Green27
August 19, 2023, 11:23am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +15 / -6
Approval: +888
Gold Stars: 12
Well let’s see how this one goes!

We’re joined by Burnsy on Tuesday. If you have any questions add them to the link below!

https://app.sli.do/event/2KQ4brNbXQ96VjcYKpxrsE

We do the DN35 Podcast
Logged Offline
Private Message
male private Nale
August 19, 2023, 12:56pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Excellent commentator and interviewer. Never shirked from asking the tough questions.

Unlike most of the compliant, if not sycophantic commentators we are left with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
denni266
August 19, 2023, 6:53pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Alwase liked his style and his morning program on humberside. Haven't tuned in to Humberside since he was got rid of
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
male private Nale
August 19, 2023, 8:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: -919
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from denni266
Alwase liked his style and his morning program on humberside. Haven't tuned in to Humberside since he was got rid of

Yes albeit heavily weighted to Hull, it was still a decent morning show, I haven't listened either since his departure.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Manchester Mariner
August 19, 2023, 10:40pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
I enjoyed Burnsy on the radio especially when he talked about the ire of the 'rate payers' or had people on the phone angry about skips in their street or traffic lights. Burnsy is what local radio is all about and it's a shame he's gone.

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
dapperz fun pub
August 20, 2023, 10:36am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
Burnsy should have declared himself trans gender or declared himself as a cat or something crackers like that , they would have kept him on job done ✅
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
tarka
August 20, 2023, 1:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Burnsy should have declared himself trans gender or declared himself as a cat or something crackers like that , they would have kept him on job done ✅

What an unbelievable stupid thing to say. Quite remarkable as David Coleman used to say. Jesus!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
diehardmariner
August 20, 2023, 3:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,630
Gold Stars: 539
Always felt like I was diving into a midlife crisis when I a) found myself listening to his show and b) nodding away furiously with him.

Enjoyed his insight into football as well. I know JT is a cult hero but I much preferred Burns' more honest style of commentating and then interviewing post-match.

Looking forward to this podcast and hearing his thoughts on what he's seen/endured from a GTFC perspective.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
Yarborough Vaults
August 20, 2023, 4:14pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Really sad when Burnsy got the chop, he's the epitome of an excellent local voice speaking on our behalf about issues that matter. Can't see any way someone other than an HR bean counter could say getting rid was a good thing.

I'm not anti BBC like many, and happily pay the licence fee as think it's good value and great content, but losing voices and presences like Burnsy reflects badly on them and future direction.

Will look forward to the DN35 pod
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
dapperz fun pub
August 20, 2023, 5:56pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,954
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from tarka

What an unbelievable stupid thing to say. Quite remarkable as David Coleman used to say. Jesus!

Why was it stupid ? Burnsy doesn’t fit the criteria of a bbc employee anymore if you choose not to believe that in the words of del totter ‘ you plonker ‘
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › DN35 Burnsy Interview

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.