Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Non Football  /  
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 10, 2023, 10:30am
Does anyone know what is actually happening with the recycling bins and why they’re not being collected?
It seems any story on Grimsby live does well to avoid concrete reasoning and any lines from the council are disconcertingly vague.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 10, 2023, 10:45am; Reply: 1
Lack of staff is the main issue and the ones they do have are picking up the slack.

It sounds to me like they have chosen to go on a work to rule, citing long hours and poor pay, so the recycling bins are the ones to suffer.

They have to take the green bins and the brown ones bring in money, so the grey and blue bins are being left.

The tosser Jackson, being the tosser that he is, has threatened them with dismissal, because Tories don't negotiate with plebs.
Posted by: DB, August 10, 2023, 11:06am; Reply: 2
Quoted from ginnywings
Lack of staff is the main issue and the ones they do have are picking up the slack.

It sounds to me like they have chosen to go on a work to rule, citing long hours and poor pay, so the recycling bins are the ones to suffer.

They have to take the green bins and the brown ones bring in money, so the grey and blue bins are being left.

The tosser Jackson, being the tosser that he is, has threatened them with dismissal, because Tories don't negotiate with plebs.

Sums it up precisely.

Posted by: Les Brechin, August 10, 2023, 12:31pm; Reply: 3
Our blue bin (paper) wasn't emptied at all last time it should have been. Thankfully the main 2, green bin and garden waste were. The Blue bin will be okay until it's next scheduled to be emptied by which time I hope they'e got things sorted.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 10, 2023, 1:21pm; Reply: 4
Its blue bin day tomorrow for our street, but we've been told it wont be emptied. Grey bin wasn't done last time either.

The whole country is in a fecking state.

Everything is broken.
Posted by: Sandford1981, August 10, 2023, 1:38pm; Reply: 5
Cheers Ginny!

Ours was meant to be emptied yesterday but hasn’t been. Ours is always full but luckily we’ve been on holiday for a week so we have a little breathing room but not for long.

Everything is absolutely copulated!!!

DOOMED!!! We’re all DOOMED!
Posted by: DB, August 10, 2023, 4:10pm; Reply: 6
My green bin wasn't emptied, on purpose, last Monday. Told it would be emptied Tuesday, it wasn't. Told on Wednesday that it takes 3 working days so it should have been emptied on Thursday, but it wasn't. Friday came and it was eventually emptied.

It's a total fiasco, beyond a joke and the office staff just seem to care about payday and not the people who pay them.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 10, 2023, 4:36pm; Reply: 7
There’s a reason I don’t bottom myself to use the various other bins they have me keep in my garden.

My green bin gets emptied, I use that. The fact they charge you for the brown bin is a racket.

The issue is not enough staff and, like almost every other profession, they’re won’t happy about working conditions and pay, stopping short of industrial action.

Jackson won’t care, probably still having conversations with Alex May…
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 11:52am