Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: wuffing, August 12, 2023, 10:39am
... from Cleethorpes station. Do they ever learn?! Train rammed already before reaching Grimsby station. These train companies are worse than useless. Surely one extra carriage on a day like today. Where are the decision makers? No-one seems to care anymore.

Rant over. Suppose I could have got there differently. Atmosphere buzzing.

Come on you mighty Mariners
Posted by: aldi_01, August 12, 2023, 10:46am; Reply: 1
But if they cram them on, annoy a few shoppers and get some photos of lads having some cans they can spin it as hooligans on tour…
Posted by: Mappers, August 12, 2023, 1:13pm; Reply: 2
There is about 100 of their officers waiting at the Notts station for the away train I think and they are all over the station outside ,meat waggons allover.

It's all a bit overkill isn't it surely and a waste of resources
Posted by: Davec, August 12, 2023, 1:18pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from wuffing
... from Cleethorpes station. Do they ever learn?! Train rammed already before reaching Grimsby station. These train companies are worse than useless. Surely one extra carriage on a day like today. Where are the decision makers? No-one seems to care anymore.

East Midlands Railway unfortunately simply don't have the rolling stock to throw on billions of extra carriages, also some trains was already strengthened from 2 carriages to 4, they have done their best with what they have got available
Posted by: toontown, August 12, 2023, 1:41pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from wuffing

With the way trains are in this country I'd just be glad it's running!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 12, 2023, 10:44pm; Reply: 5
Glad our EMR train back towards Crewe was 10 mins late as would have had to kill an hour waiting for the next one that we expected to catch Thanks for not being any good EMR you got me home an hour earlier than I expected. :)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 12, 2023, 10:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from toontown

With the way trains are in this country I'd just be glad it's running!

And that's the way we're being conditioned in this country.
Take everything away and the plebs will be grateful for every little scrap thrown back.
Posted by: LH, August 12, 2023, 10:51pm; Reply: 7
Not sure they can simply just put on one extra carriage as the trains are in three or four car rakes with each car perfoming a different action (tractor unit, driver car). They’d have to put on an 3/4 car rake which is harder to do with low levels of rolling stock available so they’d lose a service later in the day. There’s a poster on here who works for EMR who can probably confirm or deny this information. I used to test individual cars and rakes post renovation but mostly on electric trains where extra cars could easily be added.
Posted by: barralad, August 12, 2023, 11:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from LH
Not sure they can simply just put on one extra carriage as the trains are in three or four car rakes with each car perfoming a different action (tractor unit, driver car). They’d have to put on an 3/4 car rake which is harder to do with low levels of rolling stock available so they’d lose a service later in the day. There’s a poster on here who works for EMR who can probably confirm or deny this information. I used to test individual cars and rakes post renovation but mostly on electric trains where extra cars could easily be added.

I was speaking to a platform manager at Nottingham whilst waiting for my train. He told me the main reason why they didnt put on another two units was that regardless of the number of fans travelling the train would have to stop at the designated stops for that service and most of them do not have platforms long enough to cope with 4 coaches..also, (and I was amazed by this) there is legally no maximum number that a train can carry.
Anybody who had gone to Lincoln for the day would have struggled with what turned out to be the last train to Town today.
Posted by: DB, August 13, 2023, 10:00am; Reply: 9
Quoted from barralad

I was speaking to a platform manager at Nottingham whilst waiting for my train. He told me the main reason why they didnt put on another two units was that regardless of the number of fans travelling the train would have to stop at the designated stops for that service and most of them do not have platforms long enough to cope with 4 coaches..also, (and I was amazed by this) there is legally no maximum number that a train can carry.
Anybody who had gone to Lincoln for the day would have struggled with what turned out to be the last train to Town today.

I may be wrong but I'm led to believe that you buy a ticket for the journey, NOT a seat!

Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 13, 2023, 10:10am; Reply: 10
Another problem with EMR is that they have changer the type of units they use. The old type (Class 156) could be linked together enabling guard/ticket inspector to walk through from one end to the other. Their new units (Class 170) do not allow this and would need a guard/ ticket inspector in each unit, which EMR do not have enough of.
Posted by: barralad, August 13, 2023, 7:07pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from DB

I may be wrong but I'm led to believe that you buy a ticket for the journey, NOT a seat!

No mate you're right. Their contract with you is to get you there.
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 9:34pm