aldi_01
August 16, 2023, 10:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from diehardmariner
As an individual he's truly odious.  Every interview I see/hear with him he just comes across as an awful human being, even more so when he's trying to be friendly and warm.  It's about as genuine as his highlighted tips.

Every player I've heard when asked about him says the same thing; horrible person but somehow just manages to get the best out of player.

He's a bit of a recurring theme on the excellent Undrthecosh podcast, I'd recommend it to anyone - especially the Daniel Nardiello episode where he talks about when Evans managed to effectively excrement on his own shirt on the team bus!

Remember the party Crawley players had when he chased the money elsewhere…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 24
Sandford1981
August 16, 2023, 11:51am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from Yoda
Love him or hate him you must admit he’s a great manager.
Got Stevenage joint top of league one, from bottom of league two to top of league one is some achievement.

Steve Evans is not a great manager!
Getting Stevenage promoted was admirable.
Them being joint top after 3 games is no achievement at all.
Apart from that a good attempt at a wind up!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 24
tashee69
August 16, 2023, 2:22pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Rep Score: +28 / -4
Approval: +958
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Yoda
Love him or hate him you must admit he’s a great manager.
Got Stevenage joint top of league one, from bottom of league two to top of league one is some achievement.

Too much of a tinker man for my liking 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Baldrick ! The only impression you can do is that of a man with no talent !!
GTFC team 09/10 - Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick, Baldrick.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 24
Rasen 17
August 16, 2023, 4:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Approval: +40
Gold Stars: 2
Cannot  understand why anyone responds in any way at all to posts from Yoda .l see his name and now l don't  even read anything he says. Of no importance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 24
Les Brechin
August 16, 2023, 4:37pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Steve Evans is an odious sharp object, never mind how good a football manager he is.

Not a lot would stop me going to see Town but if he ever became Town manager I'd have to give it serious consideration.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 24
Yoda
August 16, 2023, 7:00pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,162
Gold Stars: 71
I didn’t say i wanted him at town but you have to admire his record in management.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 24
aldi_01
August 16, 2023, 8:30pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Yoda
I didn’t say i wanted him at town but you have to admire his record in management.

So we ignore all his illegal wrong doings, the fact he is a true cretin and odious person, a person that missed training after finding out Keith Alexander had a serious brain condition and drove to Lincoln and offered his services, sub letting accommodation and pocketing the difference and the fact he is a massive girl private?

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 24
Azimuth
August 16, 2023, 8:56pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +694
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from aldi_01

So we ignore all his illegal wrong doings, the fact he is a true cretin and odious person, a person that missed training after finding out Keith Alexander had a serious brain condition and drove to Lincoln and offered his services, sub letting accommodation and pocketing the difference and the fact he is a massive girl private?

To be fair the original post did start with "Love him or hate him you must admit he’s a great manager".

We all know he is a appalling person, even a dreadful excuse of a human being, however his record as a football manager is decent in terms of success on the pitch is decent with teams who had under achieved under former managment.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 24
Sandford1981
August 16, 2023, 9:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from aldi_01

Apart from that he’s a stand up guy!!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 24
GtfcGarner
August 16, 2023, 9:43pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Horrible bloke but a serial winner. Why some people would stop going if he was appointed manager is baffling.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 24
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Steve Evans

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.