Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  The New Fishy  /  
Posted by: chaos33, August 1, 2023, 8:04am
Any news on it?
Posted by: aldi_01, August 1, 2023, 8:24am; Reply: 1
I’m sure they said the winning design has been picked but there was manufacturing delays? I know they definitely mentioned it.
Posted by: ska face, August 1, 2023, 9:05am; Reply: 2
Awaiting FA approval I think
Posted by: The Dogs Testicles, August 1, 2023, 9:19am; Reply: 3
I was told yesterday in the Club Shop that the delta had been due to roping and fro’ if with FA for design approval in the first instance.  That has now been approved and Macron have it for production - expected to arrive in September.

Winner of Comp will be announced when it is received.
Posted by: The Dogs Testicles, August 1, 2023, 9:20am; Reply: 4
Delete ModifyQuote
I was told yesterday in the Club Shop that the delay had been due to too’ing and fro’ing with FA for design approval in the first instance.  That has now been approved and Macron have it for production - expected to arrive in September.

Winner of Comp will be announced when it is received.
Posted by: chaos33, August 1, 2023, 9:36am; Reply: 5
Cheers for that info. Interested to see what colour it is.
Posted by: heppy88, August 1, 2023, 11:34am; Reply: 6
I was in club shop buying mine and daughters tops. Was told 3rd strip not available until end of September.
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 1, 2023, 1:39pm; Reply: 7
Never mind extending the main stand, having all 3 kits revealed, stocked and ready to buy for Father’s Day, or July 1st at the latest should be high up on the list.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 1, 2023, 2:08pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from chaos33
Cheers for that info. Interested to see what colour it is.

Blue.  
Posted by: Abdul19, August 1, 2023, 2:25pm; Reply: 9
Ooh nice, we've not had a blue shirt since 22/23.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 1, 2023, 10:00pm; Reply: 10
Macron are flipping shite.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 1, 2023, 10:10pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Macron are flipping shite.

Not sure how they are responsible for this one if the competition was run late ( too late to factor in the process of completing, judging, renderings, fa permission/tweaks negotiating then manufacture ) and other processes weren't complete within product lead in times.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, August 2, 2023, 8:27am; Reply: 12
End of September is fine. We could wear our home or red away kit everywhere except Doncaster away and that’s at the end of October.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, August 2, 2023, 11:19am; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

Not sure how they are responsible for this one if the competition was run late ( too late to factor in the process of completing, judging, renderings, fa permission/tweaks negotiating then manufacture ) and other processes weren't complete within product lead in times.

The club have never got any kits in any sizes. Or they haven't got shorts or socks for kids.
It took months for orders to come through last year.
The shirts are shocking quality. Especially last seasons home shirt, which ripped at the collar all the time.
Posted by: Poojah, August 2, 2023, 11:30am; Reply: 14
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The club have never got any kits in any sizes. Or they haven't got shorts or socks for kids.
It took months for orders to come through last year.
The shirts are shocking quality. Especially last seasons home shirt, which ripped at the collar all the time.

The stock situation appears to be slightly better this year, provided you have a BMI under 30 at least. Things happened very quickly last year, and the club can be forgiven for slightly underestimating demand.

I did buy a shirt for the first time in many years this summer, and the quality (or lack thereof) did surprise me a bit. The fabric feels akin to my kids’ fancy dress clothes, that are purposely designed to be cheap and disposable.

I might have this wrong, but I think Macron offers clubs different quality levels at different price points. I’ve noticed a few other clubs, such as Bradford, have a little “eco fabric” label on their shirts, that ours don’t. They also retail at a price 20% higher than ours, and so I suspect it’s probably a strategic decision of the club to run with a “cheaper” product. I don’t know how well a £55 home shirt would sit with Town fans, generally.

https://www.bantamsdirect.co.uk/products/23-24-home-jersey-s-s

Posted by: lukeo, August 29, 2023, 7:15am; Reply: 15
Just gone onto the club site to buy myself the away top. Totally out of stock except for large. Frustrating. If it was just one size out of stock fair enough but all bar 1 is not good.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 9:25pm