Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham Kop out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Wrexham Kop out?

This thread currently has 3,072 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
September 20, 2023, 4:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,697
Gold Stars: 136
Local Authorities are in meltdown all over the country. Birmingham has gone bust, Woking as well, others on the edge. Most are struggling for planners, highway engineers,  project managers, surveyors. At least our owners are well aware of this shitshow - we are wise steering clear of relying on involvement with the public sector at the moment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
moosey_club
September 20, 2023, 5:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,263
Gold Stars: 226
Think I read an article the other day which named a major contractor working on a few stadiums that has gone pop. Buckingham maybe ?
Not a good time for building major construction,  Everton's new ground seems to be spiralling in millions with each passing day

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
MANCMARINER
September 20, 2023, 5:45pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from Heisenberg
I was gonna post about this today. I’ve started watching season 2 of the Wrexham thing, and episode 1 blew my mind - Rob and Ryan were waiting for a decision from the government on getting £20m (the full construction value) from the levelling up fund - Shaun Harvey must have told them they had a good chance! Now, I’m sorry, but two of the Hollywood glitterati applying for £20m of funding so they don’t have to raid their own savings was NEVER gonna get the OK, ever. That idiot must have got their hopes up. I couldn’t believe how surprised they were when it was turned down!!!

Harvey put it down to the fact the Tories probably rightly assuming that they wouldn’t get voted in in Wrexham, but wonder if Mullin having ‘F*ck the Tories’ stencilled onto his boots had anything to do with it?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
HerveJosse
September 20, 2023, 6:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Taking almost as long as our new training ground
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Mappers
September 20, 2023, 7:58pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Heisenberg
….as an aside, episode 2 was an eye opener and very clever of the producers to add a human side to things. It was about a Wrexham fan with autism, and the parallels with Paul Mullin’s young boy who has just been diagnosed with autism at age 3 - it affected me as my son also has it, and whilst I mildly dislike Mullin as a footballer, I felt for him. Life can be tough even in his situation.

I had a watch as my son has quite severe learning difficulties .

It's something I have struggled to come to terms with , but seeing Mullin and the programme with that Paddy Mcguiness was really helpful as it's quite relatable and good to know others are in the same boat ; as it's something difficult to understand unless you are in the situation (as I would not realistically have any care or understanding myself , if it did not directly effect me) .

So fair play to Mullin and anyone who tries to raise awareness of ASD or any other differences in us that people in the main find difficult to understand .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
MANCMARINER
September 20, 2023, 10:05pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +66
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from HerveJosse

But neither will be as long as waiting for you to say something positive about the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
aldi_01
September 21, 2023, 6:41am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HerveJosse

Almost like you’re immune to all the things mentioned in this thread which are having massive impacts on such developments.

I only watched one episode of the first series and even that was a struggle, and we were the pantomime villain. I’m not watching this series either.

Fair play to Mullin for raising awareness and the show for raising awareness about neurodiversity, doesn’t stop him being a cheating girl private but still, it’s a challenge to love with that every day.

I guess, what the episode probably should do for anyone watching is highlight the challenges of moving and developing new stadiums or even redeveloping existing stadia.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 21, 2023, 12:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,840
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from moosey_club
Think I read an article the other day which named a major contractor working on a few stadiums that has gone pop. Buckingham maybe ?
Not a good time for building major construction,  Everton's new ground seems to be spiralling in millions with each passing day

Ssssssshhhhh don’t mention construction with news that HS2 is not only costing around £100bn but, it won’t actually be reaching its original terminus at Euston! It’s going to end 6 miles short. So, the time you would’ve saved getting hs2 from London to Manchester, is now going to be consumed with the tube/train you’d have to get to Old Oak Common!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
moosey_club
September 21, 2023, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,263
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Ssssssshhhhh don’t mention construction with news that HS2 is not only costing around £100bn but, it won’t actually be reaching its original terminus at Euston! It’s going to end 6 miles short. So, the time you would’ve saved getting hs2 from London to Manchester, is now going to be consumed with the tube/train you’d have to get to Old Oak Common!

Oh don't....its an absolute fking disgrace that project in every single aspect. Any politician or high ranking official that has signed anything off wants sending down for life.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Maringer
September 21, 2023, 7:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,519
Gold Stars: 185
The thing about HS2 is that it would cost £100 billion to make it work properly. We've instead decided to spend £80 billion on something which doesn't work properly!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham Kop out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.