4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
moosey_club
August 13, 2023, 4:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,269
Gold Stars: 226
Having listened to first few minutes of that interview...
Average ball in play time at league 2 was 48 mins last season ?
Jeez...I want a 42% reduction in match prices ....

Neville stating that "nobody in the game feels cheated on time" based on him asking a fans rep of each of the 20 PL teams and only 4 or 5 them felt they were.....well that's some that do then Gary 😁

I also think I have the solution to this....link the refs watch to the scoreboard or the fourth official has a large stopwatch display and just stop the watch when the game is genuinely stopped. That way you get 45 mins of a game and no need to add extra at the end.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 34
Mayaman
August 13, 2023, 4:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,416
Gold Stars: 74
Poor footie players who have access to the state of the art nutritional needs and physical care.  They get paid to keep fit as it is so important these days.  Imagine running round a ploughed field kicking a rock-like ball (especially when sodden) the morning after a night on the town and a bag of chips.  You didnt even get much time for a ciggie so you had to squeeze your twenty in after the game on Saturdays.  Think of the poor buggers of yesteryear.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 34
supertown
August 13, 2023, 4:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,459
Gold Stars: 53
Really? What difference would 5 minutes make really
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 34
Teestogreen
August 13, 2023, 4:15pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Tees and Green only had 1 sub to get them off the pitch - with a couple of minutes injury time - thems weretd days
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 34
golfer
August 13, 2023, 4:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,444
Gold Stars: 116
Fcuck the players - it means I'll miss my bus and my place in the fish shop queue
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 34
mimma
August 13, 2023, 4:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,573
Gold Stars: 78
I'm I reading this right??  They are allowing more injury time because of time wasting, so they now suggest nocking 5 minutes off each half because it tires the players!
Why not just leave it as it is if that is the case???
Total madness!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 34
Teestogreen
August 13, 2023, 4:49pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -156
Gold Stars: 23
Can see you’re a good bunch 🤙
I saw Howard Webb as well - and it looks like these early season extended halves will be reduced after a couple of weeks / or before they have destroyed the game - I hope.
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 34
diehardmariner
August 13, 2023, 5:28pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,632
Gold Stars: 539
I like the new rule to be honest.

I think it'll favour us (first half yesterday) as much as it will punish us.

But it's a shock tactic to stop the time wasting, as is the tough stance on players gobbing off at the ref.

As a side note, I thought the ref yesterday was excellent. Took no excrement and was consistent with his decisions.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 34
Madeleymariner
August 13, 2023, 5:40pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,059
Gold Stars: 50
Dont get why it will ruin the game, didn't ruin it yesterday just meant I got more bang for my buck. If players get injured as a result its the same for all teams and fans. Lets face it ball in play for 42% of the game but we still get injuries and Prem Clubs have 11 internationals sitting on their bench so most players can be replaced
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 34
Yarborough Vaults
August 13, 2023, 6:35pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.28
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +214
Gold Stars: 32
Quoted from moosey_club
I saw Webb quoted as saying that the extra time experienced in the first week of EFL fixtures should settle down and shouldn't be much more than 3mins on average......so whats the point of making it a new thing and advising all clubs if you are going to bottle it.....clearly he was running scared from PL onlookers who saw 10mins coming up as some sort of threat to their lives ..or more importantly TV schedules.
The near 10 minute added we got first half yesterday and then 7 min second half added makes for a long game.
Poor old Danny Rose looked fcked with about 15 mins to go which then turned in 20 plus. Wouldn't be suprised if he has a reaction to that today.

They're not bottling it though, they're anticipating players stopping acting like great big wet farnays when faced with direct consequences of attempted time wasting. Brilliant idea to be fair and it may have been my imagination but I did see a couple players getting up quickly yesterday after initial death rolls
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 40 minute halves

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.