3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
grimsby pete
September 30, 2023, 11:08am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
If as expected we lose today can we all stop the hate that goes on after each defeat.

Does anybody really think Hurst is in a job for life and does not care if we win ,draw or lose. ?

Of course he cares and it hurts him Just as much if not more than us.

After today we have a couple of games we can win so that will make it 16 points from 12 games a fair start seeing how many of the better teams we have played.

We always have good periods as well as bad so let's get behind the players and Hurst when they need us not just when we are winning.

Onwards and upwards together !!!!!!!      

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
wuffing
September 30, 2023, 11:16am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
Dangerous game on paper Pete...

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
dapperz fun pub
September 30, 2023, 11:27am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,951
Gold Stars: 82
Results business if we keep losing performing poorly his job should be under scrutiny , for me wait until Xmas and then see where we are
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
ginnywings
September 30, 2023, 11:29am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Social media meltdown incoming.

Folk sharpening their metaphoric pencils and pitchforks.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
DB
September 30, 2023, 11:30am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from grimsby pete
If as expected we lose today can we all stop the hate that goes on after each defeat.

Does anybody really think Hurst is in a job for life and does not care if we win ,draw or lose. ?

Of course he cares and it hurts him Just as much if not more than us.

After today we have a couple of games we can win so that will make it 16 points from 12 games a fair start seeing how many of the better teams we have played.

We always have good periods as well as bad so let's get behind the players and Hurst when they need us not just when we are winning.

Onwards and upwards together !!!!!!!      

You could tell from his body language at his Crawley post interview, also the comments he made in his pre swindon match. But as others say it's a points business.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
Dodorondon
September 30, 2023, 11:43am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Approval: -31
Gold Stars: 6
It is often said by certain posters that everybody has the right to their opinion and criticism is acceptable. But sheer vitriol is not. Such and such was shite….. no, he was poor, out of form, out of touch,whatever. I used to love the old Grimsby Telegraph way of saying a player had a bad match… he wasn’t mentioned!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
pontoonlew
September 30, 2023, 11:43am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +9,038
Gold Stars: 177
Think it’s important to remember the fixtures do seem to let up slightly after today & this game can’t really be used as a measure of if Hurst is in trouble or not.

However, lose this and a couple of our games in October then some very tough conversations will surely have to be had.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
lew chaterleys lover
September 30, 2023, 11:48am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,720
Gold Stars: 237
If we win we will all be ecstatic includingthe manager. A game of ups and downs is football.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
grimsby pete
September 30, 2023, 12:13pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,799
Gold Stars: 222
Agree discussions should be had after every game but just a few go over the top with their comments.

Just thinking a moment before you press the enter button and thinking would I like it if they said it against me.

There are not many players in the game that don't care what the score is so to say he was just not interested and did not try is unfair.

If that was the case Hurst would have subbed him and not let him let the side down for minute longer than he had to.

Even though we had not reached the 70 minute.  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
Kris2
September 30, 2023, 12:16pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
I'm sure nobody feels the pressure more than the players and the manager when we lose a couple of games in a row, especially losing at home after taking the lead is rough. It's the point where real character is shown to turn around a couple of losses and get a performance. Everybody knows that away to Swindon is a tough game but it's not like they go to the game not wanting to win.

I still think it's early days and we are a million miles from a crisis point, we'll know during the tough Christmas period where we stand and if things have taken a plunge by then I'm sure questions will be asked, but until then the manager and the team deserves our backing. It's not really a phenomenon unique to our fans, football fans in general can be quite bipolar with overreacting positively or negatively depending on the result that week.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › After Today's Game

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.