Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GTFCNiles, August 5, 2023, 7:34am
Today marks the dawn of a new season, as we gather to celebrate the First Day of the Grimsby Town FC football extravaganza!

Amidst the sounds of seagulls above Blundell Park, we bid farewell to the summer's sandcastles and embark on a journey of tackles, goals, and dramatic moments that rival even the most intense Shakespearean play.

Grimsby Town FC – a place where every match tells a tale of underdog triumphs and heart-stopping suspense. Here, the term "football fever" takes on a new meaning, as fans express their passion with cheers and jeers that match a seagull squabble over the last chip.

Let us not overlook the classic black and white stripes – the cherished attire that unites us in support of our Mariners.

As the players step onto the pitch, it's a sight to behold – akin to watching a crew of daring adventurers embarking on a quest for footballing glory. The precise passes, powerful headers, and agile saves create a spectacle that rivals the acrobatics of dolphins.

Yet, the heart of the team lies within its fans – those who paint their faces, proudly display their scarves, and chant with a fervor that could rival a pod of whales in a karaoke contest. The roar of the crowd echoes like a tempestuous storm, and the sense of camaraderie runs as deep as barnacles on a ship's hull.

So, as we plunge into this new season, filled with victories, losses, and thrilling moments, let us stand tall and steadfast, shouting our support for Grimsby Town FC with unwavering enthusiasm.

Here's to a season brimming with unforgettable memories, victorious matches, and enough football-induced joy to make even the most stoic sailor break into a dance of celebration. Anchors aweigh, my fellow Mariners – let the games commence!
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 5, 2023, 8:00am; Reply: 1
THE BEST SATURDAY OF THE YEAR bar none full of optimism and belief let the good times and  sell out crowds continue. A day to renew friendships of all those that sit amongst us UP THE MARINERS X
Posted by: Rick12, August 5, 2023, 8:01am; Reply: 2
Good post and sentiments 👍. I remember my dad taking me to my first game as a young nipper. Cold winters evening up in the findus I remember.

Always remember the story's he told me of the life some of his family had in the fishing industry . One of them was a skipper and it was a tough life. Out in all weathers for 3 weeks at a time . This sort of life built character . Likewise love the football clubs emblem. Very fitting for a town synonymous with the fishing industry.
Posted by: lukeo, August 5, 2023, 8:16am; Reply: 3
Todays going to be emotional for many reasons.
My first home league game of the season for a while.
My grandad is detiorating very quickly so this may be my last opportunity to get him to Blundell Park safely. Luckily I have a very good friend who'll be with us, helping me keep an eye on him, making sure he has a nice time and doesn't go walk about! Before I moved away we went to every home game for many years and even travelled to away games.

Very excited for today's game but also very nervous. I just hope we put on a good display.

UTM
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 5, 2023, 8:36am; Reply: 4
Quoted from lukeo
Todays going to be emotional for many reasons.
My first home league game of the season for a while.
My grandad is detiorating very quickly so this may be my last opportunity to get him to Blundell Park safely. Luckily I have a very good friend who'll be with us, helping me keep an eye on him, making sure he has a nice time and doesn't go walk about! Before I moved away we went to every home game for many years and even travelled to away games.

Very excited for today's game but also very nervous. I just hope we put on a good display.

UTM

Enjoy the day and make memories utm

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 5, 2023, 8:40am; Reply: 5
Or to put it another way, it’s a chance to meet your mates, have a few beers and lose money at the bookies due to a last minute goal by queen of the south.
Posted by: Chalky, August 5, 2023, 8:44am; Reply: 6
Good luck on the first win of many Mariners and fingers crossed for a playoff finish because we both know that you love those don’t we (please,please,please not again)

UTM
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 5, 2023, 8:56am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Chalky
Good luck on the first win of many Mariners and fingers crossed for a playoff finish because we both know that you love those don’t we (please,please,please not again)

UTM

If the playoffs are to come for us this year, it will have been a good season imho. I think keeping a hold of langstaff has been key for you this summer.
Posted by: chaos33, August 5, 2023, 9:07am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Chalky

UTM

Cheers mate. Good luck this season and think you’ll kick off with a win 👍
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), August 5, 2023, 9:17am; Reply: 9
Quoted from GTFCNiles
Today marks the dawn of a new season, as we gather to celebrate the First Day of the Grimsby Town FC football extravaganza!

Amidst the sounds of seagulls above Blundell Park, we bid farewell to the summer's sandcastles and embark on a journey of tackles, goals, and dramatic moments that rival even the most intense Shakespearean play.

Grimsby Town FC – a place where every match tells a tale of underdog triumphs and heart-stopping suspense. Here, the term "football fever" takes on a new meaning, as fans express their passion with cheers and jeers that match a seagull squabble over the last chip.

Let us not overlook the classic black and white stripes – the cherished attire that unites us in support of our Mariners.

As the players step onto the pitch, it's a sight to behold – akin to watching a crew of daring adventurers embarking on a quest for footballing glory. The precise passes, powerful headers, and agile saves create a spectacle that rivals the acrobatics of dolphins.

Yet, the heart of the team lies within its fans – those who paint their faces, proudly display their scarves, and chant with a fervor that could rival a pod of whales in a karaoke contest. The roar of the crowd echoes like a tempestuous storm, and the sense of camaraderie runs as deep as barnacles on a ship's hull.

So, as we plunge into this new season, filled with victories, losses, and thrilling moments, let us stand tall and steadfast, shouting our support for Grimsby Town FC with unwavering enthusiasm.

