Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Ruston AT, August 6, 2023, 12:50pm

I was disappointed the score board clock stopped at 45 mins and 90 mins, surely if the programme needed changing it would've been done before the game.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 6, 2023, 1:17pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Ruston AT

I was disappointed the score board clock stopped at 45 mins and 90 mins, surely if the programme needed changing it would've been done before the game.

The guy who can do it was only told about it Friday night!
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2023, 2:02pm; Reply: 2
There’s literally a thread which contains the explanation as to why ours, and many across the country remained as normal yesterday.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 6, 2023, 3:27pm; Reply: 3
There are a lot of threads and posts complaining about different things today. The PA system, the scoreboard, and the inevitable weekly post mortem on the tickets sold v actual bums on seats, with all the calls for a new ground (aint gonna happen), a new stand (may happen at some point) or filling in the corners.

Cast your minds back a bit to when we were plummeting once again to non league, had an average gate and season ticket sales well below current levels, and had a crazy manager signing excuses for footballers, who seemingly spent their days playing darts and "training" with egg shaped footballs.

Think how far and how fast we have come since the new guys took over and all the changes they have made, on the field and off it, and just be thankful they are tackling years of decline in all parts of the great ship GTFC.

But they can't do everything all at once. It takes time, lots of money, and above all a bit of patience. Just rejoice at what they have achieved so far, instead of focusing on what they haven't.

They have done more in 2 1/2 seasons than the previous regime managed in almost 2 decades.

Isn't a promotion, a record cup run and a highest league finish in 17 years enough to be going on with?
Posted by: HatTrickHero, August 6, 2023, 4:20pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jamesgtfc

The guy who can do it was only told about it Friday night!

Just after he'd finished putting the roof on, I heard.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2023, 5:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings
There are a lot of threads and posts complaining about different things today. The PA system, the scoreboard, and the inevitable weekly post mortem on the tickets sold v actual bums on seats, with all the calls for a new ground (aint gonna happen), a new stand (may happen at some point) or filling in the corners.

Cast your minds back a bit to when we were plummeting once again to non league, had an average gate and season ticket sales well below current levels, and had a crazy manager signing excuses for footballers, who seemingly spent their days playing darts and "training" with egg shaped footballs.

Think how far and how fast we have come since the new guys took over and all the changes they have made, on the field and off it, and just be thankful they are tackling years of decline in all parts of the great ship GTFC.

But they can't do everything all at once. It takes time, lots of money, and above all a bit of patience. Just rejoice at what they have achieved so far, instead of focusing on what they haven't.

They have done more in 2 1/2 seasons than the previous regime managed in almost 2 decades.

Isn't a promotion, a record cup run and a highest league finish in 17 years enough to be going on with?

Pish. It’s not enough. Bloody tyre kickers…
Posted by: EvilFish, August 6, 2023, 5:37pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from ginnywings

Yeah, but what have the Romans ever done for us?

Posted by: It Bites, August 6, 2023, 5:53pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings

I appreciate Everything they have done and I’m sure every genuine fan does . They’ve been brilliant BUT the PA System is putting people at a potential risk imo .
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2023, 6:19pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from It Bites

I appreciate Everything they have done and I’m sure every genuine fan does . They’ve been brilliant BUT the PA System is putting people at a potential risk imo .

Not being a male private but at risk of what?

The PA is excrement, we know that but they’ve also explained why they haven’t managed to solve that problem yet…
Posted by: lukeo, August 6, 2023, 6:52pm; Reply: 9
Gold star from me Ginny.
Posted by: It Bites, August 6, 2023, 7:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from aldi_01

Not being a male private but at risk of what?

The PA is excrement, we know that but they’ve also explained why they haven’t managed to solve that problem yet…

Can everyone please evacuate the main stand immediately……. Fire , bomb scare , roof coming loose etc etc etc
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 6, 2023, 7:49pm; Reply: 11
I've spent the last 30 odd minutes looking in to it, and can't find any legislation that says that we are required to have a public address system. I would assume that the fact we are required to have stewards to assist in an evacuation would mean these are the requirement in case of fire, bomb scare, roof coming loose etc etc etc.
Posted by: It Bites, August 6, 2023, 8:13pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from SteffiMariner
I've spent the last 30 odd minutes looking in to it, and can't find any legislation that says that we are required to have a public address system. I would assume that the fact we are required to have stewards to assist in an evacuation would mean these are the requirement in case of fire, bomb scare, roof coming loose etc etc etc.

You don’t honestly believe that . You’d put your life or your family’s life in the hands of a steward ?  Personally I’d like to hear about the problem as soon as possible and make a decision for myself .
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 6, 2023, 8:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from It Bites

You don’t honestly believe that . You’d put your life or your family’s life in the hands of a steward ?  Personally I’d like to hear about the problem as soon as possible and make a decision for myself .

Do I believe it? After the 30 odd minutes of investigative work, based on it, yes I do.

Would I put my life (and family's) life in the hands of a steward? When it comes to being at the football and them being trained in their job, then I would, as they are trained to deal with situations and have the most up to date information as they are linked via earpiece and microphone to the control centre.

I would suggest that you would hear information quicker from a steward than a PA system any way, as the stewards would be informed at the same time (if not before) the PA announcer.

I think you are getting your knickers in a bit of a twist over a nothing issue. We have a PA system that is crap, everyone knows its crap, and the board have said it isn't economically viable to sort out at the minute, so it will remain crap.

Posted by: thefish, August 6, 2023, 8:41pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Ruston AT

Snap… that’s my biggest worry in life currently too!
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, August 6, 2023, 8:51pm; Reply: 15
This thread is getting silly.

Hopefully by this time next week we will be in round 2 of Caribo cup and have 4 points in the bag….
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 6, 2023, 8:57pm; Reply: 16
Even if that was the case, I'm sure someone will be moaning about something trivial like the seats being too faded, or the water temperature in the bog toilets being too high/low, or the air pressure in the Upper is too low and may cause people with heart problems to have shortness of breath if the temperature reaches 28 degrees and the wind is blowing slightly off due south and the humidity being exactly 56.7654433%. The bunch of moaning, miserable girl privates.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 6, 2023, 9:02pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from It Bites

Surely, upon entering the stadium, you do that?

I really do think this over thinking of the PA is because we’ve only had one game. I do wish people had nitpicked this much when Fenty was in charge though, we’d never have had twenty years of it.

Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 6, 2023, 9:09pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from It Bites

There are plenty of stewards, and most/all are radioed so they can orchestrate any evacuations etc. I'd like a fully functioning PA system so I could hear who has scored for those moments you can't quite tell, but I'd rather have a player like Conteh than a new PA system.

I was at Bramall Lane for the Women's Euros semi-final last summer. A packed stadium and 10 minutes before kick off, the fire alarm in the second tier corner above me started going off. Everybody just turned to one another and said "is that the fire alarm?" The crystal clear PA system advised people in that block to evacuate and nobody did, until stewards started evacuating them.

Two minutes later the fans were let back in and England hammered Sweden.
Posted by: HerveJosse, August 6, 2023, 9:12pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Safety at sports grounds act and regulations under the heading communications
Print page generated: May 10, 2024, 10:21pm