on the way home and still had change from a pound note.  :K)

I remember paying 10 old Pence for a pint, followed by public outrage when it went up to 11 old Pence. Those were the days. The new kid on the block was something called Carling, a tasteless brew that was claimed to come from over the pond, but sold well as it chilled before served whereas our proper ale wasn't. It was also over twice as much which made it 'wealthy persons drink'.

Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 7:33pm