Here's to a season brimming with unforgettable memories, victorious matches, and enough football-induced joy to make even the most stoic sailor break into a dance of celebration. Anchors aweigh, my fellow Mariners – let the games commence!

This should be copied and posted on the dressing room wall.  Nice post.  UTM!

Posted by: The Caterham Mariner, August 5, 2023, 9:22am; Reply: 10
HERE WE GO AGAIN !!
Another new season, Hopes and dreams start at 3pm!!
UTM 2023 -- 24
Posted by: acko338, August 5, 2023, 9:28am; Reply: 11
Up the mariners, let's start off with a good home win for all those who have been gagging to retake their seats, and hopefully see Town play football swiftly and on the deck this year.

Time for potential to become the reality !
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 5, 2023, 9:32am; Reply: 12
Hoping for a good Season and much more attacking intent from the team at home.I like the look of the squad assembled would love to see the addition of Luke Armstrong and genuinely think we're going up.UTM
Posted by: marinerjase, August 5, 2023, 9:58am; Reply: 13
People keep mentioning Armstrong..it’s a non starter. Always has been. Decent contract already and business interests nearby ..
Posted by: wuffing, August 5, 2023, 11:11am; Reply: 14
Quoted from GTFCNiles

Well said Mr. Shakespeare...
Posted by: lukeo, August 5, 2023, 11:14am; Reply: 15
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Enjoy the day and make memories utm

Thanks fella. Hopefully the weather doesn't dampen the mood
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 5, 2023, 11:29am; Reply: 16
This sums it up I reckon
Posted by: geir, August 5, 2023, 12:15pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from wuffing

Well said Mr. Shakespeare...

:) Actually... if William Shakespeare had his way the text would look more like this:

Upon this morn, a season's page unfurls,
Assembled we, to greet Grimsby's football whirls.
The Grimsby Town, in black and white array,
Doth launch their play, upon this grand display.

Amidst the cries of gulls o'er Blundell's dome,
We bid adieu to summer's sandy home,
And enter now a realm of fierce embrace,
Of tackles, goals, and destiny to chase.

The stage is set, the drama shall unfold,
A tale of triumph 'gainst adversities bold.
In Grimsby's heart, where football fervor soars,
The fans erupt, a seagull squabble roars.

The stripes of ebony and ivory hue,
They bind us close, a steadfast, faithful crew.
As players step upon the hallowed ground,
A sight to rival tales of quests renowned.

With passes deft, like quills in learned hand,
And headers strong, as knights with swords command,
The agile saves, a sprite's elusive grace,
Combine to form this footballing embrace.

Yet, at the core, the fans, a tempest's force,
They paint their faces, scarves in fervent course,
A chorus swells, like whales in deep sea's trance,
A unity akin, a mariner's dance.

As seasons ebb and flow, victories and woe,
Together we shall stand, our spirits aglow.
For Grimsby's banner, high above shall wave,
A steadfast crew, our hearts aflame and brave.

Into the fray, with unwavering cheer,
We'll follow close, our team, both far and near.
Oh, let the games commence, let joy abound,
A sailor's dance, on victory's ground.

So raise thy voices, Mariners, with might,
Anchors aweigh, through day and starry night.
To Grimsby Town, our loyalty we lend,
A toast to thee, our team, our dearest friend!
Posted by: RonMariner, August 5, 2023, 12:19pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from lukeo

Thanks fella. Hopefully the weather doesn't dampen the mood

I sincerely hope the weather is better at BP than it is here in the Midlands. It’s bucketing down and has been for hours.
Posted by: RonMariner, August 5, 2023, 12:43pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from geir

:) Actually... if William Shakespeare had his way the text would look more like this:

Upon this morn, a season's page unfurls,
Assembled we, to greet Grimsby's football whirls.
The Grimsby Town, in black and white array,
Doth launch their play, upon this grand display.

Amidst the cries of gulls o'er Blundell's dome,
We bid adieu to summer's sandy home,
And enter now a realm of fierce embrace,
Of tackles, goals, and destiny to chase.

The stage is set, the drama shall unfold,
A tale of triumph 'gainst adversities bold.
In Grimsby's heart, where football fervor soars,
The fans erupt, a seagull squabble roars.

The stripes of ebony and ivory hue,
They bind us close, a steadfast, faithful crew.
As players step upon the hallowed ground,
A sight to rival tales of quests renowned.

With passes deft, like quills in learned hand,
And headers strong, as knights with swords command,
The agile saves, a sprite's elusive grace,
Combine to form this footballing embrace.

Yet, at the core, the fans, a tempest's force,
They paint their faces, scarves in fervent course,
A chorus swells, like whales in deep sea's trance,
A unity akin, a mariner's dance.

As seasons ebb and flow, victories and woe,
Together we shall stand, our spirits aglow.
For Grimsby's banner, high above shall wave,
A steadfast crew, our hearts aflame and brave.

Into the fray, with unwavering cheer,
We'll follow close, our team, both far and near.
Oh, let the games commence, let joy abound,
A sailor's dance, on victory's ground.

So raise thy voices, Mariners, with might,
Anchors aweigh, through day and starry night.
To Grimsby Town, our loyalty we lend,
A toast to thee, our team, our dearest friend!

Been on ChatGBT I see.
Posted by: geir, August 5, 2023, 1:32pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from RonMariner

Been on ChatGBT I see.

LOL!  ;D :o
Print page generated: May 11, 2024, 1:12pm