marinerjase
September 24, 2023, 4:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,655
Gold Stars: 147
Quoted from ex-merseymariner

Agree with this, from the Lower they were some distance away and mainly had their backs to us.

Then the tannoy announcer said something about them walking past the Pontoon and the Lower, but they just got to the end  of Ponny and disappeared.   Meh

They don’t go near Everton fans….:p

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
diehardmariner
September 24, 2023, 9:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Great to see them but I think with much of the birthday celebrations it felt rushed. With the exception of Shaun Cunnington and Garry Birtles all are still very local, so easy to get them there.

I don't mind them celebrating 145 years but if you're gonna make a big thing of it, then make a big thing of it! I've thought for a while the former player stuff at half time doesn't get enough publicity. At Notts County away the majority of halftime was focused around Gary Lund and him answering a few questions. Whereas we just seem to wheel out someone to absolutely no fanfare at all. If you've got the ex pro there, it's easy to make something of it.

Back to the legends from Sat though, I didn't have the pleasure of seeing Boylen and Worthington but with or without them, that's one hell of a spine to a team. Disley in a 3 man midfield with Cunnington and Cockers would be something else!
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Legends

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.