Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham Kop out?
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Wrexham Kop out?

This thread currently has 3,073 views. Print
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GYinScuntland
September 20, 2023, 2:08pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
New kop not going to be ready for next season now and no start date given.
Due to funding issues by all accounts.
Novelty wearing off already?
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
September 20, 2023, 2:10pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Probably not economically viable, mountains of cash or not; spending for the sake of it isn’t sensible. My understanding is there’s been issues with the council for years, perhaps they’re still cynical about the yank involvement…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
ska face
September 20, 2023, 2:16pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from GYinScuntland
New kop not going to be ready for next season now and no start date given.
Due to funding issues by all accounts.
Novelty wearing off already?

Sounds like technicalities more than anything -

The new Kop will not be open for the start of the 2024/25 season with a projected build period of 12 months from commencement on site. There is no date for starting on site, as several matters need to be resolved before that can be confirmed.

To enable a contract to build the Kop to be signed, the grant funding agreement from Wrexham County Borough Council needs to be finalised and the Club satisfied that the conditions attached to the funding offer can be fulfilled. It is hoped that these negotiations will be completed before the end of October 2023.

There are several conditions that the Club needs to be satisfied can be fulfilled which includes, but are not limited to:

- The collapse of the existing lease structure at the STōK Cae Ras. Good progress has been made with the WST in this regard, with an update on the position due to be announced soon by the WST.

-     Confirmation of the requirements to meet UEFA’s Category 4 stadium status and that these can be achieved. A report is awaited from UEFA after a stadium visit.

From a practical perspective, to allow a contractor to commence, the following works also needs to be completed:

-     Permanent diversion of existing sewer away from the land required for the Kop with Welsh Water and Admiral Taverns (owners of The Turf).

-     Removal of a low voltage cable and substation that serves the student accommodation that runs across the land required for the Kop with SPEN and Wrexham University. Power needs to be always retained to the student accommodation and the University now have planning permission to build a new substation to facilitate this.

Further updates will be issued in due course when progress is made.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Heisenberg
September 20, 2023, 3:10pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,068
Gold Stars: 93
I was gonna post about this today. I’ve started watching season 2 of the Wrexham thing, and episode 1 blew my mind - Rob and Ryan were waiting for a decision from the government on getting £20m (the full construction value) from the levelling up fund - Shaun Harvey must have told them they had a good chance! Now, I’m sorry, but two of the Hollywood glitterati applying for £20m of funding so they don’t have to raid their own savings was NEVER gonna get the OK, ever. That idiot must have got their hopes up. I couldn’t believe how surprised they were when it was turned down!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 20, 2023, 3:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Heisenberg
I was gonna post about this today. I’ve started watching season 2 of the Wrexham thing, and episode 1 blew my mind - Rob and Ryan were waiting for a decision from the government on getting £20m (the full construction value) from the levelling up fund - Shaun Harvey must have told them they had a good chance! Now, I’m sorry, but two of the Hollywood glitterati applying for £20m of funding so they don’t have to raid their own savings was NEVER gonna get the OK, ever. That idiot must have got their hopes up. I couldn’t believe how surprised they were when it was turned down!!!

And quite right that it does get turned down. On the scale of pisstakes that would’ve been right up there with holloways darts club.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Heisenberg
September 20, 2023, 3:14pm
Brandy Drinker
….as an aside, episode 2 was an eye opener and very clever of the producers to add a human side to things. It was about a Wrexham fan with autism, and the parallels with Paul Mullin’s young boy who has just been diagnosed with autism at age 3 - it affected me as my son also has it, and whilst I mildly dislike Mullin as a footballer, I felt for him. Life can be tough even in his situation.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
DB
September 20, 2023, 3:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
September 20, 2023, 3:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Heisenberg
….as an aside, episode 2 was an eye opener and very clever of the producers to add a human side to things. It was about a Wrexham fan with autism, and the parallels with Paul Mullin’s young boy who has just been diagnosed with autism at age 3 - it affected me as my son also has it, and whilst I mildly dislike Mullin as a footballer, I felt for him. Life can be tough even in his situation.

Thanks for the heads up. My son also has ASD so the wife may be interested in it too.

Really appreciate that. Was going to give this series a miss. James McLean was on the late late show (with Patrick kielty) last week and believe he chatted about ASD and his own diagnosis

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Heisenberg
September 20, 2023, 3:46pm
Brandy Drinker
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Thanks for the heads up. My son also has ASD so the wife may be interested in it too.

Really appreciate that. Was going to give this series a miss. James McLean was on the late late show (with Patrick kielty) last week and believe he chatted about ASD and his own diagnosis

You should both watch Season 2 Episode 2, it’s proper tv, no Hollywood schmaltz. 8K a week sounds nice, but Mullin is hurting as a person.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
lukeo
September 20, 2023, 3:48pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Feel the same as above, very interesting watch. My step son has ASD and we're pretty sure my wife does to but she hasn't been diagnosed. Yet.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham Kop out?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.