2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
wuffing
August 12, 2023, 10:39am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
... from Cleethorpes station. Do they ever learn?! Train rammed already before reaching Grimsby station. These train companies are worse than useless. Surely one extra carriage on a day like today. Where are the decision makers? No-one seems to care anymore.

Rant over. Suppose I could have got there differently. Atmosphere buzzing.

Come on you mighty Mariners

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
August 12, 2023, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
But if they cram them on, annoy a few shoppers and get some photos of lads having some cans they can spin it as hooligans on tour…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Mappers
August 12, 2023, 1:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,324
Gold Stars: 118
There is about 100 of their officers waiting at the Notts station for the away train I think and they are all over the station outside ,meat waggons allover.

It's all a bit overkill isn't it surely and a waste of resources
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
Davec
August 12, 2023, 1:18pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,451
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from wuffing
... from Cleethorpes station. Do they ever learn?! Train rammed already before reaching Grimsby station. These train companies are worse than useless. Surely one extra carriage on a day like today. Where are the decision makers? No-one seems to care anymore.

East Midlands Railway unfortunately simply don't have the rolling stock to throw on billions of extra carriages, also some trains was already strengthened from 2 carriages to 4, they have done their best with what they have got available
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
toontown
August 12, 2023, 1:41pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from wuffing

With the way trains are in this country I'd just be glad it's running!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Madeleymariner
August 12, 2023, 10:44pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,057
Gold Stars: 50
Glad our EMR train back towards Crewe was 10 mins late as would have had to kill an hour waiting for the next one that we expected to catch Thanks for not being any good EMR you got me home an hour earlier than I expected.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
GYinScuntland
August 12, 2023, 10:47pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from toontown

With the way trains are in this country I'd just be glad it's running!

And that's the way we're being conditioned in this country.
Take everything away and the plebs will be grateful for every little scrap thrown back.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
LH
August 12, 2023, 10:51pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,526
Gold Stars: 173
Not sure they can simply just put on one extra carriage as the trains are in three or four car rakes with each car perfoming a different action (tractor unit, driver car). They’d have to put on an 3/4 car rake which is harder to do with low levels of rolling stock available so they’d lose a service later in the day. There’s a poster on here who works for EMR who can probably confirm or deny this information. I used to test individual cars and rakes post renovation but mostly on electric trains where extra cars could easily be added.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
barralad
August 12, 2023, 11:00pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from LH
Not sure they can simply just put on one extra carriage as the trains are in three or four car rakes with each car perfoming a different action (tractor unit, driver car). They’d have to put on an 3/4 car rake which is harder to do with low levels of rolling stock available so they’d lose a service later in the day. There’s a poster on here who works for EMR who can probably confirm or deny this information. I used to test individual cars and rakes post renovation but mostly on electric trains where extra cars could easily be added.

I was speaking to a platform manager at Nottingham whilst waiting for my train. He told me the main reason why they didnt put on another two units was that regardless of the number of fans travelling the train would have to stop at the designated stops for that service and most of them do not have platforms long enough to cope with 4 coaches..also, (and I was amazed by this) there is legally no maximum number that a train can carry.
Anybody who had gone to Lincoln for the day would have struggled with what turned out to be the last train to Town today.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
DB
August 13, 2023, 10:00am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from barralad

I was speaking to a platform manager at Nottingham whilst waiting for my train. He told me the main reason why they didnt put on another two units was that regardless of the number of fans travelling the train would have to stop at the designated stops for that service and most of them do not have platforms long enough to cope with 4 coaches..also, (and I was amazed by this) there is legally no maximum number that a train can carry.
Anybody who had gone to Lincoln for the day would have struggled with what turned out to be the last train to Town today.

I may be wrong but I'm led to believe that you buy a ticket for the journey, NOT a seat!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
Grantham_Mariner
August 13, 2023, 10:10am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,187
Gold Stars: 51
Another problem with EMR is that they have changer the type of units they use. The old type (Class 156) could be linked together enabling guard/ticket inspector to walk through from one end to the other. Their new units (Class 170) do not allow this and would need a guard/ ticket inspector in each unit, which EMR do not have enough of.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
barralad
August 13, 2023, 7:07pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from DB

I may be wrong but I'm led to believe that you buy a ticket for the journey, NOT a seat!

No mate you're right. Their contract with you is to get you there.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Just going

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.