forza ivano
August 22, 2023, 3:12pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,185
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from RichMariner
Five teams have gone to Wrexham and scored five goals since the start of 2021/22 — Dover, Grimsby, Barnet, Mk Dons, Swindon.

I can only think of three occasions in our recent (poor) history when we've conceded 5 at BP:

Donny in 2017
Burnley in 2002
Charlton in 1999

Have I missed any out? And how far back do we need to go to find the next two occasions?

Also, dare I say it, but if they bin Parky they'll likely go for someone like Steve Evans on the advice of Shaun Harvey!!

Trouble is, that obnoxious c*nt would get them.promted straight off! Mate of mine played for him n the stories of him n rayner are unreal. A more obnoxious individual would be difficult to meet. Rayner  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 41
Mappers
August 22, 2023, 3:25pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
Quoted from Humbercod

Il bet you £100 they finish top 3

I don't see it , top 7 maybe but I doubt top 3 - league 2 is such a weird league historically - Salford must have what ? Double our budget and we beat them convincingly - so many similiar results ; I'm certain there will be at least 1 suprise automatic promotion (hopefully us ) - Wimbledon I think will do well actually  after that 1st game , Swindon are much better than I expected and then there's Barrow who with Wild might contend . And lot's more besides .

Mansfield look class but they seem to need a hell of a lot of chances to score . Donny sound in a mess already and they want the older lad at the back from Rotherham to retire after 3 games he's been awful apparently . Bradford in meltdown again . Stockport starting slowly again .

Gillingham are grinding results out , that will be an interesting game in a couple of weeks as Harris is the closest manager in the league to Hurst in terms of style and pragmatic approach ; it might be another one that gets our regulars foaming at the mouth if we cancel each other out . Hopefully we take that game to them a bit.

Walsall I fancied to do well at the start of the season , so another tough test Saturday ,I would take another draw as that would maintain our reasonable start ; but hopefully nick a win and that would turn it into a really good start IMO .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 41
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Wrexham

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.