Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: Green27, August 19, 2023, 11:23am
Well let’s see how this one goes!

We’re joined by Burnsy on Tuesday. If you have any questions add them to the link below!

https://app.sli.do/event/2KQ4brNbXQ96VjcYKpxrsE
Posted by: male private Nale, August 19, 2023, 12:56pm; Reply: 1
Excellent commentator and interviewer. Never shirked from asking the tough questions.

Unlike most of the compliant, if not sycophantic commentators we are left with.
Posted by: denni266, August 19, 2023, 6:53pm; Reply: 2
Alwase liked his style and his morning program on humberside. Haven't tuned in to Humberside since he was got rid of
Posted by: male private Nale, August 19, 2023, 8:51pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from denni266
Alwase liked his style and his morning program on humberside. Haven't tuned in to Humberside since he was got rid of

Yes albeit heavily weighted to Hull, it was still a decent morning show, I haven't listened either since his departure.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, August 19, 2023, 10:40pm; Reply: 4
I enjoyed Burnsy on the radio especially when he talked about the ire of the 'rate payers' or had people on the phone angry about skips in their street or traffic lights. Burnsy is what local radio is all about and it's a shame he's gone.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 20, 2023, 10:36am; Reply: 5
Burnsy should have declared himself trans gender or declared himself as a cat or something crackers like that , they would have kept him on job done ✅
Posted by: tarka, August 20, 2023, 1:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Burnsy should have declared himself trans gender or declared himself as a cat or something crackers like that , they would have kept him on job done ✅

What an unbelievable stupid thing to say. Quite remarkable as David Coleman used to say. Jesus!
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 20, 2023, 3:38pm; Reply: 7
Always felt like I was diving into a midlife crisis when I a) found myself listening to his show and b) nodding away furiously with him.

Enjoyed his insight into football as well. I know JT is a cult hero but I much preferred Burns' more honest style of commentating and then interviewing post-match.

Looking forward to this podcast and hearing his thoughts on what he's seen/endured from a GTFC perspective.
Posted by: Yarborough Vaults, August 20, 2023, 4:14pm; Reply: 8
Really sad when Burnsy got the chop, he's the epitome of an excellent local voice speaking on our behalf about issues that matter. Can't see any way someone other than an HR bean counter could say getting rid was a good thing.

I'm not anti BBC like many, and happily pay the licence fee as think it's good value and great content, but losing voices and presences like Burnsy reflects badly on them and future direction.

Will look forward to the DN35 pod
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 20, 2023, 5:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from tarka

What an unbelievable stupid thing to say. Quite remarkable as David Coleman used to say. Jesus!

Why was it stupid ? Burnsy doesn’t fit the criteria of a bbc employee anymore if you choose not to believe that in the words of del totter ‘ you plonker ‘
Posted by: chaos33, August 20, 2023, 6:04pm; Reply: 10
Point at a transgender or self identifying cat presenter then.
Posted by: male private Nale, August 20, 2023, 8:48pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from tarka

Sergeant no fun in the building I see.

Tarka the fun vacuum
Posted by: male private Nale, August 20, 2023, 8:49pm; Reply: 12
The only 'Tranny' I want to hear about is a long wheel based one.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 21, 2023, 8:55am; Reply: 13
Quoted from chaos33
Point at a transgender or self identifying cat presenter then.

Cat Dean
Posted by: chaos33, August 21, 2023, 11:33am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

Cat Dean

😂
Very good mate
Posted by: Green27, August 22, 2023, 10:10pm; Reply: 15
Thanks for all your questions I hope we did you justice. You can download the show below.

https://dn35.podbean.com/e/interview-with-david-burns/

Posted by: bradzmilne, August 22, 2023, 11:39pm; Reply: 16
Really enjoyed that gents. Thanks for putting it together  
Posted by: blundellpork, August 23, 2023, 2:20pm; Reply: 17
That was a great listen. I’m sorry to lose Burns from local radio. He genuinely asked owners and managers the questions that fans wanted asking and was always happy to tell someone their reply was flannel and to have another go.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 23, 2023, 2:44pm; Reply: 18
Really enjoyed that think it’s a case of you don’t know what you got till it’s gone
Posted by: sam gy, August 23, 2023, 2:52pm; Reply: 19
Great interview and a big loss to radio.

Interesting when he mentioned being nominated the Fishy twit of the year or whatever its called, two years in a row....i suspect for talking negative about the club/calling the club out.  Just goes to show how blinkered football fans can be about their club....
Posted by: ska face, August 23, 2023, 3:23pm; Reply: 20
Good listen that, well worth an hour. Interesting to hear Burns reveal he’s fond of Willies, which contradicts those claiming he was given the boot because of a woke liberal agenda.
Posted by: Yarborough Vaults, August 23, 2023, 7:05pm; Reply: 21
Great listen, thanks for putting it together and hope you can do another one with him at some stage as felt like plenty more to discuss. Crazy he's not still doing Radip Humbs and even though he had a good case to moan about the way he was treated, he kept it classy there. Mark of the man.
Posted by: Mappers, August 23, 2023, 7:19pm; Reply: 22
There were some great points , he even managed to keep it respectful to our former primary funder .

It was interesting how he thought the Buckley team was under appreciated in terms of crowd numbers at the time , hard to disagree . Crazy we are getting 2 or 3k more now regularly when the quality of football back then was on a different level .
Posted by: ginnywings, August 23, 2023, 7:25pm; Reply: 23
Good interview, enjoyed it.

Didn't know he was a sweaty by birth.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, August 23, 2023, 7:32pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Mappers
There were some great points , he even managed to keep it respectful to our former primary funder .

It was interesting how he thought the Buckley team was under appreciated in terms of crowd numbers at the time , hard to disagree . Crazy we are getting 2 or 3k more now regularly when the quality of football back then was on a different level .

He also reminded me, us, how good a team we had under George Kerr et al and the quality of football provided by a side with so many local players. I always think back to Tom Casey and wonder if he would have proved a goof manager if we had stuck with him but always be grateful that he gave so many youngsters their chance. Along with 71/72 my favourite period watching town was that late seventies to mid eighties period.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 24, 2023, 11:58am; Reply: 25
Quoted from ginnywings
Good interview, enjoyed it.

Didn't know he was a sweaty by birth.

Even had a night named after him!  :)
Posted by: pizzzza, August 24, 2023, 12:50pm; Reply: 26
Yes, enjoyed the interview although I was not entirely convinced at the end by the old "I only have 5% battery left, bye" trick.
Posted by: A.l.f., August 24, 2023, 9:09pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from pizzzza
Yes, enjoyed the interview although I was not entirely convinced at the end by the old "I only have 5% battery left, bye" trick.

To be fair his phone did make a low battery noise.
Good interview and enjoyed it.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 4:40am