Mappers
September 8, 2023, 7:32pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,330
Gold Stars: 118
https://gtfc.co.uk/introducing-gtfc-145/

Should make for a good day ,hopefully we pack BP out .
Logged Offline
Private Message
grimsby pete
September 8, 2023, 10:05pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
Sounds good it will be even better if we win 4-0  

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 17
DB
September 9, 2023, 5:51am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
A good initiative from the club for fans, 14.5% discount in the shop sounds like a good deal to me .

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 17
lew chaterleys lover
September 9, 2023, 7:15am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,723
Gold Stars: 237
The 150th isnt far away and will be special. Wouldn't it be nice if we could celebrate it in a higher division, and conclude it with a promotion.?!

Talking of retro kits which the club are asking fans to wear, I saw a picture of Tommy Briggs the other day in his shirt of the era and I hope we can have one based on that some day soon. The simplicity of it with its equidistant stripes and black socks with white tops was quite evocative.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 17
pizzzza
September 9, 2023, 8:38am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Looks good.

At what point does a shirt become retro? Is it any shirt from before the current season? Or does it have to be at least X years old?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 17
moosey_club
September 9, 2023, 8:59am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,266
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from pizzzza
Looks good.

At what point does a shirt become retro? Is it any shirt from before the current season? Or does it have to be at least X years old?

I guess that's a generational thing, retro to me means 70's but regards football kits as Town didnt really start with replica shirts until some point in the mid- late 80's then you can't really go back alot further than that...unless you have a match worn official team shirt of course.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 17
arryarryarry
September 9, 2023, 4:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,043
Gold Stars: 116
The 150th isnt far away and will be special. Wouldn't it be nice if we could celebrate it in a higher division, and conclude it with a promotion.?!

Talking of retro kits which the club are asking fans to wear, I saw a picture of Tommy Briggs the other day in his shirt of the era and I hope we can have one based on that some day soon. The simplicity of it with its equidistant stripes and black socks with white tops was quite evocative.

Seems a bit strange to celebrate the 145th why not leave it to a proper anniversary like the 150th unless the current owners are thinking along the lines of not being here then.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 17
The Caterham Mariner
September 9, 2023, 7:23pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

I guess that's a generational thing, retro to me means 70's but regards football kits as Town didnt really start with replica shirts until some point in the mid- late 80's then you can't really go back alot further than that...unless you have a match worn official team shirt of course.

Sunday afternoon Radio 2 "Sounds  of the 70's" right up your street but not the fashion ..Thank you .

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 17
SouthLakesMariner
September 10, 2023, 1:56am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Approval: +939
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from moosey_club

Hats off to anyone who turns up in a genuine shirt from that era. I’ve got a couple but there’s no way I’m getting into either of them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 17
The Caterham Mariner
September 10, 2023, 7:34am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner

Hats off to anyone who turns up in a genuine shirt from that era. I’ve got a couple but there’s no way I’m getting into either of them.

Best kept saved in a draw or on a wall on display .like me you've enjoyed  life and expanded over time.
I like the idea the club thinking out the box a rehearsal  for the 150th comes to mind Crikey !!! I would be 62 yrs old then , definitely  "Pop up" for that event and fish & Chips down the "Prom"
Happy days UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 17
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 145th Anniversary Celebrations

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.