2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
It Bites
September 23, 2023, 6:00pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,191
Gold Stars: 265
Today we saw some real GTFC legends and what stood out for me was that most if not all played for us in DIV4 . Everyone of them would walk straight into our starting 11 during their careers. Has the quality in lg2 diminished or are we just not getting the best out of what we have ?
Private Message
promotion plaice
September 23, 2023, 6:03pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,064
Gold Stars: 198

Which Town legends turned up ?

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Davec
September 23, 2023, 6:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from promotion plaice

Which Town legends turned up ?

From memory
Dave Worthington
Shaun Cunnington
Gary Birtles
Justin Whittle
Gary Childs
John Mcdermott
Dave Smith
Craig Disley
Dave Boylen

I thought Dave boylen looked a little lost and confused at times, but given his condition full respect to him for turning up
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Yarborough Vaults
September 23, 2023, 7:19pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Was a bit disappointed with it - the 'lap of honour' was the walk from middle of main, in front of ponny then out. What happened to the lower or the osmond.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
aldi_01
September 23, 2023, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Was all a bit meh to be honest. I appreciate it’s hard to get hold of certain players and they likely have commitments etc but I figured they’d have a few more…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Lincoln Mariner 56
September 23, 2023, 10:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,694
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from aldi_01
Was all a bit meh to be honest. I appreciate it’s hard to get hold of certain players and they likely have commitments etc but I figured they’d have a few more…

Not helped by still having the kids game at half time which seemed rather odd and I suppose most of the 98 team were back not long ago for the 25 year celebration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
fishboyUTM
September 24, 2023, 8:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,068
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from aldi_01

I found the 145 year thing weird. Why not 146? 142? Wait til 150 and it's worth something. Few of us will be around for 200, I certainly won't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
sam gy
September 24, 2023, 8:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Match aside, I absolutely loved yesterday. Got pics taken with the legends, had a few nice chats and they were all very sound and approachable. And the q&a hosted by Burnsy was incredible all round.

Fish and chips was bloody lovely n’all.

I don’t mind them celebrating 145 years, why not take the opportunity to do a bit of marketing and essentially make a bit of extra cash? 5 years is a long time in football, I’m sure celebrating 150 years will still be a special event.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
HatTrickHero
September 24, 2023, 11:42am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +779
Gold Stars: 25
Dizza looked in such great shape I was half hoping he'd be given a pair of boots and shirt for the 2nd half.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
ex-merseymariner
September 24, 2023, 2:33pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -10
Approval: +1,401
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Yarborough Vaults
Was a bit disappointed with it - the 'lap of honour' was the walk from middle of main, in front of ponny then out. What happened to the lower or the osmond.

Agree with this, from the Lower they were some distance away and mainly had their backs to us.

Then the tannoy announcer said something about them walking past the Pontoon and the Lower, but they just got to the end  of Ponny and disappeared.   Meh

#newera;   New owners, new approach;  'we bought Grimsby Town to help renew the place we love'  
Join the Trust, get involved: UP THE MARINERS!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Legends

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.