1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
August 10, 2023, 10:30am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Does anyone know what is actually happening with the recycling bins and why they’re not being collected?
It seems any story on Grimsby live does well to avoid concrete reasoning and any lines from the council are disconcertingly vague.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
ginnywings
August 10, 2023, 10:45am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Lack of staff is the main issue and the ones they do have are picking up the slack.

It sounds to me like they have chosen to go on a work to rule, citing long hours and poor pay, so the recycling bins are the ones to suffer.

They have to take the green bins and the brown ones bring in money, so the grey and blue bins are being left.

The tosser Jackson, being the tosser that he is, has threatened them with dismissal, because Tories don't negotiate with plebs.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
DB
August 10, 2023, 11:06am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from ginnywings
Lack of staff is the main issue and the ones they do have are picking up the slack.

It sounds to me like they have chosen to go on a work to rule, citing long hours and poor pay, so the recycling bins are the ones to suffer.

They have to take the green bins and the brown ones bring in money, so the grey and blue bins are being left.

The tosser Jackson, being the tosser that he is, has threatened them with dismissal, because Tories don't negotiate with plebs.

Sums it up precisely.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
Les Brechin
August 10, 2023, 12:31pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,713
Gold Stars: 174
Our blue bin (paper) wasn't emptied at all last time it should have been. Thankfully the main 2, green bin and garden waste were. The Blue bin will be okay until it's next scheduled to be emptied by which time I hope they'e got things sorted.

OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
ginnywings
August 10, 2023, 1:21pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,143
Gold Stars: 548
Its blue bin day tomorrow for our street, but we've been told it wont be emptied. Grey bin wasn't done last time either.

The whole country is in a fecking state.

Everything is broken.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
Sandford1981
August 10, 2023, 1:38pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
Cheers Ginny!

Ours was meant to be emptied yesterday but hasn’t been. Ours is always full but luckily we’ve been on holiday for a week so we have a little breathing room but not for long.

Everything is absolutely copulated!!!

DOOMED!!! We’re all DOOMED!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
DB
August 10, 2023, 4:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
My green bin wasn't emptied, on purpose, last Monday. Told it would be emptied Tuesday, it wasn't. Told on Wednesday that it takes 3 working days so it should have been emptied on Thursday, but it wasn't. Friday came and it was eventually emptied.

It's a total fiasco, beyond a joke and the office staff just seem to care about payday and not the people who pay them.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
aldi_01
August 10, 2023, 4:36pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
There’s a reason I don’t bottom myself to use the various other bins they have me keep in my garden.

My green bin gets emptied, I use that. The fact they charge you for the brown bin is a racket.

The issue is not enough staff and, like almost every other profession, they’re won’t happy about working conditions and pay, stopping short of industrial action.

Jackson won’t care, probably still having conversations with Alex May…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › The Bins

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.