headingly_mariner
August 22, 2023, 12:35am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,378
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Hagrid
Amazes me that some can ever hold the view that he should play football again. Good riddance to him, and his Girlfriend who chose money over justice

A touch of the old victim blaming there. The poor woman was the victim of sexual violence and domestic abuse. It takes victims of domestic abuse 7 attempts to leave an abusive partner on average.

The psychological damage caused by that sort of abuse from someone they love would cloud lots of peoples judgment.

The boy is a girl private and should be in prison.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 35
Heisenberg
August 22, 2023, 7:03am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from headingly_mariner

A touch of the old victim blaming there. The poor woman was the victim of sexual violence and domestic abuse. It takes victims of domestic abuse 7 attempts to leave an abusive partner on average.

The psychological damage caused by that sort of abuse from someone they love would cloud lots of peoples judgment.

The boy is a girl private and should be in prison.

He is most likely a despicable person, but something has happened that actually makes the Man Utd hierarchy believe that he is not guilty of anything and has been dealt a bad card. I have absolutely no idea what this is and I do also believe it most likely that he’s a scumbag, but we don’t know the full story here, not one of us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 35
diehardmariner
August 22, 2023, 9:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Yes, he was just pretending to force himself upon her (whilst she was secretly recording him).  Then she just happened to fall upon his fists leaving her blooded, bruised and battered.  If anything, he's just misunderstood...

He got off because the victim dropped out.  That's it, there's no hidden evidence or anything of the sort.  He's a flipping scumbag who has wriggled his way out of justice.  

The Middle East is the only place his career can continue, he'll probably be welcomed there like a hero.  

Private Message
Reply: 22 - 35
ska face
August 22, 2023, 9:39am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Heisenberg

He is most likely a despicable person, but something has happened that actually makes the Man Utd hierarchy believe that he is not guilty of anything and has been dealt a bad card. I have absolutely no idea what this is l

I believe that would be the gigantic flashing pound-signs above his head.

Seriously, if you can’t have principles (never mind morals) at a club like Man Utd where money is no object, then there’s something personally wrong with you.

Greenwood is a sex case and the best thing he could wish for at this stage is a quick two-footer to the knees ending his career and all the worry about whether he should be on any pitch.

But yes, I’m glad our home form has picked up. We often hear the standard line from people that BP is a tough place to go, not always been the case in recent years. Atmosphere is generally dog, though.
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 35
Teestogreen
August 22, 2023, 11:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Well done Helsenberg for adding a bit of sensible perspective to the Man U position on him
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 35
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 23, 2023, 12:23am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,842
Gold Stars: 178
Couldn’t care less about mason greenwood tbh and am not sure how something like his, let’s say, misdemeanours
Would go down with our board especially with them trying to gain BCorp status.

How many times do we hear about this with footballers? Is it because they are in the public eye or is it the gutter press wanting to shift a few more copies so they decide to grotesquely embellish the stories. A fair few seem to think that they are above the law. As chalky says, when the murderer rocked up at meadow lane trouble seemed to follow him around. I was just pleased it wasn’t us he signed for.

Ched evans is another one, though am not sure what the true extent of his being found not guilty is, but I do seem to recall f***y wanting to sign him and some mysterious backer had been found to cover his wages.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 35
GollyGTFC
August 23, 2023, 10:10am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Youngy
Home record in League and Cup for 2023 so far

P16, W7, D7, L2

For all the talk of lack of home form, having lost only 2 in 16 is impressive. Show's we are hard to beat at BP but clearly we have to convert some of the ponderous draws into wins. We only scored more then 1 goal in 4 of them games (Luton, Crewe, Leyton Orient and Salford) and it's only 5 league win's in 14.

The concern about home form is legitimate. Although it has picked up with 3 consecutive wins at the end of last season and 3 unbeaten at the start of this season.

After 20 home league games last season we had only won 4. You can understand why the jury is still out from some.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 26 - 35
Sandford1981
August 23, 2023, 2:10pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Heisenberg

He is most likely a despicable person, but something has happened that actually makes the Man Utd hierarchy believe that he is not guilty of anything and has been dealt a bad card. I have absolutely no idea what this is and I do also believe it most likely that he’s a scumbag, but we don’t know the full story here, not one of us.

The hierarchy based their decision on evidence from Mason Greenwood and then acted on a misconception about the case being dropped.
This isn’t a secret and has been documented several times on various articles on the subject mainly in The Athletic who broke news of his planned reintegration.
The notion that Manchester United found no evidence is not evidence of him having been dealt a bad card. It’s indicative of a blinkered ‘investigation’ that was not fit for its purpose given the serious ramifications. Based on the questionable results they decided to overlook his conduct because his footballing ability trumps their morality.
The backlash from the fans is what changed their minds and thankfully so but it still didn’t stop them publishing a god awful and shameful statement, that made me want to disappear up my own anus just to escape it.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 35
GollyGTFC
August 27, 2023, 2:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Hagrid
Amazes me that some can ever hold the view that he should play football again. Good riddance to him, and his Girlfriend who chose money over justice

Wow. That is an absolutely vile and disgusting comment. I hope it is due to ignorance on your part and upon reflection you’ll realise how appalling it is.

Or do you think anything to that happens to her from this point on at his hands is her fault?

You do understand there are over 1.5m domestic violence related incidents recorded by police forces in the UK each year. If it was so simple for abuse victims to escape from abusive partners that wouldn’t be the case would it?

The toll on the mental health of the victims must be indescribable. Abusers isolate their victims. Stop them seeing their friends and family. Make them totally dependent on them for everything. They control their finances. They control where the victim can and can’t go. What they can and can’t wear. And the victim has no say in all the things that in a normal healthy relationship are agreed between 2 equal people (like when they have sex).

For you to throw some blame on to a victim who, unsurprisingly given what appears to have happened to her and how it has been played out in public, isn’t strong enough to break the cycle of abuse is quite frankly despicable.

Domestic abuse victims aren’t fixed when the cuts and bruises are all healed.

1 in 4 women in the UK have been the victims of domestic abuse.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 28 - 35
GollyGTFC
August 27, 2023, 2:45pm

Whiskey Drinker
Oh and we must beat Gillingham next Saturday.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 29 - 35
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Home Record - 2023

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.