Reply: 80 - 92
chipsandgravy
August 15, 2023, 9:47pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,613
Gold Stars: 37
Good win and a good all round team performance. Towns impressive pressing stopped Salford playing and was the foundation of the win.
Sending off no doubt helped - and only wished we could have got a couple more which we deserved.
A number of decent performances but will give a special mention to Amos and Holohan who made it difficult not to pick them on Saturday.
At last a system that we seemed more comfortable with.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 92
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 15, 2023, 9:47pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Nice to get that first win of the season. A good front foot performance from everyone. As JT eluded to ‘round pegs in round holes in every position’.

In Eisa, rose and especially conteh, we have an exciting front line. Rodgers and mullarkey just make us look more solid at the back.

Improved in every transfer window. By Jove it appears we have!

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 92
forza ivano
August 15, 2023, 9:49pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,210
Gold Stars: 265
looking forward to hearing positive reviews from Herve, Yoda , It Bites and Son of in tonight's just back thread................
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 92
Blundellite
August 15, 2023, 9:49pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18

Grimsby Town won tonight

Hence the well down town 😉
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 92
Madeleymariner
August 15, 2023, 9:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Great win, everyone had a good game Conteh outstanding just seems to have an extra yard to play in. Good press at the right times as well. Like commentary said round pegs in round holes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 92
denni266
August 15, 2023, 10:00pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +702
Gold Stars: 132
Thats better. . Changes made a differance from saturday , We was a lot more ballanced  overall  On to saturday we go
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 92
sonofmadeleymariner
August 15, 2023, 10:00pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +20 / -9
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from forza ivano
looking forward to hearing positive reviews from Herve, Yoda , It Bites and Son of in tonight's just back thread................

It was nice of Salford to do their best impression of us tonight, sat deep hoofing the ball aimlessly to a loan striker.

Someone should check of Hurst make sure he's OK. High pressing football, only one deep midfielder instead of 5, loan striker being supported, he'll clearly gone delusional.

In all seriousness, I am still Hurst out. I don't think he's a good manager I didn't in his 1st spell and our best performances seem to always come when he goes against the grain like tonight.

We played well tonight even if we didn't really make full use of it in the furst half, but it also has to be said thats got to be the most unSalford like performances we've seen. They looked like we do most weeks. Eisa and Rodgers all played well, game change completely in our favour with the red, and I'd love to know what Hurst used to blackmail Moddlesbough with into lettibg us have Conteh.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 92
Hagrid
August 15, 2023, 10:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,433
Gold Stars: 536

It was nice of Salford to do their best impression of us tonight, sat deep hoofing the ball aimlessly to a loan striker.

Someone should check of Hurst make sure he's OK. High pressing football, only one deep midfielder instead of 5, loan striker being supported, he'll clearly gone delusional.

In all seriousness, I am still Hurst out. I don't think he's a good manager I didn't in his 1st spell and our best performances seem to always come when he goes against the grain like tonight.

We played well tonight even if we didn't really make full use of it in the furst half, but it also has to be said thats got to be the most unSalford like performances we've seen. They looked like we do most weeks. Eisa and Rodgers all played well, game change completely in our favour with the red, and I'd love to know what Hurst used to blackmail Moddlesbough with into lettibg us have Conteh.

You sound very bitter that Town/Hurst have proven you wrong. Again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 92
Mappers
August 15, 2023, 10:11pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,341
Gold Stars: 119

Sweet jesus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 92
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Match Thread Salford

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.