3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
GTFCNiles
August 5, 2023, 7:34am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +4 / -1
Approval: +42
Gold Stars: 6
Today marks the dawn of a new season, as we gather to celebrate the First Day of the Grimsby Town FC football extravaganza!

Amidst the sounds of seagulls above Blundell Park, we bid farewell to the summer's sandcastles and embark on a journey of tackles, goals, and dramatic moments that rival even the most intense Shakespearean play.

Grimsby Town FC – a place where every match tells a tale of underdog triumphs and heart-stopping suspense. Here, the term "football fever" takes on a new meaning, as fans express their passion with cheers and jeers that match a seagull squabble over the last chip.

Let us not overlook the classic black and white stripes – the cherished attire that unites us in support of our Mariners.

As the players step onto the pitch, it's a sight to behold – akin to watching a crew of daring adventurers embarking on a quest for footballing glory. The precise passes, powerful headers, and agile saves create a spectacle that rivals the acrobatics of dolphins.

Yet, the heart of the team lies within its fans – those who paint their faces, proudly display their scarves, and chant with a fervor that could rival a pod of whales in a karaoke contest. The roar of the crowd echoes like a tempestuous storm, and the sense of camaraderie runs as deep as barnacles on a ship's hull.

So, as we plunge into this new season, filled with victories, losses, and thrilling moments, let us stand tall and steadfast, shouting our support for Grimsby Town FC with unwavering enthusiasm.

Here's to a season brimming with unforgettable memories, victorious matches, and enough football-induced joy to make even the most stoic sailor break into a dance of celebration. Anchors aweigh, my fellow Mariners – let the games commence!
Logged Offline
Private Message
crusty ole pie
August 5, 2023, 8:00am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,351
Gold Stars: 66
THE BEST SATURDAY OF THE YEAR bar none full of optimism and belief let the good times and  sell out crowds continue. A day to renew friendships of all those that sit amongst us UP THE MARINERS X
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
Rick12
August 5, 2023, 8:01am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Good post and sentiments 👍. I remember my dad taking me to my first game as a young nipper. Cold winters evening up in the findus I remember.

Always remember the story's he told me of the life some of his family had in the fishing industry . One of them was a skipper and it was a tough life. Out in all weathers for 3 weeks at a time . This sort of life built character . Likewise love the football clubs emblem. Very fitting for a town synonymous with the fishing industry.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
lukeo
August 5, 2023, 8:16am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Todays going to be emotional for many reasons.
My first home league game of the season for a while.
My grandad is detiorating very quickly so this may be my last opportunity to get him to Blundell Park safely. Luckily I have a very good friend who'll be with us, helping me keep an eye on him, making sure he has a nice time and doesn't go walk about! Before I moved away we went to every home game for many years and even travelled to away games.

Very excited for today's game but also very nervous. I just hope we put on a good display.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
crusty ole pie
August 5, 2023, 8:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,351
Gold Stars: 66
Quoted from lukeo
Todays going to be emotional for many reasons.
My first home league game of the season for a while.
My grandad is detiorating very quickly so this may be my last opportunity to get him to Blundell Park safely. Luckily I have a very good friend who'll be with us, helping me keep an eye on him, making sure he has a nice time and doesn't go walk about! Before I moved away we went to every home game for many years and even travelled to away games.

Very excited for today's game but also very nervous. I just hope we put on a good display.

UTM

Enjoy the day and make memories utm

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 5, 2023, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Or to put it another way, it’s a chance to meet your mates, have a few beers and lose money at the bookies due to a last minute goal by queen of the south.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
Chalky
August 5, 2023, 8:44am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
Good luck on the first win of many Mariners and fingers crossed for a playoff finish because we both know that you love those don’t we (please,please,please not again)

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
WOZOFGRIMSBY
August 5, 2023, 8:56am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,844
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Chalky
Good luck on the first win of many Mariners and fingers crossed for a playoff finish because we both know that you love those don’t we (please,please,please not again)

UTM

If the playoffs are to come for us this year, it will have been a good season imho. I think keeping a hold of langstaff has been key for you this summer.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
chaos33
August 5, 2023, 9:07am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Chalky

UTM

Cheers mate. Good luck this season and think you’ll kick off with a win 👍

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
August 5, 2023, 9:17am
Guest User
Quoted from GTFCNiles
Today marks the dawn of a new season, as we gather to celebrate the First Day of the Grimsby Town FC football extravaganza!

Amidst the sounds of seagulls above Blundell Park, we bid farewell to the summer's sandcastles and embark on a journey of tackles, goals, and dramatic moments that rival even the most intense Shakespearean play.

Grimsby Town FC – a place where every match tells a tale of underdog triumphs and heart-stopping suspense. Here, the term "football fever" takes on a new meaning, as fans express their passion with cheers and jeers that match a seagull squabble over the last chip.

Let us not overlook the classic black and white stripes – the cherished attire that unites us in support of our Mariners.

As the players step onto the pitch, it's a sight to behold – akin to watching a crew of daring adventurers embarking on a quest for footballing glory. The precise passes, powerful headers, and agile saves create a spectacle that rivals the acrobatics of dolphins.

Yet, the heart of the team lies within its fans – those who paint their faces, proudly display their scarves, and chant with a fervor that could rival a pod of whales in a karaoke contest. The roar of the crowd echoes like a tempestuous storm, and the sense of camaraderie runs as deep as barnacles on a ship's hull.

So, as we plunge into this new season, filled with victories, losses, and thrilling moments, let us stand tall and steadfast, shouting our support for Grimsby Town FC with unwavering enthusiasm.

Here's to a season brimming with unforgettable memories, victorious matches, and enough football-induced joy to make even the most stoic sailor break into a dance of celebration. Anchors aweigh, my fellow Mariners – let the games commence!

This should be copied and posted on the dressing room wall.  Nice post.  UTM!

Reply: 9 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › New season day

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.