It Bites
August 6, 2023, 7:23pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,162
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from aldi_01

Not being a male private but at risk of what?

The PA is excrement, we know that but they’ve also explained why they haven’t managed to solve that problem yet…

Can everyone please evacuate the main stand immediately……. Fire , bomb scare , roof coming loose etc etc etc
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
SteffiMariner
August 6, 2023, 7:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
I've spent the last 30 odd minutes looking in to it, and can't find any legislation that says that we are required to have a public address system. I would assume that the fact we are required to have stewards to assist in an evacuation would mean these are the requirement in case of fire, bomb scare, roof coming loose etc etc etc.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
It Bites
August 6, 2023, 8:13pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,162
Gold Stars: 264
Quoted from SteffiMariner
I've spent the last 30 odd minutes looking in to it, and can't find any legislation that says that we are required to have a public address system. I would assume that the fact we are required to have stewards to assist in an evacuation would mean these are the requirement in case of fire, bomb scare, roof coming loose etc etc etc.

You don’t honestly believe that . You’d put your life or your family’s life in the hands of a steward ?  Personally I’d like to hear about the problem as soon as possible and make a decision for myself .
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
SteffiMariner
August 6, 2023, 8:39pm
Lager Top Drinker
Quoted from It Bites

You don’t honestly believe that . You’d put your life or your family’s life in the hands of a steward ?  Personally I’d like to hear about the problem as soon as possible and make a decision for myself .

Do I believe it? After the 30 odd minutes of investigative work, based on it, yes I do.

Would I put my life (and family's) life in the hands of a steward? When it comes to being at the football and them being trained in their job, then I would, as they are trained to deal with situations and have the most up to date information as they are linked via earpiece and microphone to the control centre.

I would suggest that you would hear information quicker from a steward than a PA system any way, as the stewards would be informed at the same time (if not before) the PA announcer.

I think you are getting your knickers in a bit of a twist over a nothing issue. We have a PA system that is crap, everyone knows its crap, and the board have said it isn't economically viable to sort out at the minute, so it will remain crap.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
thefish
August 6, 2023, 8:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from Ruston AT

I was disappointed the score board clock stopped at 45 mins and 90 mins, surely if the programme needed changing it would've been done before the game.

Snap… that’s my biggest worry in life currently too!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
IlkleyMariner
August 6, 2023, 8:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 69
This thread is getting silly.

Hopefully by this time next week we will be in round 2 of Caribo cup and have 4 points in the bag….
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
SteffiMariner
August 6, 2023, 8:57pm
Lager Top Drinker
Even if that was the case, I'm sure someone will be moaning about something trivial like the seats being too faded, or the water temperature in the bog toilets being too high/low, or the air pressure in the Upper is too low and may cause people with heart problems to have shortness of breath if the temperature reaches 28 degrees and the wind is blowing slightly off due south and the humidity being exactly 56.7654433%. The bunch of moaning, miserable girl privates.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
aldi_01
August 6, 2023, 9:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from It Bites

Surely, upon entering the stadium, you do that?

I really do think this over thinking of the PA is because we’ve only had one game. I do wish people had nitpicked this much when Fenty was in charge though, we’d never have had twenty years of it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
jamesgtfc
August 6, 2023, 9:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,959
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from It Bites

I appreciate Everything they have done and I’m sure every genuine fan does . They’ve been brilliant BUT the PA System is putting people at a potential risk imo .

There are plenty of stewards, and most/all are radioed so they can orchestrate any evacuations etc. I'd like a fully functioning PA system so I could hear who has scored for those moments you can't quite tell, but I'd rather have a player like Conteh than a new PA system.

I was at Bramall Lane for the Women's Euros semi-final last summer. A packed stadium and 10 minutes before kick off, the fire alarm in the second tier corner above me started going off. Everybody just turned to one another and said "is that the fire alarm?" The crystal clear PA system advised people in that block to evacuate and nobody did, until stewards started evacuating them.

Two minutes later the fans were let back in and England hammered Sweden.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
HerveJosse
August 6, 2023, 9:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Safety at sports grounds act and regulations under the heading communications
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Big screen clock

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.