4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
August 12, 2023, 1:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
At the end of the season who has scored more-him or Haaland?

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 33
Maringer
August 12, 2023, 2:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,551
Gold Stars: 185
In the league? Will be interesting to see. Lewandowski averaged almost a goal a game when he was there (scoring more than a goal a game in a few seasons).

We'll have to compare the goals/game ratio as we play more games than the Bundesliga. Overall, Man City are likely to be stronger in the Champions League so Haaland ought to score a good few more altogether.

Kane is really such a good footballer - like Rooney in his prime, one of the best passers of the ball in the country as well as a goalscorer. Haaland much more focused on just scoring goals and not doing much else.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 33
kevikov
August 12, 2023, 10:46pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +14 / -5
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 13
Levy wouldn’t let him go to a Prem rival in any scenario, that leaves the top one or two clubs in two or three leagues. Real couldn’t and Barca could t afford him, PSG wanted him but he didn’t want them. That left Bayern and Bayern only in truth. He never should have signed his extension around the time city were sniffing, that wasted two years in reality.

I was there, the day Bradley Wood scored a 35 yarder!

From the black and white striped shirts
To the fish in the sea
You'll hear us singing
Coz we are Grimsby.

You won't hear us crying
But you'll hear us shout
Coz we are the Grimsby
And this is our chant.......... Grimsby! Grimsby! Grimsby!

A.S.A.F.A.T.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 33
Heisenberg
August 12, 2023, 11:12pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,072
Gold Stars: 93
Anyone who thinks Kane is guaranteed silverware at Bayern this season should have watched their supercup tonight - RB Leipzig are brilliant. They should contend in the bundesliga AND in Europe. Real dark horses.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 33
LH
August 12, 2023, 11:26pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,529
Gold Stars: 173
As good as Leipzig were Kane would have buried a few of the chances Bayern spurned before his introduction.
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 33
Heisenberg
August 12, 2023, 11:38pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,072
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from LH
As good as Leipzig were Kane would have buried a few of the chances Bayern spurned before his introduction.

Agreed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
August 13, 2023, 12:19am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237
I can't understand him going there. If he wins one or two medals so what? The German league is not a patch on the PL and lags behind the Spanish and French leagues.

I can't understand immensely wealthy footballers giving up the club they love to go to a club they have absolutely no affiliation to, in the pursuit of second rate medals.

If I were in that exalted position I would have stayed with Spurs (themselves a wonderful football club) till my career was over and become their all time greatest player, and accept that even some of the greatest players don't have a hat full of medals but have memories and respect that medals can't buy.

The money is amazing at Bayern but he already has more money than his family could ever need. He will always be a legend at Spurs but a one club man would have a special ring to it in the modern era.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 33
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
August 13, 2023, 7:19am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
I can't understand him going there. If he wins one or two medals so what? The German league is not a patch on the PL and lags behind the Spanish and French leagues.

I can't understand immensely wealthy footballers giving up the club they love to go to a club they have absolutely no affiliation to, in the pursuit of second rate medals.

If I were in that exalted position I would have stayed with Spurs (themselves a wonderful football club) till my career was over and become their all time greatest player, and accept that even some of the greatest players don't have a hat full of medals but have memories and respect that medals can't buy.

The money is amazing at Bayern but he already has more money than his family could ever need. He will always be a legend at Spurs but a one club man would have a special ring to it in the modern era.

1. The Bundesliga is stronger than Ligue 1. Dortmund and RB Leipzig are far better teams than Marseille, Lens, Lyon etc.

2. If Kane was primarily motivated by salary he would have moved to PSG or pushed through a move somewhere else.

3. You make Spurs sound like some sort of romantic, mom-and-pop, dewy eyed, jumpers for goalposts, family club. Instead, they’re gold leaf encrusted wagyu, Margaux mixed with cola, velour LV tracksuits with built in satin gusset. A horrible club, with whiny, entitled fans, an absolute cünt of a Chairman and a tax avoiding criminal of an owner. Grimsby Town they are not - well, not since Fenty left.

4. Kane would never have been remembered as Spurs’ greatest player (Greaves, Blanchflower). In the next few years, Spurs won’t win the League or a European trophy.

5. If you believe in UEFA coefficients, he’s just moved from the 22nd best side in Europe to the 2nd best in Europe/the World.

6. This isn’t a great Bayern side but, if they avoid City and Neuer returns to his best after his accident, they do have a chance of winning the Champions League. Spurs aren’t even playing in Europe.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 33
lew chaterleys lover
August 13, 2023, 8:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,725
Gold Stars: 237

1. The Bundesliga is stronger than Ligue 1. Dortmund and RB Leipzig are far better teams than Marseille, Lens, Lyon etc.

2. If Kane was primarily motivated by salary he would have moved to PSG or pushed through a move somewhere else.

3. You make Spurs sound like some sort of romantic, mom-and-pop, dewy eyed, jumpers for goalposts, family club. Instead, they’re gold leaf encrusted wagyu, Margaux mixed with cola, velour LV tracksuits with built in satin gusset. A horrible club, with whiny, entitled fans, an absolute cünt of a Chairman and a tax avoiding criminal of an owner. Grimsby Town they are not - well, not since Fenty left.

4. Kane would never have been remembered as Spurs’ greatest player (Greaves, Blanchflower). In the next few years, Spurs won’t win the League or a European trophy.

5. If you believe in UEFA coefficients, he’s just moved from the 22nd best side in Europe to the 2nd best in Europe/the World.

6. This isn’t a great Bayern side but, if they avoid City and Neuer returns to his best after his accident, they do have a chance of winning the Champions League. Spurs aren’t even playing in Europe.

All very good but as I say if it was me I wouldn't have left Tottenham and the Premier league for the German league and a couple of big games a year. I've no affection for Spurs myself but they are his club and just think it would have been nice to play his entire career there.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 33
jamesgtfc
August 13, 2023, 8:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,968
Gold Stars: 190

All very good but as I say if it was me I wouldn't have left Tottenham and the Premier league for the German league and a couple of big games a year. I've no affection for Spurs myself but they are his club and just think it would have been nice to play his entire career there.

People seem to forget the picture of him wearing an Arsenal kit in his youth. He could have gone to Saudi no doubt, but he hasn't.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 33
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Harry Kane

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.