August 1, 2023, 10:10pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,263
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Macron are flipping shite.

Not sure how they are responsible for this one if the competition was run late ( too late to factor in the process of completing, judging, renderings, fa permission/tweaks negotiating then manufacture ) and other processes weren't complete within product lead in times.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
GollyGTFC
August 2, 2023, 8:27am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,962
Gold Stars: 356
End of September is fine. We could wear our home or red away kit everywhere except Doncaster away and that’s at the end of October.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 15
headingly_mariner
August 2, 2023, 11:19am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,373
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from moosey_club

Not sure how they are responsible for this one if the competition was run late ( too late to factor in the process of completing, judging, renderings, fa permission/tweaks negotiating then manufacture ) and other processes weren't complete within product lead in times.

The club have never got any kits in any sizes. Or they haven't got shorts or socks for kids.
It took months for orders to come through last year.
The shirts are shocking quality. Especially last seasons home shirt, which ripped at the collar all the time.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
Poojah
August 2, 2023, 11:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,558
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The club have never got any kits in any sizes. Or they haven't got shorts or socks for kids.
It took months for orders to come through last year.
The shirts are shocking quality. Especially last seasons home shirt, which ripped at the collar all the time.

The stock situation appears to be slightly better this year, provided you have a BMI under 30 at least. Things happened very quickly last year, and the club can be forgiven for slightly underestimating demand.

I did buy a shirt for the first time in many years this summer, and the quality (or lack thereof) did surprise me a bit. The fabric feels akin to my kids’ fancy dress clothes, that are purposely designed to be cheap and disposable.

I might have this wrong, but I think Macron offers clubs different quality levels at different price points. I’ve noticed a few other clubs, such as Bradford, have a little “eco fabric” label on their shirts, that ours don’t. They also retail at a price 20% higher than ours, and so I suspect it’s probably a strategic decision of the club to run with a “cheaper” product. I don’t know how well a £55 home shirt would sit with Town fans, generally.

https://www.bantamsdirect.co.uk/products/23-24-home-jersey-s-s

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
lukeo
August 29, 2023, 7:15am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Just gone onto the club site to buy myself the away top. Totally out of stock except for large. Frustrating. If it was just one size out of stock fair enough but all bar 1 is not good.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › 3rd kit

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.